Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-04-2011, 01:36 PM   #1
Kromm
GURPS Line Editor

Default GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 14: Psi

I need no arrows
Nor mana, nor sanctity
My mind is enough
— Some hack
A scant four weeks after the last GURPS Dungeon Fantasy release, e23 has another: GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 14: Psi, by y.t. This volume drags detailed rules for psi powers down into the dungeon, making it an even more dangerous place to be. Along with the abilities themselves, it offers templates for the delvers who wield them; extensive advice on incorporating psionic adventurers and their gifts into your campaign; and a bunch of psi-themed items, disasters, and monsters. There's also enough exposition on Elder Things to cause a Fright Check, and even an explanation for why psis like to shave their heads. Yes, this release covers a lot of new ground for Dungeon Fantasy . . . so buy it or Azathoth will destroy you!
Kromm is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:25 PM   #2
Rasputin

Default Re: GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 14: Psi

And, as I gather from your blog, will there be a pair of psi?

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:30 PM   #3
ULFGARD

Okay. I'll admit it (first step, after all): I'm addicted to the DF line. In a way that I haven't been for MH or Action (though they both look cool, and if I revamp my modern horror game, MH and Action will be in my collection for certain). I was about to lament that DF was over, forgotten, kaput. Yet... 2 releases in a month's span? Awesome! Keep 'em coming, otherwise I may be forced to mainline something... Unpleasant....
Old 08-04-2011, 02:41 PM   #4
Turhan's Bey Company
Aluminated

Location: East of the moon, west of the stars, close to buses and shopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by ULFGARD View Post
I was about to lament that DF was over, forgotten, kaput.
Even after DFM1 came out just a couple of months ago?

If you ever worry about this sort of thing, you may want to keep an eye on Kromm's blog. He drops the occasional hint about GURPS products going through the pipe (like, say, the upcoming first DF adventure), giving you some forward visibility.

Buy my Warehouse 23 stuff, dammit!
Turhan's Bey Company is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:44 PM   #5
chandley

Allow me to ask the inevitable question to those that have already purchased this: If I have MH and Psionic Powers, what is in this that doesnt overlap? All of it? Some of it? All the DF setting stuff, but the powers are all pretty much already covered? DF Psi doesnt even remotely look like Psionic Powers?
chandley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 02:47 PM   #6
PseudoFenton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
...and even an explanation for why psis like to shave their heads....
Sold. Seriously who hasn't wanted to know the answer to that?!
PseudoFenton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:10 PM   #7
vitruvian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chandley View Post
Allow me to ask the inevitable question to those that have already purchased this: If I have MH and Psionic Powers, what is in this that doesnt overlap? All of it? Some of it? All the DF setting stuff, but the powers are all pretty much already covered? DF Psi doesnt even remotely look like Psionic Powers?
That last one, really. Even the Power Modifier is pretty much completely different. It's a very DF approach, although not quite as kitchen sink as I remember AD&D being with it - no bizarro Body Weaponry or Molecular Rearrangement abilities, for example.
vitruvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 03:56 PM   #8
ULFGARD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turhan's Bey Company View Post
If you ever worry about this sort of thing, you may want to keep an eye on Kromm's blog.
I read it weekly.

Of course, I didn't really think it was over, but the volume of posts has been -- understandably -- slanted toward MH. Like I said, I've got a great campaign for MH use which I may reboot at some point. Though I'm not quite sure how I'd do it, since I loved my introductory "make 75 point characters who know each other" bit.

DF is much simpler. And good for a pick up game. In fact, with my old group I created my DF game as a "stand in" for when we showed up too tired for our more "dramatic" game. Or when I, running both, was too frazzled from the week to pull the other off. DF is more about rock&roll "in the moment" fun than, say, my MH-style game (though it was super over the top insofar as everyone was around 1000 points or so -- but they needed it!).
Old 08-04-2011, 05:13 PM   #9
tg_ambro

Wow! This looks amazing, I must have! Long live GURPS, all hail Kromm! Iä! Iä! Ph'nglui Mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn!

Check out my blog, Ambro's Brainwaves Pretend you have telepathy, read my thoughts!
tg_ambro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2011, 05:47 PM   #10
Stone Dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
even an explanation for why psis like to shave their heads.
Okay, I was going to hold off on this, but if somebody will break this part down for me and I like it, I'll by Psi and Monsters tonight.
Stone Dog is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dungeon fantasy, psi