Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-10-2019, 12:10 AM   #31
Biscuri

Default Re: Help with building a summonable "slime chimera"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldric View Post
I would just go with the Chimera having Payload, whatever slimes you load there can still use their skills just like characters in a car. If you want the chinera to inherit a skill possessed by one of the slimes, you justnuse Modular Abilities with chip slots, your chips just happen to be slimes.
Only issue I see is that the clawed tentacle can be targeted as an individual creature which may or may not be what you want.
I don't think it's a problem, they would be targetable as hit locations anyway. So I'll use them as normal chip slots, no modifiers.

Quote:
On the issue of controlling the lesser slimes, just make them minions with reprogrammable, now they answer to the summoner or the chimera, assuming the chimera has enough IQ to make decisions for them and it's not a Minion itself.
Didn't know I could use reprogrammable like that, it completely solves the issue, it's simple and objective.

Quote:
Bonus of using payload, if the chimera is killed, the slimes in the payload might take some damage, but would then just flow out which was one of the requirements if I'm not mistaken
Yep, it was, every requirement is met here, thanks guys.
Biscuri is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ally, chimera, fantasy, slime, summon