Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2020, 06:01 AM   #11
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers (OOC)

[QUOTE=Hide;2353584]Hey there, I am the new player! Nice to meet you![/quote[
Welcome!

Quote:
The character will speak Spanish (I understand this is the main language, including the enemy) and either Japanese or Russian.
Not quite. Its the main language of the fifth spinward republic, but the enemy speaks a fictional language called zorbani. The spinward republic has many languages, and you actually don't need Spanish, though I think all the existing characters do have it.

Quote:
Roughly speaking the character will feature:

Stealth/Forensics (SL 12+)
Diplomatic skills (SL 13+)
Hand to hand combat (SL 15+)
Anti-psi (static, meaning I will have no psi) OR resistant +8 (expecting to resist psi and have psi powers)
Resistant (immunity to poisons/drugs) [15] (preventing to be poisoned/drugged)
You have 100 points earmarked for psionic powers (and only them), so you'll want a power set. Immune to drugs/poisons isn't on the table, though resistant is, at least at this stage of the game.

The skill set looks mostly equivalent to what the other folks have. Daymar is more of a generalist and Hua is more of a sneak. Don't forget skills like scrounging and weapons training.

Quote:
Additionally, what’s the ambience of the setting?
Ambiance. That's a hard word. I'll start with influences. The setting is inspired by psi wars (a star wars clone adapted for gaming), by the psionic special operators you get at the end of x-com, and by ships and military life from the world wars. Its also worth noting that this is essentially a heist game: you're stealing a warship.

We have some elements of "slice of life". That life features both military rank-and file elements, as well as the exotic worlds they come from (though the people themselves tend not to be exotic) The technology vibe is kind of odd: personal tech is minmalized and played down, while the massive superscience machinery that runs the ship is played up: I'm aiming for a greasy mechanic vibe there.

Other than that, the ambience is kind of up to the players.
Quote:
Could you share with me 4 songs? A music theme for the setting, another for combat, one more for intrigue/narrative and ending song.
I could start looking. I don't usually do music as part of game mastering. I haven't played face to face in years.
Quote:
Do you have pictures of your characters?
Not that I'm aware of. They might, but I don't.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote