Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-14-2010, 12:26 AM   #11
Langy

Default Re: GURPS Spaceships Design Spreadsheet

Java can parse XML files just fine. It may not have any prebuilt classes for XML parsing, but that doesn't mean much.

Quote:
1. What if my ship is so simple it doesn't need 20 systems? What if it only needs like 16 or something? What happens with the open hit locations? Do I just leave them blank...and then if a blank spot is hit, I roll again? If I use the spreadsheet to expand a system to more than one location, it ends up duplicating the system. I can see how this would be useful, but what if I don't need 2 of the same system?
Each system is defined as 1/20 of the mass of a spaceship. It doesn't matter if you only need sixteen systems - a ship is always twenty, otherwise certain things (specifically engine performance and fuel use) won't work right.

So, always make ships in 20 systems. If you can fulfill all the requirements for a ship in less, just fill out the rest of the systems with something else - cargo bays work well, since they're free.

Quote:
2. When I buy a cannon or missile rack, it appears to come with a certain amount of ammo. What if I want more or less ammo? Can ammo be purchased separately?
Yep. You can stick 'em in a Cargo Bay, and they cost $100,000 per ton for cannon ammo or $1,000,000 per ton for missiles. You can see how much each bullet/missile weighs in the Consumables section of the PDF.
Langy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
design, game aids, gurpsland, program, sheet, spaceships, spreadsheet