Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-19-2021, 10:18 PM   #201
TGLS

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"He certainly has that power: there is nothing special about being a priest, and he has more of a reputation for visiting our dreams, though that is still very very rare. The top five priests once a decade would be considered normal"
"Hm. Would it be possible for someone or a group of someones to be block him from communicating, or from awakening?"

Now unless he gives a really juicy answer, I'll thank him for his time again and leave. If Thelo has questions or is otherwise disturbed about the questions I asked, here's an Acting roll to set him at ease.

Quote:
[94] 21-10-20 05:17:59 BST
Acting
3d6 <= 15
6 + 1 + 5 = 12 ... success
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 09:00 AM   #202
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Varsarious is able to schedule an appointment with the governor for tomorrow.

What will the shapeshifter do until the appointment?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"Hm. Would it be possible for someone or a group of someones to be block him from communicating, or from awakening?"
"Only a genius who understands those temples. I certainly couldn't, and as far as I know, the emperor never explained how the temples of eternal life really work. Messing with them could have an effect, but I don't know how you'd control the effect."

Quote:
Now unless he gives a really juicy answer, I'll thank him for his time again and leave. If Thelo has questions or is otherwise disturbed about the questions I asked, here's an Acting roll to set him at ease.
Thelo: "That... wasn't about treason. What are you tracking down?"

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 10:57 AM   #203
TGLS

Quote:
Thelo: "That... wasn't about treason. What are you tracking down?"
I decide to trust Thelo.

"Well, it is from a certain point of view."
"I have reason to believe that the current priesthood, or perhaps a subset of them are interfering with the Emperor's awakening. I think this has been going on for some time now, maybe the past fifty-sixty years. If this could be proven, or better yet the emperor could be awoken, we'd see half to three quarters of the relevant governors defect."
Old 10-21-2021, 06:48 AM   #204
the_matrix_walker

Vassarious will take a more subtle form to not be so striking as the angelic beauty, and interact with some people in public places and try and improve his feel for the people and culture.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 09:08 AM   #205
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
I decide to trust Thelo.

"Well, it is from a certain point of view."
"I have reason to believe that the current priesthood, or perhaps a subset of them are interfering with the Emperor's awakening. I think this has been going on for some time now, maybe the past fifty-sixty years. If this could be proven, or better yet the emperor could be awoken, we'd see half to three quarters of the relevant governors defect."
"That's... quite a task. Did you get anything useful from Hyrum here?"

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Vassarious will take a more subtle form to not be so striking as the angelic beauty, and interact with some people in public places and try and improve his feel for the people and culture.

The city is enormous, and full of displays of wealth. Advanced materials are used to face buildings. Fountains abound. The restaurants boast an overwhelming variety of food. The richer people dress in impeccably tailored clothing forming solid colors. The less wealthy wear brightly colored clothing with video patterns, pictures, and messages playing across it. Vassarious is able to have some conversations in a coffee shop with random strangers. The war doesn't seem to be on their minds too much.

I assume the shapeshifter will assume a convenient animal form and sleep in some safe location. If otherwise, let me know.

Consul Gylin Malchus (The Governor) meets with Varsarrious in a stately room made of marble. It seems to try to invoke the feel of the imperial tomb, but with avoiding just a couple of the symbols. A wide window overlooks an enormous garden, and a couple of security guards are present (think secret service... this man effectively rules an entire world)

Consul Malchus peers at Vassarious. Vassarious has acquired the identity of the wife of a powerful member of the aristocracy*, with a good deal of power herself. "I was lead to believe you had an urgent matter of business to discuss?"

*you can change this if you want... but it needs to be someone who the governor would meet with quickly.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 10-21-2021, 02:26 PM   #206
TGLS

Quote:
"That's... quite a task. Did you get anything useful from Hyrum here?"
"Not really. He confirmed some suspicions I had with regard to the reason for the purge, but unfortunately he doesn't seem to know anything about how this could have been done."
Old 10-22-2021, 07:26 AM   #207
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"Huh. Anyone else you think would know about this? let me know what I can do to help. If the priests have imprisoned the emperor... That would be a best case scenario for the rebellion."

Thelo drives Halcyone back to the Palace district in the capital.

General Rubrum flies most of the way to the front in a private plane.

The front is a maze of fortifications and armored vehicles. There is a slow but constant background of distant explosions. Drones patrol the skies, with the occasional missile forcing them to keep a certain distance.

Old 10-22-2021, 06:20 PM   #208
TGLS

Quote:
"Huh. Anyone else you think would know about this?"
"I'm not sure. There's temples all over the place. Maybe it is necessary to periodically visit each temple to stop him from communicating. Then there'd be drivers, porters, people seeing odd things in temples... Probably would need someone to handle operations on this side of the battlelines."

Quote:
"Let me know what I can do to help."
I'll neglect to mention the Caverns; that would be too coincidental.

Quote:
Thelo drives Halcyone back to the Palace district in the capital.

General Rubrum flies most of the way to the front in a private plane.
Is it like a military cargo plane or is it fancier?

Quote:
The front is a maze of fortifications and armored vehicles. There is a slow but constant background of distant explosions. Drones patrol the skies, with the occasional missile forcing them to keep a certain distance.
How long is Rubrum staying? How far am I from the Caves of Calythone? Where will we be staying?
Old 10-22-2021, 11:00 PM   #209
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Vassarious searches for the offices of the governor of Monstri, Moratus Ingelni.
Quote:
Consul Gylin Malchus (The Governor) meets with Varsarrious in a stately room made of marble. It seems to try to invoke the feel of the imperial tomb, but with avoiding just a couple of the symbols. A wide window overlooks an enormous garden, and a couple of security guards are present (think secret service... this man effectively rules an entire world)

Consul Malchus peers at Vassarious. Vassarious has acquired the identity of the wife of a powerful member of the aristocracy*, with a good deal of power herself. "I was lead to believe you had an urgent matter of business to discuss?"

*you can change this if you want... but it needs to be someone who the governor would meet with quickly.
I don't object to the identity, but this is not the governor I want to talk to... Did I misunderstand? I thought the governors were gathered here, I must have been merging the governors and the senate in my mind or something if I'm off on that...
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 08:05 AM   #210
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
"I'm not sure. There's temples all over the place. Maybe it is necessary to periodically visit each temple to stop him from communicating. Then there'd be drivers, porters, people seeing odd things in temples... Probably would need someone to handle operations on this side of the battlelines."

I'll neglect to mention the Caverns; that would be too coincidental.
"That's why you really left Verdaze, isn't it? you needed to search over here rather than over there."

Quote:
Is it like a military cargo plane or is it fancier?
Military Cargo Plane

Quote:

How long is Rubrum staying? How far am I from the Caves of Calythone? Where will we be staying?
Good Questions: Rubrum will be staying at a commandeered empty home nearby the front head quarters. The town HQ is in was cleared out by multiple waves of fighting before HQ was set up there. The General thinks 6 days should be sufficient to complete his survey. The caves are about 100 miles away, and The most prominent entrance is in the middle of no-man's land.

Quote:
I don't object to the identity, but this is not the governor I want to talk to... Did I misunderstand? I thought the governors were gathered here, I must have been merging the governors and the senate in my mind or something if I'm off on that...
You are indeed thinking of the senate... but this is the one place off of Monstri that the governor is likely to visit: I'm going to say that he is here, taking care of business in the capital and maintaining his precarious political position.

I don't think the greeting changes.