Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-20-2015, 11:49 AM   #471
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

Kumar: "We can keep you around. Just -- just keep a low profile. Don't mention you're not from homeline to anyone who we don't specify as in on this."

-----------------------------------------------

They didn't want to keep Peter on worlds that required documentation, so they sent him off to another world to help. Kumar came with him -- or rather, he followed Kumar. One of the requirements was a small pox vaccination-- which they said would put him in bed and quarentine for a few days.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 01:59 PM   #472
the_matrix_walker

"Okay, whatever we need to do... Can dogs get smallpox??"
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 01:58 PM   #473
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Kumar: Dogs? No, Dogs don't get small pox. Get what entertainment you need, you're going to be pretty bored and feeling pretty bad for the next few days..."

OCC: how does Peter spend his innoculation?

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 04-21-2015, 02:38 PM   #474
the_matrix_walker

He'll play handheld video games if they have them, and cuddle with Goliath if they let the beast in...
Old 04-29-2015, 07:47 AM   #475
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

He whiles away the time. They let goliath in (but not out). He's sick for only about half of the quarentine: the other part he's merely 'contagious'. It seems not everyone here is immune, and they mentioned something about the pregnant and the elderly. Peter can see that. Its not a simple injection. Its an actual illness.

After his illness, he accompanies a Kumar on a trip to another world, this time to the jungles of central america. When they arrive, they find the camp they were supposed to meet up with a small fraction of what it should have been.

The man who meets them and exchanges the workers (half of what should have been and a good portion of the camp) waves down the murmers among the group:

"Everyone is still alive, as far as we know. The plauge has hit. Tenochtitlán is already doomed. We're not administering vaccines, we're teaching innoculation to the outlying villiages as fast as we can. hopefully we can still save the bulk of this people. We're splitting up into minimalist teams to cover more ground."

his eyes fall on Goliath

"What's with the dog?"

Old 04-30-2015, 09:32 PM   #476
the_matrix_walker

"The dog's name is Goliath... He's with me. We've saved each other's lives so many times that I've lost count. So where do you want us?"
Old 05-02-2015, 10:22 AM   #477
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The man looks at the Peter, trying to figure out exactly what's going on. "We'll give you an assignment. The dog's alright with the higher ups?"

Kumar: "They're both approved. Its a useful animal."

"We'll be looking over everyone's dossiers and sending you out in teams. A few of you will be chosen to stay here, but we need the grand majority of you out helping get the word out. For now, don't unpack, and familarize yourself with these maps---"

Old 05-02-2015, 11:40 AM   #478
the_matrix_walker

Peter familiarizes himself with the maps... mumbling descriptions aloud and naming places to help him remember. He makes a game of it, like he's describing it to the big dog, who enjoys the seeming attention.

After going over the maps a few times, Peter inventories his gear and makes sure it is well packed. If there is time, he'll run Goliath through his gestures and commands to keep him sharp...

If hasn't got orders by then, he'll go over the maps again... Making up routes back to this base camp from various surrounding locations or landmarks. Taking note of the best probable places to cross rivers and whatnot.
Old 05-05-2015, 11:34 AM   #479
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

It takes a while for them to get him the assignment. The maps are modern, and will be solidly useful. The settlements are a little more vauge, and roads are not marked, but Peter is already guessing what the best routes to travel are.

Goliath enjoys his excercize, and its not just attention from Peter -- the other members of miracle workers enjoy watching the dog.

One by one, groups are assigned out. Peter and Kumar aren't chosen until towards the very end. They are assigned together with two women. Luisa Sanchez is an older hispanic woman, appearing to be in her late 40's, though she has kept herself in excellent shape. She can pass as a local if needed. Elana Kozlov is a young woman without too much experience. She is from St. Petersburg, and has only been with miracle workers for 5 months. She has started to learn the local tongue, but not well. They are given a large assignement: visting one of the larger cities in the jungle and trying to get the people there to innoculate themselves. Its unknown if the plauge has hit yet, but they have a LOT of people to work with. It can only be assumed they got this assignment because Kumar can pass as an invader (the invadars are of south and south-east asian descent) while Luisa can pass as a local. The have a jeep to make it to their destination.

Its a long drive. And a bumpy one. Neither Elena or Peter take the wheel -- they don't know how to drive a stick and don't have experience in this kind of off-roading. Their target is the city of Mitla, the capital of the Zapotecs. They drive in shifts, half of them trying to sleep at a time. As Kumar and Elana drift off, Lusia starts probing into Peter's status:

Luisa: "How Did you end up here? I mean, aren't you a little young to be on a trip like this? and bringing your dog?"

Old 05-05-2015, 11:58 AM   #480
the_matrix_walker

Peter tries to keep the specifics vague, so as to not get kumar and himself in trouble, revealing his panachronic nature.

"I've just always been eager to help those who need it... and Goliath is my partner! Dogs are great for watching your back, and he's actually really helpful with this sort of thing.. people seem to find him comforting, once they realize of friendly and obedient he is."

As they move along since their arrival, Peter tries to get a "Feel" for the place... trying to put a finger on the ephemeral difference between one world an another... He thinks that maybe if he can tell the difference, and remember what home feels like, he can use his ability to get there...

Tags
lost in dreams