Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-14-2014, 06:35 AM   #91
lachimba

Default Re: Captain America Falling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infornific View Post
I didn't know MH had a Sleuth template. How useful is Monster Hunters to a Supers campaign? Assuming you're not that into the monster hunter concept?
Very, so long as your supers campaign has combat and investigation.

Most of the templates have a fair few points spent on skills for investigating monsters. You would have to sub that out if you werent investigating say super powers and mutants instead.

You also get the new wild card skills rules, mix of powers etc.

Most of the new rules are around streamlining and making combat more cinematic.

You have chase rules, and an investigation system.

I tried to use the investigation rules in a non MH game, unless you put some work into it though it is very reliant on the skills and skill levels in the MH system.
lachimba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:39 AM   #92
Phantasm

I see Monster Hunters as useful for a street-level supers game, along the lines of Adam West!Batman, Green Arrow, Black Canary during her powerless phase, etc. These type games would be as much investigation as they would combat.

Constantine (comics version, not the movie version) would fit a MH campaign perfectly, IMO.

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 07:54 AM   #93
Randyman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbrock1031 View Post
I see Monster Hunters as useful for a street-level supers game, along the lines of Adam West!Batman, Green Arrow, Black Canary during her powerless phase, etc. These type games would be as much investigation as they would combat.

Constantine (comics version, not the movie version) would fit a MH campaign perfectly, IMO.
I'd add to that the current Arrow TV series especially; as well as Agents of SHIELD. Arguably, you could *almost* do Smallville, from what little I know of the show.

"(GURPS) isn't a game but a toolkit for building games, and the GM needs to use it intelligently" - Kromm
Randyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2014, 06:21 PM   #94
vitruvian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not another shrubbery View Post
Rogers, as square* a joe as you're ever likely to meet, probably wouldn't do that though.

In the older sense of "honest", though the more modern pejorative meaning applies as well.
And doesn't need to, since other feats like casual single handed throwing of full grown men argue for a ST of at least 30 anyway.
vitruvian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
captain america, falling damage, supers