Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 10-17-2009, 09:08 PM   #1
banditangel

Default Isn't Thor dead?

Revelations 2, The Marches, p. 96: "Thor was the only important Aes lost in the Crusade."

Yet I get the impression that he's mentioned in the Ethereal Player's Guide, and even in Heaven and Hell. Is this Errata'd? Was it "just a flesh wound"? Or is he really dead?
banditangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:12 PM   #2
Dalillama

Default Re: Isn't Thor dead?

Quote:
Originally Posted by banditangel View Post
Revelations 2, The Marches, p. 96: "Thor was the only important Aes lost in the Crusade."

Yet I get the impression that he's mentioned in the Ethereal Player's Guide, and even in Heaven and Hell. Is this Errata'd? Was it "just a flesh wound"? Or is he really dead?
Odin gets a writeup in the EPG, but not Thor. I don't have H&H, but AFAIK he's dead in Canon.
Dalillama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:22 PM   #3
Jason

Thor does appear as an NPC in the adventure at the end of Heaven & Hell, but if I remember correctly, he's basically an ethereal remnant, or at least seriously confused. Maybe that counts as being "lost."

You could probably come up with other explanations, too (e.g., the "original" Thor being replaced by more recent dreams of Thor), but it does sound like something worthy of errata.
Jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:45 PM   #4
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

There's some spoilers here for those who haven't played the Revelations cycle, so highlight the following if you HAVE to know:

Thor went down in the midst of the Purity Cursade, taking about six Malakim with him. He didn't die, but he did lose his memory and was separated from Mjolnir and his other symbols of power. As a result, he wandered NYC as a derelict, occasionally singing "If I Had a Hammer." In the "No Dinero" adventure in Heaven & Hell, the PCs have a chance to discover the truth and reunite him with his mythic hammer, restoring his identity and mind. In "The Final Trumpet," if the potential end of the world gets far enough for the mythic World-Serpent to arise, the PCs can hunt out Thor and get him to fight his destined battle. If that happens, the Serpent is ultimately put down, but Thor -- as prophesied by the Norse -- also dies in the fight.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2009, 09:55 PM   #5
banditangel

Ahhh, thank you very much Rocket Man :)

NYC. Of course it would be the city where my campaign is centered...
Old 10-18-2009, 03:55 AM   #6
tHEhERETIC

And in case you don't want to read RocketMan's spoilers, there's one quote that sticks in my mind. Forgive me for reciting from my holey memory--I'm tired tonight.

"...last seen fighting six Malakim."

Which leaves a whole lot of room for ficcing him alive, doesn't it?
Old 10-18-2009, 10:42 PM   #7
ISNorden

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post
And in case you don't want to read RocketMan's spoilers, there's one quote that sticks in my mind. Forgive me for reciting from my holey memory--I'm tired tonight.

"Last seen fighting" doesn't imply death or even defeat--only that Thor has gone missing. Even if he won the fight, though, chances are good that one of my favorite Ethereals got a heckuva beating first! :-)
Old 10-21-2009, 11:46 PM   #8
banditangel

Quote:
Originally Posted by tHEhERETIC View Post

Aye, but the preceeding "Thor was the only important Aes lost" makes it fairly clear what's being implied there - the spoiler answer fits both quotes, though. :)
Old 10-22-2009, 12:37 AM   #9
Captain-Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
There's some spoilers here for those who haven't played the Revelations cycle, so highlight the following if you HAVE to know:

Thor went down in the midst of the Purity Cursade, taking about six Malakim with him. He didn't die, but he did lose his memory and was separated from Mjolnir and his other symbols of power. As a result, he wandered NYC as a derelict, occasionally singing "If I Had a Hammer." In the "No Dinero" adventure in Heaven & Hell, the PCs have a chance to discover the truth and reunite him with his mythic hammer, restoring his identity and mind. In "The Final Trumpet," if the potential end of the world gets far enough for the mythic World-Serpent to arise, the PCs can hunt out Thor and get him to fight his destined battle. If that happens, the Serpent is ultimately put down, but Thor -- as prophesied by the Norse -- also dies in the fight.
Sounds to me like

They swiped the reappearnce of the Submariner in one of the early Fantastic Four books for this. ;)
...VVVVVVV
..^^^^^^^

A clock running two hours slow has the correct time zero times a day.
Captain-Captain is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ethereals, thor