Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 09-27-2011, 02:39 PM   #41
Ulthar88

Default Re: [IC] The great black hills gold rush

Pericles continues on to examine the boy.

Speaking to no one in particular, "Just so you know, we traveled with this family some days back. They had a pair of daughters with them at the time. Either they headed off to finishing school or we're looking at a kidnapping on top of everything else."
Ulthar88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2011, 04:10 PM   #42
zoncxs

Quote:
Originally Posted by chimchim View Post
Samuel aims his gun at the point he heard the noise. After delivering his warning he waits but nothing happens. The forrest is suddenly very still again. Samuel has been around too long to be fooled he can feel the eyes on him and he is sure he is aiming in the right area.
(OOC: with all that happened does my situation change?)
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 05:18 AM   #43
Skullcrusher

Quote:
Running Wolf seems oblivious to the presence of Pericles. He takes a couple of steps toward Samson.
"We were out hunting when we came across signs of a desecration of our burial grounds. The signs were recent. We decided we might catch the desecrators ourselves and traked them. We were getting close when we saw the flames. We came to look and found things as they are. It is my believe the same men who desecrated our dead killed these people"
Sampson raises an eyebrow and shakes his head saying in Sioux,"City folk don't know how dangerous it is out here. Pitty the youngin's had to find out the hard way." Saying to the Running Wolf,"How many were ya tracking before you came upon this site?"

Turning to the doctor and speaking in English,"Doc how these poor souls be dead?"

He examines the area to see if he can determine which direction they headed:

Tracking:Tracking roll (3d6=8)made it by 6.

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2011, 06:49 AM   #44
Ulthar88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skullcrusher View Post
Turning to the doctor and speaking in English,"Doc how these poor souls be dead?
"Woman's throat is cut. Man may have been shot -- I'd have to poke at 'im closer to be sure..."

[ooc: unless there is something less obvious here... and waiting for further info on the boy]

perhaps surgery (16) or Thanatology (13) (3d6=10)
Old 09-28-2011, 02:16 PM   #45
chimchim

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoncxs View Post
(OOC: with all that happened does my situation change?)
Samuel kept aiming at the point in the forrest he was sure contained possible hostiles. He never relented his vigilence and was proven correct when a Sioux brave showing open palms steped out of concealment.
Old 09-28-2011, 02:23 PM   #46
chimchim

Quote:
Sampson raises an eyebrow and shakes his head saying in Sioux,"City folk don't know how dangerous it is out here. Pitty the youngin's had to find out the hard way." Saying to the Running Wolf,"How many were ya tracking before you came upon this site?"

Turning to the doctor and speaking in English,"Doc how these poor souls be dead?"

He examines the area to see if he can determine which direction they headed:

Tracking:Tracking roll (3d6=8)made it by 6.
"We were tracking five ponies four heavy with riders" states Running Wolf. As she says this he makes a subtle hand gesture which Samson thinks may have been meant for someone behind him.

Your examination of the ground will take some time as there are a considerable number of tracks to be discounted before you can determine a course. Running Wolf will watch you do this for a while then join s in. It becomes obviuos that despite his youth he is easily Samsons equal or even superior at tracking.

After a few minutes Running Wolf points out some distinctive tracks. It is a horse with a damaged shoe. "This one i have tracked from the burial grounds"
This confirms your feeling that you had found the exit trail. they seem to be heading in the direction of Deadwood or Lead.
They are not far ahead either.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:58 PM   #47
zoncxs

Quote:
Samuel kept aiming at the point in the forrest he was sure contained possible hostiles. He never relented his vigilence and was proven correct when a Sioux brave showing open palms steped out of concealment.
"Well now, I am guessing you are friends with the one over there."

Samuel gestures at the burnt wagon. Holstering his gun. Without a word he begins to lead the horse and wagon he was in to the area where Samson is.

(OOC: if we are close enough to walk, otherwise I ride them to Samson)
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2011, 05:41 AM   #48
Skullcrusher

"They are head in that direction.." Pointing towards Deadwood,"I intend to find these murderers and stake them to a tree like that youngin' over yonder. I'll be taking my leave now. Hunt well Running Wolf." Sampson turns and remounts his horse. He starts heading towards his mule when he sees Samuel approach. "The young brave had nothing to do with this masacre...seems the scum who did this trespassed onto one of his tribes sacred burial grounds. They are fixin' for some payback." He cracks his knuckles," I reckon that I am intending to hunt these murderers down also. There heading in that direction" He points towards Deadwood. with tha the collects his mule and rides off in that direction.

Randal Kane - Trent Bauer
Skullcrusher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 03:45 PM   #49
chimchim

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoncxs View Post
"Well now, I am guessing you are friends with the one over there."

Samuel gestures at the burnt wagon. Holstering his gun. Without a word he begins to lead the horse and wagon he was in to the area where Samson is.

(OOC: if we are close enough to walk, otherwise I ride them to Samson)
Quote:
"They are head in that direction.." Pointing towards Deadwood,"I intend to find these murderers and stake them to a tree like that youngin' over yonder. I'll be taking my leave now. Hunt well Running Wolf." Sampson turns and remounts his horse. He starts heading towards his mule when he sees Samuel approach. "The young brave had nothing to do with this masacre...seems the scum who did this trespassed onto one of his tribes sacred burial grounds. They are fixin' for some payback." He cracks his knuckles," I reckon that I am intending to hunt these murderers down also. There heading in that direction" He points towards Deadwood. with tha the collects his mule and rides off in that direction.
Samel arrives at the burnt out wagon just as Sampson announces his attention to go after the suspected road agents. Running wolf makes a justure toward the trees close to where Samuel was. A few seconds later the young brave samual saw before appears leading a group of indian ponies.
"We will go hunt these men with you" he says to Sampson.

OOC:- i need to know who is going after the kilelrs and who is not.
Old 09-30-2011, 04:57 PM   #50
Ulthar88

Pericles looks up at Shotgun Sam, "Don't forget they may have a pair of hostages. We're headed for Shady Gulch, if that means anything to you."

He turns his attention back to the victims and takes a deep draw on his cigar.
"Well, they're not in such a shape I could learn much from a post-mortem. Besides... it probably wouldn't do for the new town doctor to show up with a cart-load of smelly corpses."

"Sebastien, might as well fetch your shovel."

(ooc: while burying them, Pericles will keep an eye out for further details and check for mortal wounds on the burnt man. I assume Sebastien can pick up any identifying equipment or jewelry to show a sheriff -- if there is such a thing where we're headed)