Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 02-13-2014, 12:12 AM   #851
johndallman
Night Watchman

Default Re: Memorable Quotes.

GM: I used to think looking for a spare world to blow up would be confined to Lensman campaigns.
Player: This campaign is now Worldpunk.
johndallman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 03:57 PM   #852
johndallman
Night Watchman

"I was going to buy off my Intolerance (Spanish), but having met Don Quixote, I'll delay that a week or two."
Old 02-28-2014, 11:46 PM   #853
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

From the ongoing Dr. Mist campaign:

Dr. Mist, our favorite gadgeteer, has gradually developed a chilly relationship with Kit, a SEAL commander in San Diego. Frustrated by this, friends arrange to abduct them and trap them in a hideout somewhere (making it look like one of Mist's enemies) so that they have to actually stay in the same room and talk it out.

Amazingly, it works. Even though both have been stripped to keep her inventive genius from working out an escape early, creating its own awkwardness. And as the mood thaws ...

MIST: "So, Kit...how are we going to continue this good will after all is said and done?"
KIT: "I suppose getting naked in some out-of-the-way cabin once a month is out of the question?"

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 02:24 PM   #854
Celti

GM: "All the orcs are now on fire and screaming, as is the table they were sitting around."
Half-Giant Barbarian: "I try and put them out with my axe!"
Celti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2014, 06:44 PM   #855
Luke Bunyip

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndallman View Post
"I was going to buy off my Intolerance (Spanish), but having met Don Quixote, I'll delay that a week or two."
That's absolutely golden. It implies so much. A good gaming session, perchance?
Old 03-07-2014, 02:18 AM   #856
johndallman
Night Watchman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Bunyip View Post
That's absolutely golden. It implies so much. A good gaming session, perchance?
Not too weird by the standards of the Infinite Cabal. One tends to meet eidolons and similar things on the Astral Plane. I use The Encyclopaedia of Fantasy as my wandering monster table.
Old 03-09-2014, 10:27 PM   #857
McNutcase

We're in a Mage game, Traditions-side. One of the party members has just finished making an AI that taps into traffic cameras, because we want to know what the Technocracy is up to.

"Yes, I did just give it a command in MySQL."
"Well, apparently if you have a trinary computer, you can write an AI in SQL."
"It's just a case of letting SQL return 'Well, maybe it's there.' Which apparently it can do on a trinary computer."
"Trust me, SQL can already return 'Well, maybe it's there.'"

The storm of hilarity continued for a full five minutes... par for the course when the game is entirely techies meeting on VOIP.

All names in this excerpt are character names. Charles has a 5-point Enemy disadvantage, which essentially means that every vampire in Las Vegas is determined to snuff him, and a 5-point Sanctum advantage which means that so long as he doesn't leave his house, they can't find him. If he steps outside, though...
GM: "Uh, right now you only really have two characters that can fight, Marc and Jason."
P1: "Charles can fight!"
GM: "He's more of a tank."
P2: "And way too good at pulling aggro..."
P1: "Leroy!"
McNutcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2014, 03:59 PM   #858
johndallman
Night Watchman

GM: So, are you going to steal the Crown Jewels?
PC: Eh, I can't be bothered.
Old 04-08-2014, 11:29 PM   #859
William

This quote is mine, and it's long, so perhaps it's a little self-indulgent. And supposedly one of the principles of writing is to kill your favorites. But enh. I really like it.

It was a brief play-by-email interlude in an online game. The character is a fairly normal D&D wizard. Having made suitable preparations for surviving the trip, he's casting plane shift to take everyone to the Quasielemental Plane of Lightning, aiming for the Tower of Storms.

Quote:
"Heruka holds the wheel, the axe, the sword; the bell, the plowshare, the skull bowl. His eyebrows flash like lightning, his fangs gleam like new copper. He hisses, 'Shu, shu.' Krodhishvari embraces him, and feeds him blood; she roars like thunder. Do not fear them!"

Blazing light swirls up and down the curled cedar-wood of the Was-Staff of the Upholder, making it look like like the lightning bolt it represents. The light extends until it seems to stretch up into the infinite sky, holding it away from the ground. The world shakes and quivers. All things lose their form and turn to energy, leaping up in joy and wrath.

Electricity and magnetism dance in helices, entangling the dimensions. The world folds and unfolds.

This is the sound of the ultimate reality: a thousand thunders, shouting

OM MANI PADME HUM

It is a world of extremes in black and white. You hover within roiling black thunderheads amid endless flashing bolts of actinic fury. The thunder roars, a cascade of static sound beating on your skins and ears. Electricity dances between the clouds in forms as familiar as a forked bolt, and as unfamiliar as a lazy orb or a flickering runic square. You can see for miles between the clouds, but all you see today is more clouds and more lightning. The Tower is not immediately nearby...
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2014, 06:46 PM   #860
Dwarf99

Is our default stance hitchhiking, or murder?
Dwarf99 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
actual play, funny