Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 01-26-2023, 07:15 AM   #1
stranger38

Default Naruto Gurps style: character build no jutsu!

Good day y'all

let's go again.

we will be playing a naruto game this weekend, but my character can't spit fireballs, fart lightning or **** bricks.
my character just uses weapons and tools.

my idea is around explosives. more precisely to glue them to people for maximum effect.

but how do i build that? binding amd affect others?
stranger38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 08:04 AM   #2
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Naruto Gurps style: character build no jutsu!

I think the Sticky modifier on binding will be sufficient. Anything that touches the original target (the stick of dynamite or whatever) will be effected by the binding.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 09:19 AM   #3
mlangsdorf

See also this thread http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=184456 that discussed a similar concept.
Old 01-26-2023, 10:42 AM   #4
zoncxs

This can be built using innate attack with the Delay Mod (Basic Set page 105):

So for example:

Grenade:
You have a pouch that holds 10 grenades that you can throw. Each grenade has a 2 seconds delay once thrown at a target before exploding causing 3d6 of crushing damage. It may cause fires. The range of these grenades are 20 yards due to the mass of them. Other variations exist.
Quote:
Crushing Attack 3d (Explosion 1, +50%; Incendiary, +10%; Delay, Fixed Delay, 2 seconds, +0%; Increased Range, 1/2D, 10x, +15%; Limited Use, Fast Reload, 10, -5%; Reduced Range, 5x, -20%; Takes Extra Time 1, -10%) [21]
zoncxs is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 07:53 PM   #5
Plane

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I think the Sticky modifier on binding will be sufficient. Anything that touches the original target (the stick of dynamite or whatever) will be effected by the binding.
If I'm reading the way Binding and Sticky works correctly it's more like:
player "I web the dynamite"

GM "dynamite is covered in webbing, it can't move, if it was a dynamite with legs"

player "I throw the Lion at the dynamite"

GM "the Lion is suddenly also covered in webbing"
It doesn't appear this would actually affix the Lion to the Dynamite though - the Lion's ally Tiger could come along and drag the Lion to safety without being affected.

Tiger would get webbed too if he tried to drag the dynamite away, but he can drag Lion away because he isn't the "original target".
Old 01-27-2023, 08:26 PM   #6
Fred Brackin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zoncxs View Post
This can be built using innate attack with the Delay Mod (Basic Set page 105):

So for example:

Grenade:
You have a pouch that holds 10 grenades that you can throw. Each grenade has a 2 seconds delay once thrown at a target before exploding causing 3d6 of crushing damage. It may cause fires. The range of these grenades are 20 yards due to the mass of them. Other variations exist.
I believe this build to be basically the correct one (although Melee range) might figure into it too). "Binding" and "sticky" are steps in a wrong direction (as Plane notes in a subsequent post).

In terms of Naruto, explosives are usually "paper bombs". These are examples of Eastern-style calligraphy with glue on the opposite side apparently. You stick them on your target like a magical post it note from hell and leap away as they explode a second or two later.

The usual way to use them at range is to fasten them to a kunai throwing knife with a bit of string or just to wrap them around the handle.