Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-25-2023, 09:02 AM   #1011
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"I can stay awake indefinately... I can stay on partol of the ship to sense any approaching demons, or stand guard outside of the barrier..."

Silestro: "Good! If you would focus your senses, that's probably the way you are best able to contribute to our defenses. Halcyone and I can Guard the Emperor in the barrier."

I think at this point the PC's should describe their routines while on the ship...

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 10:06 AM   #1012
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Silestro: "Good! If you would focus your senses, that's probably the way you are best able to contribute to our defenses. Halcyone and I can Guard the Emperor in the barrier."
"Well looks like I got the plum job here!"

Quote:
I think at this point the PC's should describe their routines while on the ship...
Schedule set to midnight arbitrarily. I assumed that Silestro went off shift around 06:00, and back on around 14:00
00:00 - Wake Up
00:05 - Bathe
00:15 - Get dressed and armed
00:20 - Arrive behind the barrier
00:30 - Review surveillance from swarms from overnight, Breakfast
01:30 - Handle issues with the microbot swarms that can't be handled remotely
02:00 - Back behind barrier, guard, monitor swarms, make chit-chat
05:30 - Lunch
11:30 - Dinner
15:30 - Handle issues with microbot swarms that can't be handled remotely
16:00 - Sleep
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2023, 08:40 AM   #1013
the_matrix_walker

Vassarious will simply spend their time patrolling the ship. They will take their meals at varying times to keep their movements and routine unpredictable.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 10:12 AM   #1014
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Four days pass without event, and without word from the outside world. Deep in the ocean, there is solitude, and apparently, safety.

at 9:58 of day five, a question comes over the comm system. "we've got a weird fish on the cameras. This isn't a demon is it? we're sending a picture of it over"

Both V and Halcyone are on this comm. V is in compartment 5, Halcyone in compartment 2 with the emperor.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 01-27-2023, 03:48 PM   #1015
TGLS

Quote:
at 9:58 of day five, a question comes over the comm system. "we've got a weird fish on the cameras. This isn't a demon is it? we're sending a picture of it over"
"Probably not a demon but possibly working with the demons. What are our options for dealing with it?"

Quote:
Both V and Halcyone are on this comm. V is in compartment 5, Halcyone in compartment 2 with the emperor.
Old 01-30-2023, 07:48 AM   #1016
the_matrix_walker

Vassarious heads for the bridge to have a look at what they arte seeing on sensors, and reaches out with their supernatural senses to try and learn more.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 09:22 AM   #1017
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

V concentrates extra hard... And after 10 seconds or so, picks up the demon. Its a Telruthian of some sort, but not a shapeshifter, its maybe 100 yards away from the sub, off the to the right, a bit forward, and below. Its pretty big... though not leviathan sized. Maybe a couple tons.

"Our options? Running away, Torpedoes, and whatever you and your illustrious companions bring to the table."

The picture looks like a shark with extra long pectoral pins, trailing like a gold-fishes's fins. Its not a very good image... they called it a camera, but it looks more like a radar image.

Old 01-31-2023, 05:11 AM   #1018
TGLS

"Hm. None of the weapons I have shoot very far underwater. Maybe we could act like we don't see it and get closer, and then we pop-out by surprise? Or maybe a torpedo could work? I imagine it will dodge or the explosion will draw attention..."

Noticed High-Tech has Underwater Darts as an Ammo option... That would have been helpful.
Old 01-31-2023, 08:42 AM   #1019
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Captain Akimori*: "It is a demon then. Does it pose an immediate threat by itself. It can report our position, but can it puncture our vessel?"

General Kunitane**: "We have proper underwater weapons, should you need them."

(These Japanese have underwater cities. Of course the emperor's guard have underwater guns. Thanks for pointing that out those options)

*The Naval Captain of the Vessel.
** Captain of the emperor's guard.

Old 01-31-2023, 09:44 AM   #1020
TGLS

Quote:
Captain Akimori*: "It is a demon then. Does it pose an immediate threat by itself. It can report our position, but can it puncture our vessel?"
"I don't know if it can or not. But I'm willing to bet that it will be able to keep up if we attempt to flee. Then it's open the portals and flood us with demons, regardless of when Silestro blocks portals and how far we flee."

Quote:
General Kunitane**: "We have proper underwater weapons, should you need them."
"I'll take three"

Quote:
*The Naval Captain of the Vessel.
** Captain of the emperor's guard.
Well thankfully it's not Naval General of the vessel or it would be really confusing.