Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 11-28-2022, 04:38 PM   #941
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

"A shapeshifter, how interesting. I have talents in that area as well... Perhaps I can help sniff them out."

Vassarious adjusts their form and dispenses with the ocean adaptations in preference of the 'Detect Supernatural Creatures' ability he learned on the Monster Hunters world and sets about seeking out the fellow shapeshifter.
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 11:22 AM   #942
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I switch from air tank to ship air.
"My wet suit is my armor. I suppose you would prefer if I towelled off."
"We can get towels, or anything else you need to dry off." He barks a quick order to get towels and "over-sashes".

Quote:
Silestro, that's a new name. "I take it Silestro is somebody Corco sent earlier."
"Yes, Silestro has been helping us. He's been invaluable. Have you not met?"

Quote:
"Do you know how he can tell there's a shapeshifter?"
"Silestro says its the way the demons operate, trying to get someone close to the emperor. We've also found a couple of causalities killed with claws. We suspect someone in the engine room."

Quote:
"I need space to setup my monitoring equipment. Where's a good place for that?"
We've assigned you the empress's quarters. It should have ample space for your equipment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"A shapeshifter, how interesting. I have talents in that area as well... Perhaps I can help sniff them out."

Vassarious adjusts their form and dispenses with the ocean adaptations in preference of the 'Detect Supernatural Creatures' ability he learned on the Monster Hunters world and sets about seeking out the fellow shapeshifter.
So from this post? "Evil supernatural creature" can be a little harder to work with outside of the monster hunters context... but Teruthian demons are a pretty easy "yes".

Vassarious detects the demon somewhere towards the rear of the ship.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 01:30 PM   #943
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Vassarious detects the demon somewhere towards the rear of the ship.
((OOC: That's the one!))
In a whisper, Vassarious says to their companion...

"Halcyone, do you need to set up, or can you have a bug trail me? I have a bead on our intruder."
Old 11-30-2022, 04:40 PM   #944
TGLS

Quote:
"We can get towels, or anything else you need to dry off." He barks a quick order to get towels and "over-sashes".
Sashes? Well I suppose that's one way to indicate we're part of the command structure.

Quote:
"Yes, Silestro has been helping us. He's been invaluable. Have you not met?"
"Corco has more invaluable relatives than I have arms. So it's not exactly surprising."

Quote:
"Silestro says its the way the demons operate, trying to get someone close to the emperor. We've also found a couple of causalities killed with claws. We suspect someone in the engine room."
"I suppose there's some progression towards people more likely to have contact with the Emperor."

Quote:
We've assigned you the empress's quarters. It should have ample space for your equipment.
Normally Halcyone would have a bit more tact, but...
"And the empress is in other quarters or...?"

Quote:
"Halcyone, do you need to set up, or can you have a bug trail me? I have a bead on our intruder."
Wow, V whispers really loud. I don't think Halcyone can, but let's try:

I'll try turning a devourer and surveillance swarm on before I start setting up the hives.
Quote:
[532] 22-11-30 23:10:35 GMT
Computer Operation?
3d6 <= 16 : 2 + 4 + 2 = 8 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2022, 12:22 PM   #945
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
"Corco has more invaluable relatives than I have arms. So it's not exactly surprising."
Quote:
"I suppose there's some progression towards people more likely to have contact with the Emperor."
"Perhaps. That must be the goal, but the murders haven't followed that progression."

Quote:
"And the empress is in other quarters or...?"
"The empress was not with the emperor when the emergency struck. I am not aware of her location. You have free range of her quarters."

Quote:

Quote:
I'll try turning a devourer and surveillance swarm on before I start setting up the hives.
Halcyone fiddles with the bugs, and after maybe a minute has them following around V and sending video and audio. The metal cage you are in has the potential to mess around with communication, as each sealed compartment is its own faraday cage. The swarms should follow V, record, and send it when they can.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 12-01-2022, 05:20 PM   #946
TGLS

Quote:
"Perhaps. That must be the goal, but the murders haven't followed that progression."
"Well, maybe the bodies are being found in a different order than when they were actually killed."

Quote:
"The empress was not with the emperor when the emergency struck. I am not aware of her location. You have free range of her quarters."
"Well hopefully wherever it is, it's safe."

Quote:
Halcyone fiddles with the bugs, and after maybe a minute has them following around V and sending video and audio. The metal cage you are in has the potential to mess around with communication, as each sealed compartment is its own faraday cage. The swarms should follow V, record, and send it when they can.
Right. Let's go setup one of the hives in the Empress's quarters. If the compartments are sealed, we'll probably have problems keeping the swarms powered if there's only one valid charging spot. Maybe I could find a second location for the hives to help even the coverage? Would having swarms in lots of compartments help any with the wireless transmission problems?
Old 12-05-2022, 08:06 AM   #947
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
"Well, maybe the bodies are being found in a different order than when they were actually killed."
"We've had two deaths. One was a soldier, for general security, not specifically of his majesty. The other was an engineer."

Quote:
"Well hopefully wherever it is, it's safe."
He grimaces. "Is anywhere safe anymore?"

Quote:
Right. Let's go setup one of the hives in the Empress's quarters. If the compartments are sealed, we'll probably have problems keeping the swarms powered if there's only one valid charging spot. Maybe I could find a second location for the hives to help even the coverage? Would having swarms in lots of compartments help any with the wireless transmission problems?
Spreading out the swarms would help... you'd need to devote ten swarms to communication. The other end of the submarine is more mechanical... you could stick a hive in a reactor or storage area.

Halcyone is led to the empress's quarters. They are small for a submarine, but richly adorned, and still an extravagant use of space, composed of a full suite with a small reception area, bedroom, bathroom, and closet. There are two doors out, one via a fancy entrance, and the other you are informed is a "servants entrance".

Vassarious moves towards the rear of the submarine. Some of the staff ask where V wants to go and what they need.

Both of them are given towels to dry off. They are also given red sashes, with stylized golden Caligraphy and the emperor's symbol adorning them, as well as a weird blue wave icon.

Last edited by ericthered; 12-05-2022 at 08:25 AM.
Old 12-05-2022, 12:54 PM   #948
TGLS

Quote:
"We've had two deaths. One was a soldier, for general security, not specifically of his majesty. The other was an engineer."
"Maybe they saw something they shouldn't have. "
Quote:
He grimaces. "Is anywhere safe anymore?"
"Well, the demons are targeting here to get the emperor. Maybe they're focusing in on getting the remaining monarchs, so things are better elsewhere?"
Quote:
Spreading out the swarms would help... you'd need to devote ten swarms to communication. The other end of the submarine is more mechanical... you could stick a hive in a reactor or storage area.
Right. That will leave 14 surveillance swarms available to monitor various areas.
Quote:
Halcyone is led to the empress's quarters. They are small for a submarine, but richly adorned, and still an extravagant use of space, composed of a full suite with a small reception area, bedroom, bathroom, and closet. There are two doors out, one via a fancy entrance, and the other you are informed is a "servants entrance"..
I look for sockets to plug my battery chargers into, and I try to find an out of the way place to stick one microbot hive. The shapeshifter might try to get in to smash it.

Quote:
[533] 22-12-05 19:53:40 GMT - TGLS
Smuggling
3d6 <= 15
1 + 3 + 3 = 7 ... success

Last edited by TGLS; 12-06-2022 at 10:26 AM.
Old 12-06-2022, 06:53 AM   #949
the_matrix_walker

Vassarious gets a bit closer to the demon trying to get an idea of how far away it is. He speaks to Halcyone on the comms...

"Almost set up? Perhaps you'd like to join me for the confrontation?"
Old 12-06-2022, 10:26 AM   #950
TGLS

Quote:

"Almost set up? Perhaps you'd like to join me for the confrontation?"
"I got one of the hives set up here. I'd like to setup a hive near where you are so I'll be heading over now, deploying swarms along the way. I'll probably keep most of the devourers with me for now."

I'll turn on the devourers when I meet up with V and the surveillance swarms along the way.