Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2020, 08:19 PM   #291
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Botha is still high, and a little loopy. Some of your section mates are looking at her funny. It probably won't wear off all the way by the time you need to meet up with Daymar.

I believe the meeting comes next.
Would I be wrong in assuming that dragging Botha off to the window room to look at the pretty lights would be really funny but also lead questions like "Where's your buddy?" and "What's wrong with you?"

Would it be a bad idea to just ask someone to cover for me while I went to visit the fifth floor for the meeting? I figure I could say Botha's clearly tired and needs some rest, putting her out of the picture for a while, and come up with a plausible reason why I want to go to floor 5 privately.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 07:37 AM   #292
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Would I be wrong in assuming that dragging Botha off to the window room to look at the pretty lights would be really funny but also lead questions like "Where's your buddy?" and "What's wrong with you?"
That would be a distinct risk.

Quote:
Would it be a bad idea to just ask someone to cover for me while I went to visit the fifth floor for the meeting? I figure I could say Botha's clearly tired and needs some rest, putting her out of the picture for a while, and come up with a plausible reason why I want to go to floor 5 privately.
The only person who would object is Botha, and she's in no condition to do so.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 01:27 PM   #293
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

I ask Botha if she's feeling alright, and then drag her off to bed if she's cooperative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua rolls out the pills quickly (25 minutes), and leaves the kitchen about 25 minutes in, wondering how much time she really had. At about 17 minutes after she leaves, a cook gets up and checks on the kitchen.

EDIT: High DX changed the effect of the roll, and the post has been changed to match
Did I swap them with the real pills? Would have done so unless they were locked up. If I haven't swapped them yet I'll stash them away when I drag Botha off to bed.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2020, 05:34 AM   #294
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Did I swap them with the real pills? Would have done so unless they were locked up. If I haven't swapped them yet I'll stash them away when I drag Botha off to bed.
The pills are locked up. Its a good lock: -4 with the improvised tools you are currently using.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 12:14 AM   #295
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The pills are locked up. Its a good lock: -4 with the improvised tools you are currently using.
Well, let's give it a shot.
Quote:
[181] 20-11-14 08:12:05 CET
Lockpicking - 4
3d6 <= 10 : 1 + 5 + 3 = 9 ... success
Great! I'll take the real pills for disposal and stash the fake pills away.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 06:10 AM   #296
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well, let's give it a shot.

Great! I'll take the real pills for disposal and stash the fake pills away.
Hua gets in the kitchen and takes only a minute to get the lock open. She gets the fake pills in and takes the real ones out.

Now she's holding a bunch of psi suppressant pills and improvised lock-picking tools, and needs to get to the meeting in just a few minutes.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 11:54 AM   #297
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua gets in the kitchen and takes only a minute to get the lock open. She gets the fake pills in and takes the real ones out.

Now she's holding a bunch of psi suppressant pills and improvised lock-picking tools, and needs to get to the meeting in just a few minutes.
Well:
-> Stick it all in a bag, hold it out, then cart Botha off to bed
-> Persuade someone to cover for me, then get down to Floor 5
-> Take a suppressant pill and the tools out, then stash the bag somewhere.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 02:57 PM   #298
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Since the meeting is taking place, I believe, when Daymar is off-shift, he plans to get Pothi out to somewhere social where there will be plenty of distractions, and then tell him, "Just got to hit the head, I'll be back in a few minutes." He will then proceed to the meeting with Hua.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2020, 09:35 AM   #299
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well:
-> Stick it all in a bag, hold it out, then cart Botha off to bed
-> Persuade someone to cover for me, then get down to Floor 5
-> Take a suppressant pill and the tools out, then stash the bag somewhere.
Quote:
GM rolling for Hua: Holdout (17 - 2) (carry the pills and tools) SF (Military) 14 (get someone to cover for him) Camouflage (8-2) (hide the stuff)
3d6
1: 2 + 5 + 1 = 8
2: 6 + 2 + 4 = 12
3: 1 + 5 + 2 = 8

Hua gets the contraband out of the kitchen, picks the sloppiest "buddy" in the room, and then heads three decks down and to the end of the ship to meet with Daymar. She's isn't free of the suppressants, but she's almost there.



There are still some flour meals being served, maybe once a day.. not all of the flour was destroyed



Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Since the meeting is taking place, I believe, when Daymar is off-shift, he plans to get Pothi out to somewhere social where there will be plenty of distractions, and then tell him, "Just got to hit the head, I'll be back in a few minutes." He will then proceed to the meeting with Hua.

The two dreadstormers meet on deck five to discuss their progress.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 04:53 AM   #300
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Day makes his way briskly through the ship, showing up at the designated meeting point. Nodding to Hua when she arrives, he asks, "How are things coming?"
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:49 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.