Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-12-2020, 12:52 PM   #191
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Chuvi Teezor is very fond of sports, especially Puvivo (which is something between field hockey and soccer), though she isn't picky.
Well, let's see if she's interested in Skiing, probably trying to strike up conversation during off hours (at least to avoid the wrath of Botha)

Quote:
[113] 20-10-12 20:52:17 CEST
Skiing, floating to IQ
3d6 <= 12 : 4 + 1 + 6 = 11 ... success
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 04:47 AM   #192
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The officers post a list of "debriefings" where each spacer will be interrogated about their whereabouts at the time of the fire and generally checked for suspicious behavior. Daymar will be debriefed sunday afternoon (tomorrow),a and Hua monday morning (two days from now)

The rest of saturday work shift is spent working hard. Daymar and Pothi work hard on the damaged plasma emmiter, cleaning it out, analyzing if parts need to be replaced or just cleaned in chemical baths, and acting accordingly. (its been properly sealed earlier)
Day is feeling confident that he will pass the debriefing without incident - he was nowhere suspicious at the time of the fire, pitched in to help combat it, and has covered his tracks otherwise. He applies himself to his work with Pothi, while thinking about next steps to take over the vessel.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).

Last edited by GnomesofZurich; 10-13-2020 at 04:51 AM.
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 09:53 AM   #193
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Daymar is brought into the room: the commanding officer of the drives section is there, along with the junior officer who isn't in charge of his shift and two security personnel. All four are armed with laser weaponry: the officers with pistols, the security with long-arms. His shift manager (who he almost never sees, because he stays near the star-drive-core) is there as well.



The interview starts with where Daymar was during the fire, and the events leading up to it. A good portion of it involves checking the whereabouts of the people he was with. The commanding officer gives him a minor reprimand for gathering outside of the living quarters, but says he'll let it slide because there are more important things to talk about*.


Then Daymar is asked a few questions about where is he from and how he came to serve on this ship: they're double checking his background. They probably are doing that to everyone. Of course, they can't check many details in the void of hyperspace, just try to trip him up. They ask him about the food back home, and a few other background verification questions.



Then the CO (Commanding Officer) says "It come to our attention that there have been some irregularities in your eating habits. Could you explain them?"


If Daymar would please roll savior-faire, and either Fast-talk or Will.



*this is probably a formality: its customary to treat some areas as "acceptable" to gather in, and deck 19 is one of them.


-----------------------------------------------------
Quote:
Reaction roll for Chuvi
3d6
3 + 1 + 2 = 6

Chuvi isn't that much into skiing, and initially brushes Hua away.


Hua is persistent though, and delves into physical training, and the weird relationship that the navy has with sports: they like to encourage it, but there is often not much ability to do it.


(I applied the rule that influence skills can improve a reaction roll, using the previous SF roll)
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 10:32 AM   #194
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Daymar is brought into the room: the commanding officer of the drives section is there, along with the junior officer who isn't in charge of his shift and two security personnel. All four are armed with laser weaponry: the officers with pistols, the security with long-arms. His shift manager (who he almost never sees, because he stays near the star-drive-core) is there as well.

The interview starts with where Daymar was during the fire, and the events leading up to it. A good portion of it involves checking the whereabouts of the people he was with. The commanding officer gives him a minor reprimand for gathering outside of the living quarters, but says he'll let it slide because there are more important things to talk about*.

Then Daymar is asked a few questions about where is he from and how he came to serve on this ship: they're double checking his background. They probably are doing that to everyone. Of course, they can't check many details in the void of hyperspace, just try to trip him up. They ask him about the food back home, and a few other background verification questions.

Then the CO (Commanding Officer) says "It come to our attention that there have been some irregularities in your eating habits. Could you explain them?"

If Daymar would please roll savior-faire, and either Fast-talk or Will.

*this is probably a formality: its customary to treat some areas as "acceptable" to gather in, and deck 19 is one of them.
[115] 20-10-13 18:24:38 CEST

Savoir-Faire

3d6 <= 15
2 + 4 + 3 = 9 ... success

[116] 20-10-13 18:24:52 CEST

Will

3d6 <= 15
6 + 5 + 3 = 14 ... success

Day does his best to stay calm, and recites his back story of his career in merchant ships before enlisting. Regarding his eating habits, "I'm not sure what 'irregularities' you mean; I've been eating the slop along with everyone else, sir."
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).

Last edited by GnomesofZurich; 10-13-2020 at 02:31 PM. Reason: as per ericthered's post #195
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2020, 10:35 AM   #195
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
[115] 20-10-13 18:24:38 CEST

Savoir-Faire

3d6 <= 15
2 + 4 + 3 = 9 ... success

Daymar notices the phrasing of the question: its out of the manual the navy uses to find dreadstormers. Everyone is being asked that question. You may adjust your response.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 10:47 AM   #196
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Daymar's debriefing continues, and he thinks he has a clean slate when he leaves.


Hua, you're on friendly terms with Chuvi Teezor, what's your next step?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2020, 02:42 PM   #197
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua, you're on friendly terms with Chuvi Teezor, what's your next step?
OK. I figure I steal and hide her pills (I'd flush them but an empty bottle is probably more suspicious than a lost one), then it should be a small matter of asking her about her day (or perhaps shadowing her) to find out where the filler is hidden. So do I know where she keeps her medicine or do I need to find out first?
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 10:24 AM   #198
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
OK. I figure I steal and hide her pills (I'd flush them but an empty bottle is probably more suspicious than a lost one), then it should be a small matter of asking her about her day (or perhaps shadowing her) to find out where the filler is hidden. So do I know where she keeps her medicine or do I need to find out first?

Her medicine is kept in her locker ( in living quarters areas nearby the bunk rooms). She takes it out twice a day, at morning and in the evening, to get the pills she needs. The locks on the lockers are not particularly high quality, though they are made rugged so that spacers won't break them.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 02:50 PM   #199
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Daymar's debriefing continues, and he thinks he has a clean slate when he leaves.
Day is feeling the pressure to start establishing himself for takeover of the ship. How difficult would it be to obtain a knife? I assume they aren't as heavily monitored as firearms.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 03:37 PM   #200
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The locks on the lockers are not particularly high quality, though they are made rugged so that spacers won't break them.
Will I need a tool to pick the lock, or would a paperclip or something work?
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:51 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.