Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 05-17-2009, 02:05 PM   #101
JCD

Default Re: Lilith and her favors

I think the mechanics are slightly more complicated. The Prince 'encourages' the soul to spend it where and when he wishes. (Canon has ONLY Lilith as being able to swap geases, at least among the Lilim. I'd rule that nothing less then a Prince or Word Bound would be able to do the same)
JCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 02:49 PM   #102
ladyarcana55

A weird scenario just popped up in my mind and I am curious now...

If a Lilim manages to attain a Word, either a minor Word (that is, a Word under a Prince) or a major Word (that is, she becomes a Princess), what happens to the favors she owes? Does her new status affect those geases?
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 03:57 PM   #103
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
A weird scenario just popped up in my mind and I am curious now...

If a Lilim manages to attain a Word, either a minor Word (that is, a Word under a Prince) or a major Word (that is, she becomes a Princess), what happens to the favors she owes? Does her new status affect those geases?
It's technically possible for Lilith herself to owe a favor (IIRC), so I would imagine that a Word-bound or Prince/Princess still has to pay up on any outstanding debts.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 04:40 PM   #104
ladyarcana55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man View Post
It's technically possible for Lilith herself to owe a favor (IIRC), so I would imagine that a Word-bound or Prince/Princess still has to pay up on any outstanding debts.
So, any favors she owes to anyone else still stands or do favors to certain people stand? I can see favors to other Princes still standing but I am wondering about favors to anyone of lower rank.

And are the levels of favors affected? In other words, would a geas/3 still be a geas/3, or would it be lowered due to her new status, abilities and resources?

Does this make sense?
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 05:21 PM   #105
Rocket Man

Quote:
So, any favors she owes to anyone else still stands or do favors to certain people stand? I can see favors to other Princes still standing but I am wondering about favors to anyone of lower rank.
Good question, and I don't know that it's ever been answered in canon. It does appear to be possible for a lower-level celestial to hold a Geas on a Superior, at least, based on a quip in Fall of the Malakim. (In it, it notes that a Lilim could in theory trade a Geas to Lilith but that it's not usually worth the trouble for her, after which the writer adds "Now, if you had a hold on a Superior ...")
Quote:
And are the levels of favors affected? In other words, would a geas/3 still be a geas/3, or would it be lowered due to her new status, abilities and resources?
From what I can see, the power level of the subject has relatively little to do with a Geas. Most of the qualifiers in the list have to do with things like "risks dissonance," "would cause Discord," "is contrary to character" and so on. Those sorts of things would remain the same whether a demon has 9 Forces or 18. So I think a Geas/3 remains a Geas/3 ... the main difference is that some requests may now be easier for the subject to fulfill than before, due to increased power.

Archangel Beth, if you're listening, you're more than welcome to correct me with your encyclopedic knowledge of all things Lillian. :)

Old 05-23-2009, 08:19 PM   #106
robkelk
Untitled

Alas...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth's Profile
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor
Last Activity: 12-15-2008 04:00 PM
I suspect we're on our own.

(And I hope nothing horrid has happened...)
Deming (New Mexico) Headlight, 6 January 1950
No longer reading these forums regularly.
robkelk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2009, 08:59 PM   #107
Rocket Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by robkelk View Post
Alas...

I suspect we're on our own.

(And I hope nothing horrid has happened...)
Nothing more horrid than a very busy family life, judging by her online journal. If you haven't ever stopped by there, here's the link: http://archangelbeth.livejournal.com/

Tags
lilim