Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-03-2021, 12:10 PM   #501
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

So Hua is going to disable five of six armories. The rest of the group is looking for ways to buildup and keep mind control subjects.

Did you ever decide if you were going to sabotage the ship drives or not?

When are you going to be meeting again?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 02:25 PM   #502
TGLS

How about we aim for 2 days from this meeting?
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2021, 03:24 PM   #503
GnomesofZurich

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Did you ever decide if you were going to sabotage the ship drives or not?
Daymar is supportive of doing so, but I'm not sure that Hua and Pacifica were on board.
Old 03-03-2021, 03:52 PM   #504
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar is supportive of doing so, but I'm not sure that Hua and Pacifica were on board.
"If you think we'll be ready to make a move before we reach the depot, then sure. Otherwise I think it should wait until after, in case something unexpected is ready at the depot."
Old 03-03-2021, 06:40 PM   #505
Hide

I think we should save the hyper-drives for later. If we make a move without having a reason to do so, we are going to burn a big advantage. In other words, we are not pulling a move so big that it justifies this "diversion".

I would say we should decide what to do with the officers (how and when), that's a key point IMO.

I am OK with meeting in two days.
Old 03-04-2021, 08:40 AM   #506
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

You will be meeting again in two days, hopefully after Hua disables the armory.

You may continue to discuss options for brainwashing officers, disabling the ship, or taking it here. I think you're at the point where you need an overall basic strategy for taking the ship.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 03-05-2021, 09:42 AM   #507
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I think you're at the point where you need an overall basic strategy for taking the ship.
Let's say for arguments sake we decided to just end this all in a really big fight (or possibly a series of big fights). Shoot whoever resists and imprison everyone who surrenders (I think it's more likely we brainwash at least some of them). Roughly speaking, who would we need to eliminate? My estimate is:
-> All three security shifts
-> The officers
-> Maybe some would-be heroes in the other sections

So maybe 200-300 people? After putting down all resistance, we'd have run of the ship and could signal pick-up from the Jakorbi?

--

OK, let's switch topics a little. Let's say we brainwash an officer, what should we brainwash them to do? Fanaticism might make them do something, but if they can't remain undercover, then it might not be helpful. Maybe indoctrinate officers with "If I kill my superior, I get to take their job" or "My subordinates are out to get me?"
Old 03-05-2021, 10:58 AM   #508
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Let's say for arguments sake we decided to just end this all in a really big fight (or possibly a series of big fights). Shoot whoever resists and imprison everyone who surrenders (I think it's more likely we brainwash at least some of them). Roughly speaking, who would we need to eliminate? My estimate is:
-> All three security shifts
-> The officers
-> Maybe some would-be heroes in the other sections

So maybe 200-300 people? After putting down all resistance, we'd have run of the ship and could signal pick-up from the Jakorbi?
The three security shifts is 90 people: half of that section are part of morale. These are people like doctors, quarter masters, and other low-ranking but trusted positions.
There are 33 officers. 10 three man teams heading up the sections, plus the captain and mates.
The would be heroes are harder to calculate. The real question is how those people would fight if all of their weapons have been disabled. They won't have access to proper weapons until after the alarm has been sounded.

That's ~125 people who are armed, plus random acts that won't be armed, but could still accomplish things through sabotage.

Old 03-06-2021, 11:13 AM   #509
Hide

After commenting on the team’s plan, Pacifica asks Day for help in brainwashing Nejora. She suggests doing it during the change of shifts.

… bumping into Nejora would be the first option, but if that does not work, I guess I can make you ask for an apology and then work our way to a handshake of sorts.

Pacifica explains Nejora will be “good” with “Fanaticism Pacifica”. Remarking that such a “disadvantage” would place her above Nejora’s duties and beliefs.

After working the details with Day, Pacifica tells both Hua and Day she will be taking a glance at the terminals, with the purpose of finding clues to confirm the “cargo operation” and acquiring more details about it. And finally, She proposes casing the officers in the next two days, in order to set a target.

... Double checking, Hua will you raid the armory within the 2 days?

Last edited by Hide; 03-06-2021 at 02:43 PM.
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2021, 02:51 PM   #510
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
... Double checking, Hua will you raid the armory within the 2 days?
The aim is tonight, yes.

Maybe once we're ready to rob the last armory, we could consider starting a fire in one of the security bunkrooms then jamming the doors closed.

Last edited by TGLS; 03-07-2021 at 02:55 PM.