Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 04-05-2023, 02:52 PM   #1751
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

The forward soldier gives a yank, throwing the door open and hiding behind it.

The soldier firing the weapon places it just over Pacifica's shoulder (good thing she's tiny) and holds down the trigger, aiming for the narrow doorway (a single suppression area will suffice).

The enemy charges into the hall, weapons raised. Two large and heavy objects are thrown at the firing soldier. One hits an ally and falls to the ground. The other is headed for the shooter's arm. Pacifica can try and deflect it, since she specifically set up to protect him. Parrying a thrown weapon is at -1, if she fails it hits his left (exposed) arm.

Six men rush down the hall. laser fire flashes all around them, but only two are hit... though one of these is in the front.

two of the enemy are going to hit Pacifica unknowingly... she can let them pass or treat it as a slam attack. The others are close behind. Afterwards, she can act.

OCC: generally if I want you rolling for an NPC, I'll indicate so. Particuarly in this case, where "Supressing Fire" fires once for each character who enters a hex.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 10:20 AM   #1752
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

That last post didn't account for missed shots. one additional man was shot, and went down.

A second shooter was requested, and is also shooting at the door. His official shots all miss, but he gets hits against foes #2, #4, #6, and #5... with a spectacular number of dodges by the last two in line. #2 and #4 go down dead.

This leaves one guy still slamming into the soldier in front of pacifica and the wrench headed for that soldier as well.

Note: the soldier is bracing against the wall and shooting above pacifica, not bracing on pacifica

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 04-19-2023, 01:28 AM   #1753
Hide

Seeing most of the enemies fall after the attack, Pacifica parries the wrench 16-1 (11) and dodges the slam 10+2 (7).

OOC: For the next round, there's only one foe enemy left (the one that made the slam), right?
Old 04-19-2023, 08:11 AM   #1754
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

No, there are still four enemies who weren't part of the first rush.

The wrench gets deflected.

The enemy rushes past shooter #1.

Pacifica's move. There is one enemy directly behind the two shooters, and four in the tunnel ahead getting ready to charge.

Old 04-24-2023, 10:07 AM   #1755
Hide

Pacifica makes a deceptive (-3 to enemy defenses) karate (18-6) 7 attack with a great lunge (-1 FP +1 reach); she will end her turn facing her enemies in sight. The execution succeeds, for a potential damage of (2d+4-2) = 12 HP.

Provided the slammer dies, S1 will take a step and fire 5 times; then the other teammates will get to Pacifica and S1, making a line to face the remaining enemies. They will move and attack (5 shots each).

Please let me know if there are changes in the situation to adjust the strategy accordingly, if needed.
Old 04-24-2023, 11:09 AM   #1756
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Pacfica steps behind her allies and slams a radioactive fist into the standing rusher, who goes down.

Her allies continue hosing the hall with laser fire, their guns continuously firing* (supressing fire again). The remaining four enemies rush forward.

Only one makes it. They slam into the shooter. They don't actually damage through the armor, but they're in close combat with them now.

*They don't have great fire control, and they're facing numbers larger than their own.

Old 04-25-2023, 03:53 PM   #1757
Hide

Pacifica uses karate against the remaining foe, she makes a deceptive (-2 to defenses) karate attack (18-4-2) 8, striking into close combat for a potential amount of (2d+4) = 13 HP damage.

If combat is over, Pacifica helps her teammate stand up.
Are you OK?

Depending on the situation, she might decide taking 5 minutes to catch her breath. On the other hand, she orders the others to reload and make watch/check the immediate vicinity. She also asks Vinobi for a status report.
How are things evolving? What route should we take?
Quote:
*They don't have great fire control, and they're facing numbers larger than their own.
What do you mean with this? Are you explaining the reason they decided to launch a suppressive fire attack?
Old 04-27-2023, 10:58 AM   #1758
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Pacifica uses karate against the remaining foe, she makes a deceptive (-2 to defenses) karate attack (18-4-2) 8, striking into close combat for a potential amount of (2d+4) = 13 HP damage.
The combatant stays up, but only barely, and tries to grab the gun, and fails. The shooter fires into the rusher, and the man goes down.

Quote:
If combat is over, Pacifica helps her teammate stand up.
Are you OK?
The man is still up. "Yeah, I'm good. Just rattled a bit. Lets press on."

Quote:
Depending on the situation, she might decide taking 5 minutes to catch her breath. On the other hand, she orders the others to reload and make watch/check the immediate vicinity. She also asks Vinobi for a status report.
How are things evolving? What route should we take?
Vinobi: "We've gotten three breaches! all teams are good! Go go go! Before they set up another defense line!"

Quote:
What do you mean with this? Are you explaining the reason they decided to launch a suppressive fire attack?
correct.

Old 04-28-2023, 03:36 PM   #1759
Hide

Pacifica proceeds to support the operation as planned...

OOC: Before we continue, I want to make a smokescreen using a fire extintor; IIRC these are available almost everywhere. What would you need?

I plan to use the smokescreen to allow Pacifica taking down the enemies using her vision and her displacement, she will be practically invisible. This way we won't have to start the attack facing lots of enemies at once.
Old 05-01-2023, 09:43 AM   #1760
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
OOC: Before we continue, I want to make a smokescreen using a fire extintor; IIRC these are available almost everywhere. What would you need?
don't fire-extinguishers spray non-flamable foam? I'm at a loss how you would turn one into a smoke-screen.