Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 03-13-2009, 07:24 AM   #31
alexondria

Default Re: Thoughts on Lilim

well saints can pass into the higher heavens they just choose not to. They choose to stay behind and help and if I remember correctly they are not actually given a vessel they are reborn in a similar manner to reincarnation, but will eventually remember what they are and what they can do.
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 07:51 AM   #32
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexondria
well saints can pass into the higher heavens they just choose not to. They choose to stay behind and help and if I remember correctly they are not actually given a vessel they are reborn in a similar manner to reincarnation, but will eventually remember what they are and what they can do.
According to CPG, both methods are used -- some Saints are given Vessels and start their work on Earth immediately, while others are reborn as children and regain their memories later. The former kind usually have a specific mission, while the latter are mostly sent to serve as a good example in general.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:47 PM   #33
JCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man
According to CPG, both methods are used -- some Saints are given Vessels and start their work on Earth immediately, while others are reborn as children and regain their memories later. The former kind usually have a specific mission, while the latter are mostly sent to serve as a good example in general.
Yes, I recall that passage too. And I agree with alexondria as well. They can pass into the Higher Heaven, but that would require a sacrifice of interest in the Earth (that part they left behind, as I'd call it).

If one wanted to interpret the rules some more*, the very act of reincarnation plugs them fully back into the Symphony (A Role 12. Don't get much more real then a birth!) The vessel...well I could see a flexible GM ruling both ways. You get the toughness and regeneration of a vessel, but maybe you create Disturbance...or half Disturbance...or not using my POV since a Saint could be a Holy Ghost. Couldn't help myself.

*And seeing how likely more supplements are, Rule Zero of any RPG is fully in force.
JCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 03:59 PM   #34
Rocket Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCD
You get the toughness and regeneration of a vessel, but maybe you create Disturbance...or half Disturbance...or not using my POV since a Saint could be a Holy Ghost. Couldn't help myself.
<Applauds mildly irreverent pun>

Old 03-13-2009, 09:56 PM   #35
JCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocket Man
<Applauds mildly irreverent pun>
Encouragement is probably a bad idea.
JCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2009, 10:09 AM   #36
Rocket Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCD
Encouragement is probably a bad idea.
Nah. I'm shooting for the Word of either Puns or Parody, so I've gotta do what I can to secure my future ...

Tags
lilim, saints