Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-09-2023, 02:17 PM   #361
TGLS

Default Re: (IC) Lost in Dreams (Julian)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
"The other two are isolated and lost in the top. Besides, if they can't keep a watch synched, they're not a threat. Tarbreth was probably disposing of liabilities."
"Because syncing a watch is trivial or because without a synced watch they're screwed? Because... I broke the watch."

Quote:
"You only saw six of them. Hmmm. I wonder where the others were."
"I guess six soldiers trying to seize the transport stone would be insane? Maybe each of them has six more reporting in, but they don't know any of the others."

Quote:
He's given 20 L and told "I will give you more when we catch this Tarbreth. You have done Bumundo a great service. Where do you live? How can we find you to reward you when that happens, or if we have more questions. "
I tell him about the vegetation hole. "It's either there or the mine. Or maybe at the market."
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 10:35 AM   #362
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"Because syncing a watch is trivial or because without a synced watch they're screwed? Because... I broke the watch."
"Oh, you left that out? And you bring it up now because you want them extra dead for sure, or because you want me to buy your picture? That was a risky move, breaking the watch. Did they catch you doing it? We'll keep our eye on you. If we were in Tiskar, I'd have work for you."

Quote:
"I guess six soldiers trying to seize the transport stone would be insane? Maybe each of them has six more reporting in, but they don't know any of the others."
"No, because they operate in groups of ten. So there are four you haven't seen. Glad to know about the two in the wild, I won't pull my hair out looking for them."

Quote:
I tell him about the vegetation hole. "It's either there or the mine. Or maybe at the market."
"One of the squatter's holes. Of course. Which one? and you usually go to that mine? write this down Kaligar."

As Julian leaves, he notices a pair of guards exits shortly after him and just happen to go the same direction he does.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2023, 01:16 PM   #363
TGLS

Quote:
"Oh, you left that out? And you bring it up now because you want them extra dead for sure, or because you want me to buy your picture?"
"I want them," I catch the word in my mouth; I don't really want them dead. "You can have their pictures for nothing. I don't want them coming back, notifying Tarbreth, or otherwise causing trouble."

Quote:
"That was a risky move, breaking the watch. Did they catch you doing it? We'll keep our eye on you. If we were in Tiskar, I'd have work for you."
"If the noticed me changing the time, Reslin would have noticed me taking the watch to begin with."

The less I say about things I've stolen the better I think.

Quote:
"No, because they operate in groups of ten. So there are four you haven't seen. Glad to know about the two in the wild, I won't pull my hair out looking for them."
I check my notes. "Shouldn't there be as many as the spears? There were twenty of those. Could some have been spares?"

Quote:
"One of the squatter's holes. Of course. Which one? and you usually go to that mine? write this down Kaligar."
"I push baskets in the mine."

I tell Lorek which hole.

Quote:
As Julian leaves, he notices a pair of guards exits shortly after him and just happen to go the same direction he does.
Hm... I'll go check the time and maybe get something for lunch. I'll see if they keep following me while I go about my business.

Observation to check
Quote:
[118] 23-01-11 04:12:11 CET
Observation
3d6 <= 12
3 + 3 + 5 = 11 ... success

Last edited by TGLS; 01-10-2023 at 08:12 PM.
Old 01-11-2023, 08:50 AM   #364
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
I check my notes. "Shouldn't there be as many as the spears? There were twenty of those. Could some have been spares?"
"Twenty Spears. That sounds right. That's good intelligence. There are twenty then. You've seen six. But this Tarbreth seems to be the leader."

Quote:
Hm... I'll go check the time and maybe get something for lunch. I'll see if they keep following me while I go about my business.

Observation to check
Its more dinner time than lunch, at least on his old schedule. He notes that the stone time system the mines use is much less familiar than the standard watches Reslin and Tarbreth were using.

The soldiers continue to follow him...

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 01-11-2023, 10:14 AM   #365
TGLS

Quote:
Its more dinner time than lunch, at least on his old schedule. He notes that the stone time system the mines use is much less familiar than the standard watches Reslin and Tarbreth were using.
I was thinking of the clock near the fountain when it came to checking the time, but anyway.

I wonder if the stone time system has a standard format. Maybe they change it from time to time?
Quote:
The soldiers continue to follow him...
Well... I walk right up to them and say, "What do you want?"
Old 01-12-2023, 11:19 AM   #366
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
I was thinking of the clock near the fountain when it came to checking the time, but anyway.
right, there is a proper clock. Its 3:48.

Quote:
I wonder if the stone time system has a standard format. Maybe they change it from time to time?
Its the fourth stone right now.

Quote:
Well... I walk right up to them and say, "What do you want?"
"Nothing. What makes you think we want something. We aren't following you."

The men are terrible liars.

Old 01-12-2023, 06:09 PM   #367
TGLS

Quote:
"Nothing. What makes you think we want something. We aren't following you."

The men are terrible liars.
Wow, my players are right, blatant lies are hard to deal with.

"Look, I've seen you follow me since I left the gated area. Why?"
Old 01-13-2023, 08:00 AM   #368
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
"Look, I've seen you follow me since I left the gated area. Why?"
"Its just a coincidence. Besides, if we were following you, it'd be in our rights."

Quote:
Wow, my players are right, blatant lies are hard to deal with.
HA HA HA HA HA!

The power of owning your decision!

Old 01-13-2023, 12:02 PM   #369
TGLS

Quote:
"Its just a coincidence. Besides, if we were following you, it'd be in our rights."
This isn't getting anywhere. "Fine. Okay."

I guess they'll be following me back to the "squatter's hole". If they were sent by Lorek, I guess they'll now where that is and catch up with me anyway. If not, I'll try to escape their sight.

I'll be going with a Stealth roll, Shadowing might fit better but Julian's best default is Stealth - 4.
Quote:
[119] 23-01-14 01:27:53 CET
Stealth
3d6 <= 13
1 + 5 + 3 = 9 ... success
Quote:
HA HA HA HA HA!

The power of owning your decision!
NPC: I've never met him in my life.

PC: We have video evidence and testimony that shows you met on multiple occasions.

NPC: You must be mistaken; that's not me.

Last edited by TGLS; 01-13-2023 at 05:28 PM.
Old 01-17-2023, 10:39 AM   #370
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
This isn't getting anywhere. "Fine. Okay."

I guess they'll be following me back to the "squatter's hole". If they were sent by Lorek, I guess they'll now where that is and catch up with me anyway. If not, I'll try to escape their sight.

They do indeed follow him back to the hole. The other boys aren't back yet. The guards stop and loiter around for a few minutes, asking questions to anyone walking through the area. Everyone watches them very nervously.

Julian's stuff is all gone from its location.

The soldiers loose sight of Julian, and this causes them some consternation, though they're doing their best not to show it, he notices they are talking to each other and moving around a lot more.

Tags
lost in dreams