Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 12-04-2010, 03:27 PM   #11
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: Lilm Geases a curious question.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Both "Feed my cat" and "Hold my Purse" can be used to easily set an angel up for various purposes.
Especially if the GM is of a Hitchcockian frame of mind. :)

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 04:41 PM   #12
Andygal

Another option would be to use the geas to get the geased individual to provide a distraction, "Go talk to (person the Lilim wants distracted)". If the Lilim is trying to distract an angel, they might be more willing to talk to another angel, even if they don't know them that well, then a random human.
Old 12-04-2010, 04:46 PM   #13
JCD

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_pudding View Post
Both "Feed my cat" and "Hold my Purse" can be used to easily set an angel up for various purposes.
More prosaically, an angel might be the only one trusted to not steal something and not feed the cat brake fluid.

But she'd probably prefer to use a mortal for that.
JCD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 06:56 PM   #14
PenitentDemon

almost assuredly.
PenitentDemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 10:30 AM   #15
alexondria

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCD View Post
More prosaically, an angel might be the only one trusted to not steal something and not feed the cat brake fluid.

But she'd probably prefer to use a mortal for that.
but if the geased angel happens to be a malakite- and the lilim happens to have intel that calabite x is going to attack them sometime during the week of the 1st- then being out of town while said unsuspecting malakite feeds the cat and gets jumped in her place could work out well.
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 11:20 PM   #16
alexondria

another good use for it is to get demons to interrupt a demonic plan would likely take a higher level geas depending on the level of risk. Getting an angel to interrupt a demonic plan would likely just take telling them about it- no geas needed. Getting an angel to keep their mouth shut about what demon dipped them off would likely be a fairly low level geas.

Example: Lilim A works for Lust. She finds out about a plan by an agent of Gluttony to horn in a bit on her territory by turning a rather profitable strip club into a place where anything can be bought for the right price. Things that angels would take great offense to being sold. She's not strong enough to take him on on her own. Demons don't really trust anyone and she doesn't have any geasea available that could get a demon to deal with it for her. If she does nothing she loses ground. If she acts on her own she's dead. If he knows he called the hit when he gets back topside she's dead. She does know this malakim that she once did a little bitty favor for. He likes killing demons and she knows he'll do that for free. The geas ensures that her name stays out of it as he conviently stumbles onto the budding enterprise.
alexondria is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
geas, lilim