Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 03-03-2016, 11:30 PM   #1
Minuteman37

Default Android Characters and Total Amnesia

So I'm going over a secret Android template for a possible AtE campaign and I'm not sure just what on the sheet I should let the player see when the game starts. Any help?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B11...ew?usp=sharing
Minuteman37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 12:32 AM   #2
Nereidalbel

Default Re: Android Characters and Total Amnesia

Give them the attributes, and let them figure out the rest.
Nereidalbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 12:33 AM   #3
dcarson

If they've just woken up and haven't had time to do much very little. I'd let them know they are quite strong but not the other stats.

The DR after the first major fight or if they do some testing. Same with the High Pain Threshold.

Doesn't Eat or Drink, Infravision, Nictitating Membrane they should figure out within a day or so since they do things in day to day life,

Depending on how they work the HUD, Telecommunications and IFF might happen fairly quickly. Would they hear voices from the Telecoms? If so they might think for a while that they are crazy.

Enemy they shouldn't know until the first encounter with them unless it involves things like wanted posters.

Maintenance, Secret (Robot) and Social Stigma(Monster) as soon as a warning message pops up on the HUD about Maintenance being overdue. You seem to have Maintenance listed twice. When they learn those the stuff from Cyborg Unit should be a simple bit of Research.
dcarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 01:08 AM   #4
Minuteman37

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcarson View Post
If they've just woken up and haven't had time to do much very little. I'd let them know they are quite strong but not the other stats.

The DR after the first major fight or if they do some testing. Same with the High Pain Threshold.

Doesn't Eat or Drink, Infravision, Nictitating Membrane they should figure out within a day or so since they do things in day to day life,

Depending on how they work the HUD, Telecommunications and IFF might happen fairly quickly. Would they hear voices from the Telecoms? If so they might think for a while that they are crazy.

Enemy they shouldn't know until the first encounter with them unless it involves things like wanted posters.

Maintenance, Secret (Robot) and Social Stigma(Monster) as soon as a warning message pops up on the HUD about Maintenance being overdue. You seem to have Maintenance listed twice. When they learn those the stuff from Cyborg Unit should be a simple bit of Research.
Sorry about that maintenance thing, it was on both the templates I used.
Old 03-04-2016, 09:57 AM   #5
TGLS

Some of my opinions:
It seems you are using templates from Will to Live. If so, I'd suggest removing decreased intelligence; their IQ, Will and Per should match what it was before cyborgization, as noted under mind transfer B296. Also keep a note on what their brain's age is; it would probably age as normal. Note synthetic organs and living flesh are mutually exclusive; pick whichever you think fits better. I wouldn't charge twice for HUD and Video Display, unless the display was a television or something on them. The social stigma should be a trait added when the secret is revealed. I don't know how I feel about computer code as a language, but English should be the native language (assuming the brain was from an English speaker).

But for the character sheet only show them the mundane traits English and Amnesia. Perhaps High Pain Threshold, or you could leave it as a surprise. Show no skills, and try to trick them into thinking they are only a partial cyborg, not a total cyborg. Consider giving them a character sheet that lies about their ST and weight, only the visually apparent statistics. Then surprise them when they take a swing at someone or someone grapples them.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2016, 10:20 AM   #6
Minuteman37

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I don't know how I feel about computer code as a language, but English should be the native language (assuming the brain was from an English speaker).
Computer code is just a catch all term for however the AI prefer to communicate becouse I presume they'd find normal human languages lacking.