Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-15-2023, 12:28 PM   #1071
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Will V try more "towing" or release and take the bulk penalty?
Vassarious will take the bulk penalty for a Move and Attack on the next opportunity, and leave one limb out to grab the airlock securing handle or other grip point.

Would it take one or two limbs to secure to the sub for unpenalized fire?
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 08:11 AM   #1072
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Vassarious will take the bulk penalty for a Move and Attack on the next opportunity, and leave one limb out to grab the airlock securing handle or other grip point.

Would it take one or two limbs to secure to the sub for unpenalized fire?
Two limbs. Is hitting the detatch button a free action?

Go ahead and make your attack rolls. This is second 11, they are 37 yards away. Once detached, you are able to grab on with a step or movement.

Quote:
OK, the next second before reloading has fire just below 30 meters.
That's second 13... they should be at 31 yards, shouldn't they? 70-3*13?

... but the squid-demon makes all three dodge rolls.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2023, 12:04 PM   #1073
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Two limbs. Is hitting the detatch button a free action?
I presumed so.
Quote:
Go ahead and make your attack rolls. This is second 11, they are 37 yards away. Once detached, you are able to grab on with a step or movement.
If it's not in the way, I'd prefer to stay attached for backup... should Vassarious be knocked unconscious, I'd hate for them to be lost in the deep.

For round 11, Vassarious will Move and Attack. Since they will need to use the step on arrival to grab on, they will DWA will all limbs.

Round 11 @ 34 yard range, Effective skill 9 with the bulk penalty

Chitinous Spikes!

3d6 <= 9
1: 2 + 4 + 6 = 12 ... failure
2: 5 + 6 + 2 = 13 ... failure
3: 5 + 6 + 6 = 17 ... failure
4: 1 + 2 + 4 = 7 ... Burst of three hits
5: 2 + 4 + 1 = 7 ... Burst of three hits
6: 4 + 2 + 2 = 8 ... Burst of two hits

On Round 12, Vassaious grabs on with their stem and is down to four attack limbs while two stabilize them, 31 yard range, Effective skill 11

Chitinous Spikes!

3d6 <= 11
1: 6 + 5 + 2 = 13 ... failure
2: 4 + 6 + 1 = 11 ... One hit
3: 2 + 6 + 4 = 12 ... failure
4: 5 + 6 + 4 = 15 ... failure

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 03-16-2023 at 04:16 PM.
Old 03-17-2023, 07:45 AM   #1074
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
If it's not in the way, I'd prefer to stay attached for backup... should Vassarious be knocked unconscious, I'd hate for them to be lost in the deep.
Good thinking! yeah, that will work.

Quote:
Chitinous Spikes!

Chitinous Spikes!
The demon dodges two spikes, but is hit with seven. roll damage.

Halcyone is loading seconds 14-16. A second fast-draw(ammo) roll will make that 14-15.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 03-17-2023, 07:59 AM   #1075
the_matrix_walker

Damage for Chitinous Spikes

6d6 +1 halved:

1: 6 + 2 + 2 + 6 + 6 + 2 + 1 = 25/2 = 12 imp
2: 4 + 3 + 6 + 4 + 3 + 2 + 1 = 23/2 = 11 imp
3: 3 + 5 + 3 + 2 + 6 + 4 + 1 = 24/2 = 12 imp
4: 2 + 6 + 1 + 2 + 2 + 6 + 1 = 20/2 = 10 imp
5: 4 + 4 + 6 + 2 + 6 + 4 + 1 = 27/2 = 13 imp
6: 3 + 5 + 5 + 6 + 3 + 3 + 1 = 26/2 = 13 imp
7: 4 + 4 + 1 + 3 + 4 + 4 + 1 = 21/2 = 10 imp

On Round 13, are all the demons at a 28 yard range? When the Dragon Demon is messed up by that crit or at the very next opportunity, Vassarious switches targets to it to try and finish it off and keep it down... on what round was it debilitated?

Looks like I have to catch up 7 seconds...

Is the Dragon demon still keeping pace with it's damage? I'd like to switch targets to finish off the injured one, but I want to verify the range penalties...

-

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 03-17-2023 at 08:34 AM.
Old 03-17-2023, 08:31 AM   #1076
TGLS

Quote:
On Round 13, are all the demons at a 28 yard range? When the Dragon Demon is messed up by that crit or at the very next opportunity, Vassarious switches targets to it to try and finish it off and keep it down... on what round was it debilitated?

-
Round 12 I believe.
Quote:
Halcyone is loading seconds 14-16. A second fast-draw(ammo) roll will make that 14-15.
I'm good.
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 09:12 AM   #1077
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Damage for Chitinous Spikes
With DR 10, the shark takes (7+6+7+5+8+8+5)*2 points of damage. nice high rolls. that's 46 damage going through times *2 for 92 points of damage: the shark demon is down past HPx-2. It makes its death checks, but is left realing by the damage. It is still conscious. It will be at half move and half dodge for the next 7 seconds.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Round 12 I believe.
Quote:
Is the Dragon demon still keeping pace with it's damage? I'd like to switch targets to finish off the injured one, but I want to verify the range penalties...
Its NOT keeping pace with its damage.

On round 13, most the demons are at the 31 yard range. The Dragon is at 36 yards and down 84 HP, and the Shark has fallen back to 49 yards, and is down 72 HP.

The sub moves 13 yards/sec, if I haven't made an error somewhere, and the demons are moving at 16 yards/ sec unless they've below 0 HP, which drops them to 8 yards/sec... falling behind at 5 yards/sec unless they're also unconscious, when it goes to 13 yards/sec.

Quote:
Looks like I have to catch up 7 seconds...
Or maybe we just have rolls for a bunch of Halcyone seconds... I haven't gone through those yet.

Quote:
I'm good.
Cool, just confirming its intentional.

Old 03-20-2023, 10:09 AM   #1078
the_matrix_walker

Until a target closes to 20 yards, Vassarious continues to focus all attacks on the Shark until it is obviously fully disabled or leaves his range. Vassarious then switches to the most injured target in range to thin the herd.

Feel free to make any rolls to keep the story moving until additional input is needed or a target closes to 20 yards.
Old 03-21-2023, 09:03 AM   #1079
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

V fires a bunch of spikes on second 13 against the shark at 49 yards. Effective skill 11. Several bursts hit the cloud of blood, doing a fair amount of damage: (14, 12, 8, 12, 4, 12, and 4 for a total of 66). Total damage lost for the shark is 138, bringing it to -3xHP.

On second 14, The Shark Demon is at 62 yards away* and down 128 HP, The Dragon Demon is at 41 yards and down 74 HP, and the Squid and Eel are at 28 yards and full health. Halcyone is reloading three underwater riffles at once, six arms working in tandem. V finds the Shark is out of range, and can't really tell if its dead or just unconscious, and so turns attention to the Dragon, attacking 4 times at skill 11. The dragon is slower, but a really good defense roll (4) evades all but one of the spikes. Its a solid hit, doing 14 damage (88 damage on dragon now)
*2 yards out of range!

On second 15, the Dragon demon is at 46 yards and down 78 HP, the shark is 75 yards away, and the squid and eel are at 25 yards. Halcyone is still loading her weapons. V attacks the Dragon some more, hoping to deal with it once and for all. Seven** Spikes hit, doing 72 injury (12+14+8+6+10+8+14 = 72) and and bringing the total to 150 HP lost: exactly -4xHP. The Dragon stops moving forward.
** why are there so many seven spike hits?

On second 16, the Dragon demon is 59 yards away and down 140HP, the shark is 88 yards away, and the squid and eel are at 22 yards. Halcyone finishes loading. V concentrates on the Dragon, making sure its dead. The spiky armed starfish does 72 injury again(8+18+14+4+16+12 = 72), dropping the demon into "automatically dead" range.

It is now second 17. Halcone has loaded weapons. The Squid and Eel demons are at 19 yards. The Shark demon is at 101 yards away, and who knows what its doing. The Dragon demon is definitely dead... you can see some green goo among the red blood.

Old 03-21-2023, 01:59 PM   #1080
the_matrix_walker

Vassarious Turns their attention to the Squid and lashes out with a four arm barrage of spikes!

3d6 <= 14
1: 2 + 3 + 1 = 6 ... Burst of three hits!
2: 1 + 4 + 6 = 11 ... Burst of three hits!
3: 3 + 3 + 4 = 10 ... Burst of three hits!
4: 3 + 3 + 1 = 7 ... Burst of three hits!