Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Roleplaying in General

Old 02-23-2010, 10:44 AM   #561
Bruno

Default Re: Art for games

I'm also working on some updated art for Mrugnak, my minotaur who I keep playing in various games.

I've had one-too-many folks tell me he's cute, when it clearly says "Hideous" on his character sheet ;)

From some angles he looks a little like a famous historical figure and a cartoon character based on same but the resemblance seems to be reduced by him actually doing something.

And here's one with a very simple outfit just to test some movement on the body shape and demonstrate Bad Temper which is also on his character sheet.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 12:42 PM   #562
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
From some angles he looks a little like a famous historical figure and a cartoon character based on same but the resemblance seems to be reduced by him actually doing something.
I'd say "Spuds MacKenzie," but what do I know.

;-)
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:13 PM   #563
Bruno

Google Image Search Maurice Tillet (and Shrek). :D
Old 02-23-2010, 01:20 PM   #564
Mark Skarr
Forum Pervert
(If you have to ask . . .)

I can see Maurice Tillet, kinda. But Mrugnak is much better looking than Shrek. And probably funnier and more charismatic. Perhaps even smarter. Probably has better hygine.
Mark Skarr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 01:41 PM   #565
Bruno

No, I think Shrek is more hygienic - of course, he has the advantage of being hairless, but even wallowing in swamp water puts him him ahead.

Mrugnak doesn't even try - and getting caught out in the rain when you're furry and wearing armor doesn't clean anything, it just encourages mold growth...
Old 02-23-2010, 04:35 PM   #566
sjard
Stick in the Mud

Quote:
but even wallowing in swamp water puts him him ahead.
Are you sure about that? I've never been through a swamp that didn't smell worse than most other things I can think of. Except maybe a compost pit filled with decaying meat.

Or am I thinking of a marsh... Whichever it is that has just enough water (maybe knee deep) laying on top of about 10 feet of mud that, frankly, smells like the above mentioned pit if disturbed.
MIB #1457
sjard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 04:40 PM   #567
Anthony

Quote:
I've had one-too-many folks tell me he's cute, when it clearly says "Hideous" on his character sheet ;)
The distinction can be difficult to make. I suggest adding something that makes him look dirty, smelly, or slimy.
Anthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2010, 10:18 PM   #568
Antiquation!

Quote:
I'm also working on some updated art for Mrugnak, my minotaur who I keep playing in various games.

And here's one with a very simple outfit just to test some movement on the body shape and demonstrate Bad Temper which is also on his character sheet.
I'm really impressed by these renders.
Old 02-24-2010, 10:34 AM   #569
Bruno

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjard View Post
Are you sure about that? I've never been through a swamp that didn't smell worse than most other things I can think of. Except maybe a compost pit filled with decaying meat.

Or am I thinking of a marsh... Whichever it is that has just enough water (maybe knee deep) laying on top of about 10 feet of mud that, frankly, smells like the above mentioned pit if disturbed.
I confess I'm not clear on the distinction between different kinds of wetland. But Shrek was bathing in swampy water, and Mrugnak, last time I checked, was still encrusted with swamp mud mixed with orc bits, minotaur sweat, road grime, and a persistent mildew or mold problem.

He would have had Bad Smell written down for his GURPS incarnation, but I ran out of Disadvantage points.

Another player tried to give him a bath in the D&D game he originally came from; IIRC they resorted to

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony View Post
The distinction can be difficult to make. I suggest adding something that makes him look dirty, smelly, or slimy.
That's a good idea. I've got some things in mind, since you've brought it up...
Old 02-24-2010, 10:46 AM   #570
Anders

Quote:
IAnother player tried to give him a bath in the D&D game he originally came from; IIRC they resorted to
You seem to be missing part of a sentence here.

Is he any good in a fight?

Tags
art