Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 03-14-2022, 11:25 AM   #1001
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: (IC) Lost In Dreams [Peter]

"I'm from an Earth, but there seem to be a lot of them out there. As for what I am, I get that question often, but I'm just a human who has some weird magic dream-visions and then sometimes finds myself in strange places."

"Can I have one of those orbs? If the magic is acting weird here, I might need a boost to leave."

"Are there any messages you would like me to bring back to your worshipers? Is Ink-Thur around? I know one of his priests, named Tuvo Kyridas, who would love to get a personal message!"
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 11:15 AM   #1002
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"A personal Orb?" She seems somewhat amused by the question "I do not think that will be possible. Perhaps someone might assist you at specific tasks requiring power, but I wonder if anyone will."

"You may keep your mystery, "human". For now. You obviously have gifts of some sort."

"Ink-Thur is not here. He is away seeking a solution to our problem. We should compose a general message to send with you. As for my people, tell them the separation is for their good, that I shall return, and to not do anything reckless or desperate."

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2022, 11:53 AM   #1003
the_matrix_walker

"If I'm anything but a human, I don't know about it. I'm not trying to keep secrets. When I travel, I go naked, so I couldn't take an orb with me if you're worried about that. I guess we can talk about it again if I can't leave here on my own."

"The people in the world I came from, they seem to be raiding other worlds to capture people and put them to work or imprison them for information, and these people, like, didn't do anything to deserve it... are the 'gods' onboard for this kinda thing?"
Old 03-16-2022, 09:50 AM   #1004
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

"My fellow Gods have many opinions. Many of them condone limited warfare. If you will recall my message, I advise against doing anything reckless."

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 03-16-2022, 11:14 AM   #1005
the_matrix_walker

"Okay, I'll pass that on. Any suggestions on how to spend my day until I can try and return? I'd love to know more about the gods and how your magic works. Could I meet Kal-Mor while I am here? Since my powers center around dreams, we might be able to have an interesting conversation... Maybe they know more about what makes me different or where these abilities come from."
Old 03-17-2022, 08:54 AM   #1006
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"Okay, I'll pass that on. Any suggestions on how to spend my day until I can try and return? I'd love to know more about the gods and how your magic works. Could I meet Kal-Mor while I am here? Since my powers center around dreams, we might be able to have an interesting conversation... Maybe they know more about what makes me different or where these abilities come from."

"I suggest you make yourself useful. The Divine Village is far from what we have in our own realm. Can you hunt? Can you build? Perhaps shape pottery?"

"Our power is innate. We were formed, rather than born."

"If you wish to meet Kal-Mor, that is quite possible. He is with the gods who fell trees to build with."

Peter is first directed to Tar-Billik. Tar-Billik has been adding rooms onto buildings. He appears to be a knobbly old man with a kind and gentle smile. He shows Peter and Goliath where they can sleep in his home.

For the divine pantheon of a world with mechanical horses and industrial forges, they live poorly, in wooden huts with dirt floors and obviously homemade furniture, cooking over open fires.

Old 03-17-2022, 12:20 PM   #1007
the_matrix_walker

Peter will make himself as useful as possible. He's happy to help Tar-Billik with construction, as it's something he's good at and he hasn't had the chance to build anything made to last since starting his travels.

He will seek out Kal-Mor and will be open with him about his situation and powers and see if he has any insights to offer.

All the while, Peter is very respectful but not "reverent", treating them like people... they're not HIS gods after all.
Old 03-18-2022, 10:40 AM   #1008
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Peter will make himself as useful as possible. He's happy to help Tar-Billik with construction, as it's something he's good at and he hasn't had the chance to build anything made to last since starting his travels.
He has carpentry... flavor skill for the win! Tar-Billik quickly sets him to work improving the furniture everyone is using, starting by flattening a table. The tools are minimal and the work hard, but he sees several people smiling at him as we works.

Quote:
He will seek out Kal-Mor and will be open with him about his situation and powers and see if he has any insights to offer.
Kal-Mor listens, and then says:
"I do not have my full abilities at the moment, and I have not seen you dream. I can tell you a few things though. You are not truly interacting with dreams: what you see is too real, and too literal for that. And then you use them to traverse worlds. You must have some part of you that requires deep isolation and relaxation to use its power. These dreams are not sent by someone else: they appear to be a part of what you are."

Quote:
All the while, Peter is very respectful but not "reverent", treating them like people... they're not HIS gods after all.
interesting... noted.

Old 03-20-2022, 12:56 PM   #1009
the_matrix_walker

Peter puts in a hard day's work and tries to be useful to the community in other ways while making conversation to learn more about this place and what's going on. Doing his best to be friendly and courteous and a good Ambassador of Earth.

He's interested in what this place is called, and what the place with the floating temples in space is called. He's keen to know anything about the current threat and if there is anything their mortal followers can do. He is curious about who is the god of what, and if they have any advice for a mortal.

If he catches wind of a god of music, or if the opportunity comes up in an organic way, Peter will teach them some earth music and sing for his supper around the fire with his new friends.
Old 03-21-2022, 10:57 AM   #1010
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Peter puts in a hard day's work and tries to be useful to the community in other ways while making conversation to learn more about this place and what's going on. Doing his best to be friendly and courteous and a good Ambassador of Earth.

He's interested in what this place is called, and what the place with the floating temples in space is called. He's keen to know anything about the current threat and if there is anything their mortal followers can do. He is curious about who is the god of what, and if they have any advice for a mortal.
They call this place the divine village, as opposed to the divine realm, which is were the marble structures are. Some of them have other names for the divine realm: "The Sea of power", "The Temple World", and "Home" get used a fair amount as well. They are quite tight lipped about what the threat is, but seem quite confident they are safe here... as opposed to the divine realm. The world the divine village is set on they call "the wilderness", or sometimes "The pristine realm". They say its mostly just another world they had access to, and that its quite "safe and boring, except for the wildlife".

One beautiful goddess who looks like she comes from southeast asia says: "No offense, but you can't do anything about the threat here, and you could conceivably be part of it, and we don't want to tell them what we do or don't know. No, our worshipers can't help. Not yet at least. If they can, we'll certainly use them, no need for them to reach out to us."

While they're closed about the threat and somewhat about how their magic works, they're happy to talk to Peter otherwise, viewing him as something of a curiosity. He receives a lot of advice, and they're happy to talk about themselves and their current living conditions, or about what they did before the crisis.

Advice received includes:
  • Work hard at the things you aren't good at
  • Respect your Betters, but Think Your own thoughts
  • Watch Social Power balances, and it will aid you in times of Crisis
  • Excercise even when you don't have to
Most of the Dieties preside over places, rather than of topics. Cities, Mountains, and Rivers seem to be the most common. Dieties live in groups that seem to be mostly geographical. They often have domains as side areas of influence, but usually its of limited scope and shared with others.

Tar-Billik trades Peter's table away at the end of the day: he does so for magic transferred between the spheres. When its time to eat, he takes Peter to an open pavilion and pays for both of their meals with some of that magic.

Quote:
If he catches wind of a god of music, or if the opportunity comes up in an organic way, Peter will teach them some earth music and sing for his supper around the fire with his new friends.
After dinner, Peter is able to start singing around the fire. The voices of the Gods are distinct, strange, and beautiful. He has not felt power used in this world, but something about each word is memorable. What songs will he be singing?

Last edited by ericthered; 03-21-2022 at 11:04 AM.

Tags
lost in dreams