Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Old 07-13-2022, 02:22 PM   #11
43Supporter

Default Re: Legendary gunner

Beechcraft Bonanza "throwover" controls: http://www.stinsonflyer.com/prop/ibe35-01.jpg .

79er

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.
43Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 12:36 AM   #12
PBarone714

Default Sidearm Firing Arcs and my munchkin friend

My munchkin friend kept trying to insist that a gunner and the driver should be allowed to shoot out to the front arc of fire, firing forward like a foward-mounted weapon. That's against the RAW, isn't it???
PBarone714 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2022, 07:08 AM   #13
powellhall

Default Re: Sidearm Firing Arcs and my munchkin friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBarone714 View Post
My munchkin friend kept trying to insist that a gunner and the driver should be allowed to shoot out to the front arc of fire, firing forward like a foward-mounted weapon. That's against the RAW, isn't it???
The gunner “Whiplash” can make Hand Cannon attacks from any arc, everybody else is limited to side arcs only.
powellhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 01:58 AM   #14
PBarone714

Quote:
Originally Posted by powellhall View Post
The gunner “Whiplash” can make Hand Cannon attacks from any arc, everybody else is limited to side arcs only.
I showed him that. After much argument, he finally for once relented to follow my ruling. I'm starting a new gaming group without him where people will respect my rulings and house rules.
Old 08-01-2022, 10:39 AM   #15
Aleph
Administrator

Quote:
You will notice that all of the crew weapons say "Side arc only" near the bottom. This means they may only be fired in the side firing arcs of the vehicle, except in cases where the crew member has an ability that changes this.
Aleph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2022, 11:30 AM   #16
HeatDeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleph View Post
You will notice that all of the crew weapons say "Side arc only" near the bottom. This means they may only be fired in the side firing arcs of the vehicle, except in cases where the crew member has an ability that changes this.
I was gonna chime in on this, but Aleph beat me to it. Yeah, the relevant rule is literally written on the card. I'm not sure how they could have made that any clearer.

Generally speaking, there shouldn't be much cause for "rulings", at least not in the basic game. The rule book has a startling and highly admirable lack of ambiguity in it - it's so tightly written it practically compiles.
HeatDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 10:55 AM   #17
Sam Mitschke
Chief Creative Officer

Default Re: Legendary gunner

@HeatDeath — Very kind words, thank you. I would definitely prefer that the info was organized differently (or at least more intuitively), but it's all there.
Sam Mitschke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 01:26 PM   #18
43Supporter

Quote:
I showed him that. After much argument, he finally for once relented to follow my ruling. I'm starting a new gaming group without him where people will respect my rulings and house rules.
I am reminded of an answer in _ADQ_ to the question: "What do I do about the Munchkin in my group?": "Stop playing with this bozo."

79er

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.
43Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 12:04 AM   #19
PBarone714

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43Supporter View Post
I am reminded of an answer in _ADQ_ to the question: "What do I do about the Munchkin in my group?": "Stop playing with this bozo."
Yes, I have people I meet on a different day and both one of them and I have 6th ed. Car Wars.
Old 08-14-2022, 12:21 AM   #20
PBarone714

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aleph View Post
Thank you so much!

Paolo

Tags
carwars, gunner