Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 01-31-2022, 02:03 PM   #41
SID

Default Re: SID's Star Wars Campaign (IC)

@Togosho

Togosho wakes-up.

He makes an attempt to interpret his visions with meditation. The signs of frustration dissipate with a sigh, and clarity comes to his mind. The first vision talks about the persecution of the mundane, highlighting that earthly life is ultimately empty; it could be a warning of events to come, or the echo of Togosho's thoughts resonating within him. His feeling is one of familiarity, perhaps alluding to the pursuit of the ordinary or the routine. The second vision is more intricate, the signs he observes speak of a fortuitous encounter, and perhaps of an alliance that brings triumph to the hands of the doers. The brightness of the second vision could symbolize the path towards discovery...

Then he removes his armor.

Some of its pieces are "glued" to his body. He truly feels like he’s ripping his skin off, the process is delicate and painful. As a result of the explosion, the texture of the armor is oily, as if it is coated in some kind of soot, making everything more difficult.

It may be the first time his armor has taken so much damage, but the armorer's trade is second nature to the Jensaarai. The necessary repairs were expected to take days, but the situation was not as dire as Togosho had anticipated; the spirit of the force guides Togosho in the restoration of the armor until full repair.

Then, after a short rest and a bit of grooming, Togosho feels like new.

When Togosho analyzes the locket, psychometry reveals warmth and hope. The visions begin almost a day before the battle...

In a remote place of Nar-Shaddaa, seen from a corner, from the chest of a woman resting in the care of two sleeping newborns, flashes of lightning illuminate an underground home. Water falls to the ground from a sewer, into the center of what appears to be the house’s main room. The water that escapes through a drain on the floor, splashes the surroundings of the cold and dark room. Part of the water is collected in various containers and vessels.

With the passing of the hours, the infants wake up, as well as the woman. She feeds the two babies, who are put to sleep again. She gets up, then it is observed that there’s one more person in the room, a little Rodian who sleeps; when he wakes-up he seems hungry and worried.

She makes him laugh, the woman goes to another corner; and from a table she fetches a gun and a lamp. Then, after walking through a narrow corridor, she enters a crack where a mousetrap is found. In the trap is a big juicy WOMPRAT. She shoots the animal, takes it into the room and skins it. Using the battery from her gun, she lights a stove in which she fries the rat. Meanwhile, she takes a dry piece of bread and moistens it with some boiling water. The food is ready, the woman eats a piece of the bread, the rest is for the Rodian.

The babies sleep and the Rodian entertains himself the hologram of Figrin Da'n and the Modal Nodes, the sound is very low (almost inaudible), maybe it is damaged. From her behavior, it could be said that the woman is waiting for some kind of news. It’s true, suddenly the sound of a device breaks the silence that sought to take over the room. It sounds like a man's voice, speaking in the characteristic Rodian tone, the conversation is held in Huttese. The message seems obvious, some meeting is taking place soon. The woman takes the gun from, plugs the battery back, puts on a coat and puts away her locket. She looks at the newborns and bids the Rodian farewell, to whom she provides some instructions.

Although the following events cannot be clearly observed, she boards a ground vehicle. The journey is long and the atmosphere soporific, but tension and anxiety prevent the woman from falling asleep, it is as if she were about to win a prize. Then the vehicle stops, and a voice is heard from speaker “Wait for further instructions”. A hatch opens and she descends. As the vehicle drives away, she takes holds the locket in her hands, kisses it, and then puts it away. During that moment, it is possible to notice dawn is about to take place, the location seems familiar, it is the field of the recent battle.

A group of people is heard approaching and a conversation takes place (in Huttese), it is as if it were a reunion of best friends who hadn’t seen each other for years. During the gathering, the names VANTA BLACK, CHOWBASA and YAVOO-NAGA are heard. Then the group receives a call saying “The pond is empty, now or never”.

The group sets in motion and on the lookout, the woman's heart is about to burst with emotion. Suddenly the barking of some dogs, the sound of an explosion... The woman is anxious to finish the job...

The rest of the story is already known.

It’s been about 3 hours since Togosho arrived to the hotel. He calls a cab and leaves to YAVOO-NAGA.

Meanwhile… Bibingui and Vanta…

(continued in the next post)
Old 01-31-2022, 06:26 PM   #42
SID

A strong echo in the force draws Togosho to the club. During his trip, he looks at the items he collected in the battlefield and reflects upon the recent events and his findings: Was he but a pawn of fate passing in the absolute path of life and death? The closer he is to his destination, the stronger the echoes; he descends from the cab and rushes to the club.

Bibingui falls prey of distress, the unexpected event and her imminent failure make her heart come out of her chest. She cries for help, fearing for PURR1T0, but has she realized the threat to her life and those surrounding her? Or is her love for PURR1T0 bigger than the risk of death?

Vanta on the other hand, seems calm and collected, he stands besides Bibingui. He quickly assesses the situation and pushes Bibingui aside. He holds the case in one hand, and with the other he cuts a chunk of PURR1T0S chassis. In a burst of bravery, he jumps to the floor and dips below the table, holding the bomb close to his chest.

A flash of light and a strenuous blast shake the club. The total power of this explosion? Vanta felt it was like (2.2+/-0.2) x 1045 Ergs. Somehow, perhaps by sheer force of will, he absorbs all of the damage and prevents injury to people around him. He’s dazzled by the explosion, and between 3 and 5 seconds he comes back to himself. When he stands up, the club is practically empty and a crater is below his feet, he’s unscratched.

Togosho enters the room the moment the detonation takes place… he spies upon a man and an Ewok as hot vapor comes out of the floor, building a dramatic atmosphere. People runs away as the echoes in the force pull him to the scene.

OOC: This is when you meet each other, time for “introductions”.

A pink haired woman is approaching Bibingui and company, you all hear her speak with a deep and captivating voice, in Huttese: “PATEESA OOTMIAN HOPA, HOOHAH SKOCHA, BACTA SHADO KOOSE. GARDO KOOSE…”
Old 01-31-2022, 08:11 PM   #43
the_matrix_walker

A man clad in panther reminiscent armor steps through the door and the mask flows off his face, leaving the rest of his head covered. His softly glowing red eyes brighten at the slightly higher oxygen content, and his pale blue face gains a deeper hue. There is a blaster on his thigh, and a pair of lightsabers adorning his belt.

"Impressive, most impressive." He says as he looks upon the smoldering ruin and the unmarred hero.

"I am Klurt'ogosh'oammeo, I am a pilgrim in this place and I sense that the path before me is one we are to share. I am a Defender of the Jensaari and you may call me Togosho."

-

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 01-31-2022 at 10:48 PM.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2022, 09:33 PM   #44
PumpkinLorica

Mr. Mr.! you have saved my Purrito.(>人<;)
You tell me, are you okay?
Bibingui goes to Vanta and looks at him carefully to see that he and Purrito are okay.。゚(゚´ω`゚)゚。
Old 02-01-2022, 12:21 PM   #45
PumpkinLorica

ʕノ•ᴥ•ʔノ ︵ ┻━┻
Bibingui flips the table away, and runs towards Togosho.
Ohhh, oww! Are you the firefighter? \ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ/

I’M BIBINGUI THE BEATER OF SYSTEMS! ᕦʕ •`ᴥ•´ʔᕤ
Help me pull my friend out of that crater.
Old 02-01-2022, 09:10 PM   #46
PumpkinLorica

Bibingui takes a close look at Togosho’s armor.
Woow!!! (*^o^*)I think you look very strong, are Jensaarai firefighters or cops?(ᵔᴥᵔ)
Old 02-01-2022, 11:48 PM   #47
vicious Violence

To Bibingui

The small one is going to be fine. Had to be done. Don't know how, just that I had to save it. We need to move out before we are stuck in cells within cells.

To Togo
Togosho you have arrived at the precise time, not a moment late or a moment soon. You seem well suited for combat and by the looks of it you are a repeat visitor of violence, and now it has come knocking hard.

Vanta moves purposely towards Togo and the exit.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 09:12 AM   #48
the_matrix_walker

"Hello to you, Bibingui, Beater of Systems. The order of the Jensaarai are the defenders of justice, not necessarily of the law."

"It is true that I am no stranger to violence, but it is preferable to choose one's battles. It was violence that brought me here." Togosho says as he produces the plastic bag with the remnants of the Black family's possessions. "I was forced to defend myself from street bandits calling themselves The Black Family and I have come to make certain that the matter is resolved. I also seek to make contact with the Chowbasa. There is a debt to be settled, and it is my charge to balance the ledger."
Old 02-02-2022, 10:25 AM   #49
vicious Violence

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"Hello to you, Bibingui, Beater of Systems. The order of the Jensaarai are the defenders of justice, not necessarily of the law."

"It is true that I am no stranger to violence, but it is preferable to choose one's battles. It was violence that brought me here." Togosho says as he produces the plastic bag with the remnants of the Black family's possessions. "I was forced to defend myself from street bandits calling themselves The Black Family and I have come to make certain that the matter is resolved. I also seek to make contact with the Chowbasa. There is a debt to be settled, and it is my charge to balance the ledger."
My name is Vanta Black, but I have no family. Lost them. Did you wipe out the fake Blacks? I am looking for revenge for my fallen blood.
vicious Violence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2022, 11:19 AM   #50
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious Violence View Post
My name is Vanta Black, but I have no family. Lost them. Did you wipe out the fake Blacks?.
"I do not know if they were 'Fake', only what they called themselves. They were different races, led by a Deveronian."

There is a small burst of light and a view of the Black family appears in the form of a hologram projected from a sliding belt over Togoshos shoulder, in a still of the moment where they were all aiming and mocking him.

"They sought to make me their prey. The Force protected me from that fate, and I have returned them to it. They will prey upon the innocent no more."

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicious Violence View Post
"I am looking for revenge for my fallen blood.

"Vengeance is a powerful passion. Smolder can seldom be kept from inferno," Togosho says, without prejudice and with a touch of reverence for the intense emotion. ...if not dealt with."

Tags
advantage of the week, cyberpunk, magic, martial arts, pbp, powers, sci fi, spaceships, star wars