Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 12-10-2013, 12:51 PM   #861
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Default Re: [OOC] Worlds of Fire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totem View Post
Check with Lamech; we did do one attempt at using the Brainwashing skill once. Things like that take a while so we generally need to find something else for everyone else to do or to run it fairly quickly. On this note if there is something that anyone wants me to aim for (some skill combo they want to try out or whatever) then let me know, because I do try to make room for these things if I see them.
He has Mind Surgery at 20 and it takes an hour for an attempt. Usually we can't spare an hour, don't need a low level pawn, or Don't have who we need. The blazen's techniques do a lot to render the power less effective.

Too bad, as it was supposed to be his signature ability. I underestimated the time crunch.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 01:18 PM   #862
Totem

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfharlock View Post
Totem: I tried to PM you with my current character writeup. I'm not sure if it went through or not. I'm still getting the hang of these forums.

If you didn't get it let me know and I can send it again. (also if you would prefer to get it a different way, just let me know and I can use an alternate method).
First glance the sheet looks good. Second glance the sheet carries -87 points in disadvantages, rather than the -50 limit. I get a bit careless when it's an extra -5 spent on Quirks, but I'm afraid that an extra -37, half of which is in Primary Attributes... Over half... You've got -67 in Primary Attributes and Secondary Attributes, even before we get to actual disadvantages. Reduce it to -50 (maybe -55 with Quirks) and it'll be good.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:29 PM   #863
yoippari

BTW, Hi everyone who isn't Totem who I've already been PMing with character stuff.

I'm still not 100% sure whats going on at the moment. Is there a page number I should start reading at for the current piece of the adventure?
yoippari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2013, 09:44 PM   #864
pfharlock

Quote:
First glance the sheet looks good. Second glance the sheet carries -87 points in disadvantages, rather than the -50 limit. I get a bit careless when it's an extra -5 spent on Quirks, but I'm afraid that an extra -37, half of which is in Primary Attributes... Over half... You've got -67 in Primary Attributes and Secondary Attributes, even before we get to actual disadvantages. Reduce it to -50 (maybe -55 with Quirks) and it'll be good.
Sorry about that, I didn't know that the attributes counted against the disadvantage limit. I now have -48 points in total disadvantages with 3 quirks, -20 points in disadvantages, and -25 points in attribute subtractions.

The quirks I just kinda made up because they are my characters quirks. If that's not ok let me know, I can easily change them.

(I had to shift f5 it again to get it to update in my browser).

I'm going to try to read through as many of the old posts as I can get through to try to catch myself up on the setting. Otherwise I'm ready to go. Thanks again for letting me play in the game. I'm new to PBP, so I may need a little coaching around ettiquete and conventions :)

Also, I use a spreadsheet to build my character sheets. Here's a link to it if anyone is interested. It's in ods format which is the format that libreoffice uses. Libreoffice is a free download from http://www.libreoffice.org/

and the link to both versions of the character sheet.

http://www.garywatsonsblog.com/wiki/doku.php?id=sourn
pfharlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 12:31 PM   #865
Totem

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoippari View Post
BTW, Hi everyone who isn't Totem who I've already been PMing with character stuff.

I'm still not 100% sure whats going on at the moment. Is there a page number I should start reading at for the current piece of the adventure?
For the current mission start reading at the beginning of Act 5 in the IC thread (page 212, #2116).

For overall backstory... Start here and work on for the backstory about the war. Please remember that your characters have (for whatever reason) already agreed to help fight in this war.
Old 12-11-2013, 12:56 PM   #866
Totem

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfharlock View Post
Sorry about that, I didn't know that the attributes counted against the disadvantage limit. I now have -48 points in total disadvantages with 3 quirks, -20 points in disadvantages, and -25 points in attribute subtractions.

The quirks I just kinda made up because they are my characters quirks. If that's not ok let me know, I can easily change them.

(I had to shift f5 it again to get it to update in my browser).

I'm going to try to read through as many of the old posts as I can get through to try to catch myself up on the setting. Otherwise I'm ready to go. Thanks again for letting me play in the game. I'm new to PBP, so I may need a little coaching around ettiquete and conventions :)
Okay, the sheet works now.

I'll post an intro and if you two want to jump in with a quick introduction of what your characters both look like etc then we can get going again.

Regarding ettiquete and conventions:

Please post any rolls that you make in full, including modifiers (because there are quite a few to keep track of and I will forget them sooner or later). I roll with physical dice, other people roll however they can or want to, and I'm relying on your honesty as to the outcome.

If there is a pause because we're waiting for discussion or ideas and you've got nothing, please post (just once) to say that rather than staying silent. Even if it's just "I'm going with the majority vote here". However much of a pain that might seem, it's a lot worse when we're all waiting and don't know whether you've just missed a day posting or are waiting for everyone else.

I'm fairly flexible with some rules (I haven't memorised the Basic Set yet, so I will forget that they exist sometimes), so if I'm doing anything blatantly wrong, or relying on rules out of context or incorrectly, feel free to point it out. On the other hand if you look through the OOC you'll find some house rules that I keep meaning to write up properly, and those I fairly well have memorised; they mostly relate to stuff like magic and psi, so not too much of a problem for our new characters.

Otherwise... Can't think of anything immediately.
Old 12-11-2013, 01:02 PM   #867
momothefiddler

Quote:
On the other hand if you look through the OOC you'll find some house rules that I keep meaning to write up properly, and those I fairly well have memorised; they mostly relate to stuff like magic and psi, so not too much of a problem for our new characters.
I'm surprised by this statement, so either I don't remember those or I don't remember that they're house rules. Maybe I'll go back and look for them. In the meantime, if I break them, that's why, so feel free to re-remind me I guess.

Astrid 14/14HP, 3/10FP buffs
Jorin 13/13, 9/10, 0/1 ER, 24/24, 3/6, 6/6, 6/6, 6/6 Rings, 6 days since last use of WT
momothefiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 01:25 PM   #868
Totem

Quote:
Originally Posted by momothefiddler View Post
I'm surprised by this statement, so either I don't remember those or I don't remember that they're house rules. Maybe I'll go back and look for them. In the meantime, if I break them, that's why, so feel free to re-remind me I guess.
Like I said, relating to magic or psi. Mostly relating to extra rolls that you need in order to get things working; Michael needs to make psychology rolls in order to interpret mind reading attempts properly, and mages need extra rolls in order to get things like healing working. Like I said, I need to write these up properly.
Old 12-11-2013, 07:30 PM   #869
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Maybe the two new comers just got back from the mission they were on, and are being hurried off to the next one?

Also, have they seen michael's file, or at least been warned about him? The guy's a little jumpy... and paranoid ... and quite unlikely to tell them what his skill set honestly is. And right now more so than ever.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #870
Totem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Maybe the two new comers just got back from the mission they were on, and are being hurried off to the next one?

Also, have they seen michael's file, or at least been warned about him? The guy's a little jumpy... and paranoid ... and quite unlikely to tell them what his skill set honestly is. And right now more so than ever.
They've definitely seen a full sized holograph of Michael, and have had the basics in terms of he's from the Western Harbour, on a mission, he's a telepath. Unless they pushed it further than that, they don't know more about him in that regard.

Tags
pbp, world-jumping, worlds of fire