Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 10-27-2013, 11:09 AM   #801
momothefiddler

Default Re: [OOC] Worlds of Fire

What's Jorin's FP status right now?

Astrid 14/14HP, 3/10FP buffs
Jorin 13/13, 9/10, 0/1 ER, 24/24, 3/6, 6/6, 6/6, 6/6 Rings, 6 days since last use of WT
momothefiddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2013, 11:17 AM   #802
Totem

Quote:
Originally Posted by momothefiddler View Post
What's Jorin's FP status right now?
The stimshot is going to be in his blood for a few hours yet; it'll keep his regular FP regenerating at about 1FP per minute regardless of his level of activity, but only back up to 100% (the 150% was a one-off bonus). This stuff was intended for keeping people active through three day battles if necessary, or doing silly things like running across a country non-stop.
Old 10-27-2013, 11:18 AM   #803
momothefiddler

So he's still only somewhere around 2-3, right?

EDIT: Never mind. The only applicable spell requires IQ 13.

Jorin 13/13, 9/10, 0/1 ER, 24/24, 3/6, 6/6, 6/6, 6/6 Rings, 6 days since last use of WT

Last edited by momothefiddler; 10-27-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Old 10-27-2013, 12:42 PM   #804
momothefiddler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Totem View Post
[OOC: the slightly awkward part being that they didn't actually meet Wolf on either of those occasions: Petrik Wulf was already dead by the time you heard about him, and you never actually met Patrick Wolf on the previous mission, despite plans to do so. It might have been better to get John involved and quote from the first part of this campaign (against Chu'dam, where Wolf was a police officer), or the verger who helped against the Necromancers. Or for that matter whatever form Jorin met Wolf in his homeworld in, since he was there as well, though probably unnoticed at the time. I'm going to assume the question is appropriately modified.]
Oh. Yes. Drat.

An appropriate modification, then. Sorry about that.

Old 10-28-2013, 12:23 PM   #805
Totem

Quote:
So he's still only somewhere around 2-3, right?

EDIT: Never mind. The only applicable spell requires IQ 13.
Just to make it clear: IQ requirements and the like only apply for the moment that the spell is cast, when using Wild Magic. Anything that could knock your IQ up temporarily will provide an option for using this.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:35 PM   #806
momothefiddler

Even magic?

Old 10-28-2013, 01:44 PM   #807
Totem

Quote:
Even magic?
It's Wildcard Magic, so in theory yes. Unless someone points me at a rule that doesn't allow it, I'd have to go with it working. The fact that you would need to cast two spells in order to get the effect that you want... You'd probably also have to count the IQ requirement as another prerequisite (regardless of actually meeting it temporarily). The one catch with this is that the first spell for increasing IQ that I came across can't allow you to increase IQ above your own, so it's useless casting it on yourself.
Old 10-28-2013, 01:55 PM   #808
momothefiddler

Hm... It appears that Boost Intelligence could work, though only for 1-second spells. The item version of a Wisdom enchantment also doesn't seem to be subject to the <= caster's IQ rule, though it's not exactly readily accessible. And, of course, Great Wish, but that's an actual attribute increase and thus affects everything normally.

Permanent Forgetfulness takes an hour to cast, though, so no luck there. Good to know for future reference, though!

Old 10-29-2013, 06:52 PM   #809
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

I will be scare for posting until about the 10th of november. hope this doesn't hold anything up.

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 12:34 PM   #810
Totem

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I will be scare for posting until about the 10th of november. hope this doesn't hold anything up.
Can someone tell me what's going on here? I've noticed this before, but when ericthered goes offline for more than a couple of days the entire PbP forum seems to grind to a virtual standstill. I'm guessing that it's something more than just one person vanishing...

Tags
pbp, world-jumping, worlds of fire