Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-15-2022, 10:39 AM   #91
SID
 
SID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Nar Shaddaa
Default Re: SID's Star Wars Campaign (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
'What? We've left the moon?' Togosho thinks, he checks his inertial compass for their location and distance traveled.

He sits back on 'the elevator'.

"You will explain this now. I've blindly followed your instructions on faith since last night, but this is now gone far beyond ridiculous."
“You’ve followed us and you’re safe and sound. I’d listen to your friends.

Friendly advice: After 30 minutes this place won’t be safe for anyone (including me). Don’t bother with your sensors, we’re not amateurs.

Guards, take care of the guests (in the good sense)”

Ziel winks and presses a button on her seat’s control panel, the floor below her opens and she’s out in a flash.
__________________
STAR WARS powered by GURPS, is now recruiting.
Join the game today in the Play by Post section of the forum.
SID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2022, 12:01 PM   #92
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: SID's Star Wars Campaign (IC)

Togosho stifles what was almost a growl, but he stops himself and pictures an endless sea of turbulent water growing still

'Patience' he admonishes himself. 'Contemplate' he orders. 'Bridle passion until the time comes to unleash it. Match the storm, do not raise it... Patience'

The sea in his mind becomes a perfect plane.

Behind his armor, Togosho's features soften, and the tightness he held in his muscles relaxes as takes his dip and follows the instructions.


-

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 02-15-2022 at 04:09 PM.
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2022, 08:02 PM   #93
SID
 
SID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Nar Shaddaa
Default Re: SID's Star Wars Campaign (IC)

The 3 of you dip in the tank of ooze, and submerge into the darkest of depths, you can feel the intense drop of temperature, your suits barely managing to adjust to the sudden change. PURR1T0’s sacrifice scarcely keeps Bibingui safe, managing nonetheless to keep her alive, as its power starts dropping quickly.

Devoid of destination, the shackles pull you out of the dark, and as you wipe the ooze from your eyes you find yourself in a dome of white frozen sands. All this took place to fulfill what Bibingui's and Togosho once learned through their masters (which they both recall at the time touch the ground):

“By the white sand that touches the wind,
Your footprints shall never come back.
A path of silence,
In the deepest of nights:
A path of dumb sorrows that dives
Into valiance.”


The world ahead of you is desolated, nothing but sands and icy winds. The sky is nightly, adorned with airglow and stars you don’t recognize. It’s you the guards and the horizon.

Togosho feels there’s something wrong with the place, as if it was forsaken by the force. You all realize your voice can be barely heard, as the systems that aid your communications seem malfunction. Regardless, the guards manage to take you to your final destination, a place which looks like a large abyss devouring the horizons you previously witnessed.

You all step out neck-deep into the most spectacular canvas of shadows one can imagine, and a formation that looks like a spire magically appears before you: The “DOBRA NENOLEEYA” (English: “I am outside”).

The guards help you remove your shackles and they walk you through several chambers in which your bodies (armor, equipment, etc.) are rinsed. Once you’re out you find a thin bridge of metal-like material ahead of you, it leads to a large room/door in the middle of the chamber you’re currently at. Actually, that’s the only thing you can see. A silver-colored protocol droid with red eyes is waiting for you at the door.

The guard in command removes his helmet and waves to the droid at the end of the bridge.
“Go ahead bois”, says the guard; you notice he’s an old Chiss.

Temperature is normal, and the pressure is relatively acceptable.
The force can’t be felt, at all.
Your sensors/systems aren’t working properly…
__________________
STAR WARS powered by GURPS, is now recruiting.
Join the game today in the Play by Post section of the forum.
SID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 08:15 AM   #94
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: SID's Star Wars Campaign (IC)

Togosho proceeds to the door. They are obviously expected.

He says to the protocol droid...

"You may announce the arrival of Vanta Black, Bibingui: Beater of Systems, and Klurt'ogosh'oammeo of the Jensaarai."
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2022, 06:42 PM   #95
PumpkinLorica
 
PumpkinLorica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Default Re: SID's Star Wars Campaign (IC)

YES! WE ARE MAD AND GOT GUNS!
__________________
/ᐠ. 。.ᐟ\ᵐᵉᵒʷˎˊ˗
PumpkinLorica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 10:09 PM   #96
SID
 
SID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Nar Shaddaa
Default Re: SID's Star Wars Campaign (IC)

As you approach, you identify the automaton at the end of the bridge is a CYBOT GALACTICA’s 3P0 protocol droid. It takes a good look at you, and after listening to your statements it replies:

“I presume you all have your ID cards, please present your ID cards.”

You recall it’s the cards employed at the hotel, the ones Ziel told you to keep. The droid takes the cards, reads them and hands them back to you.

“Oh, the champions it is. Arrangements for you have been made, I understand you don’t speak Huttese. It’s customary to carry our trade in the HUTT language, but it’s been agreed to provide assist you this time. You will be meeting with master CLOSURE; she’ll be behind this door. Please don’t move. Don't take long to enter the room that will appear before you.”

The droid operates some mechanisms on the door, and the place starts shaking. You discover your standing on some sort of platform, the space around you shifts as if you were inside of a cylinder. You can tell you are being transported somewhere else.

You see a red door, and then, that door is painted black.

@Bibingui, please roll for klutz, hopefully you won’t lose a hand or your head.

When the door opens, you find a room illuminated by dim bluish and viridescent light that doesn’t reach the ground; each step you take knocks the floor like a hammer beating an anvil, the sound is deep. You don’t get to see any walls, for the whole place is black, it feels like you’ll fade away.

The room sounds like this.
__________________
STAR WARS powered by GURPS, is now recruiting.
Join the game today in the Play by Post section of the forum.
SID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 10:32 PM   #97
PumpkinLorica
 
PumpkinLorica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Default Re: SID's Star Wars Campaign (IC)

Oh!!! I want to see this room better! (*´Д`*) Bibingui asks purrito to light the way. Also I spent a DP to save Bubingui’s limbs.
__________________
/ᐠ. 。.ᐟ\ᵐᵉᵒʷˎˊ˗

Last edited by PumpkinLorica; 02-18-2022 at 10:39 PM.
PumpkinLorica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2022, 10:37 PM   #98
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: SID's Star Wars Campaign (IC)

As Togosho enters, he says...

"It is strangely soothing."
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2022, 10:34 PM   #99
PumpkinLorica
 
PumpkinLorica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Default Re: SID's Star Wars Campaign (IC)

Bibingui looks for the source of the sound.
__________________
/ᐠ. 。.ᐟ\ᵐᵉᵒʷˎˊ˗
PumpkinLorica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2022, 12:34 AM   #100
SID
 
SID's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Nar Shaddaa
Default Re: SID's Star Wars Campaign (IC)

PURR1T0 helps Bibingui light the path ahead.

You learn a thick mist covers the floor, and that light can’t get through it. However, you can temporarily blow the mist away with your hands, this reveals that the floor is made of the same “metallic” material as the bridge you crossed moments ago. Slit-like apertures in the ground are the source of the mist; it seems some sort of liquid flows beneath, it gives a faint red glow.

Tracking the sound is easy, it takes you to the center of the room, where you find a sinkhole. Its perimeter is adorned with skulls that have markings resembling an ancient language (the equivalent of Sumerian markings, to give you an idea). The skulls pertain to different (sentient) species: Humanoids, Kaleesh, Devaronian, etc. Roots seem to come out from several skulls; everything is made of the same material. The sinkhole hosts spiral stairs that go deep down. Walking down the stairs, you get a closer look at the walls, they look like those of a catacomb ("adorned" with skulls). The mist gets thinner as you go down, while the red glow increases to the point you can see. The walls and the skulls are partially covered with “roots” (this is reminiscent of certain buildings in the Khmer temple, IRL).

At the bottom of the sinkhole, in the middle of the chamber, you find a girl working in a blacksmith’s forge. Her face is familiar, it’s the girl you met in the club, but her hair is silvery/white. She's in good form. She’s striking a red-hot sword, each blow lighting the room up with sparkles of "iron" that fly away.

By the time you reach the bottom, she's finished sharpening the sword. The stairs end right before her, she's facing you, she speaks:

"SO THAT THEY CAN JUDGE THEIR OWN ACTS OBJECTIVELY.
OF WAKING UP THE SLEEPING CONSCIENCES, IT'S TIME.
"

OOC: Behold! For you are in the presence of Master Closure.
__________________
STAR WARS powered by GURPS, is now recruiting.
Join the game today in the Play by Post section of the forum.
SID is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
advantage of the week, cyberpunk, magic, martial arts, pbp, powers, sci fi, spaceships, star wars

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.