Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2020, 06:05 PM   #1
emigio
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Pizza & Spaghetti
Default item enhancers and Cheat!

2) on a post that i am not able to find anymore munchkinman did a list of when you can use cheat!. in one of his points he said that it can be used for steed,hireling and ship enhancers that have a gold value. Did he forget item enhancers? so can be cheat! used for item enhancers with gold value?

Last edited by Andrew Hackard; 05-23-2020 at 06:26 PM.
emigio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 06:28 PM   #2
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor
 
Andrew Hackard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Austin, TX
Default Re: item enhancers and Cheat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emigio View Post
2) on a post that i am not able to find anymore munchkinman did a list of when you can use cheat!. in one of his points he said that it can be used for steed,hireling and ship enhancers that have a gold value. Did he forget item enhancers? so can be cheat! used for item enhancers with gold value?
The post describing the uses of the Cheat! card is linked here.

Cheat! cannot be used to put a standalone Item Enhancer into play, even if that enhancer has a Gold Piece value. That is my official ruling.
__________________
Andrew Hackard, Munchkin Line Editor
If you have a question that isn't getting answered, we have a thread for that.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 04:22 PM   #3
kotya
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Default Re: item enhancers and Cheat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew Hackard View Post
Cheat! cannot be used to put a standalone Item Enhancer into play, even if that enhancer has a Gold Piece value. That is my official ruling.
What about Steed/Ship/Hireling/whatever Enhancers? Can they be put into play with Cheat!?
kotya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2021, 07:36 PM   #4
emigio
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Pizza & Spaghetti
Default Re: item enhancers and Cheat!

yes, look at this thread http://forums.sjgames.com/showthread.php?t=1044
emigio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 08:57 AM   #5
kotya
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Default Re: item enhancers and Cheat!

Thanks. That is a pretty old thread, so things might be changed since 2009. E.g. it is said there that Cheat! lets use a Steed/Ship/Hireling Enhancer on its own, and we know from FAQ that "Steed Enhancers work and are played just like Item Enhancers", so one can make a conclusion that Item Enhancers also can be played with Cheat!, but they can't. That's why it would be good to have an official confirmation.
kotya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 09:02 AM   #6
Mr_Draco
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Default Re: item enhancers and Cheat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotya View Post
Thanks. That is a pretty old thread, so things might be changed since 2009. E.g. it is said there that Cheat! lets use a Steed/Ship/Hireling Enhancer on its own, and we know from FAQ that "Steed Enhancers work and are played just like Item Enhancers", so one can make a conclusion that Item Enhancers also can be played with Cheat!, but they can't. That's why it would be good to have an official confirmation.
The reverse conclusion can also be made.

Since Steed/Ship/Hireling Enhancers work just like Item Enhancers, if Item Enhancers with a gold value can't be played with a Cheat card then neither can Steed/Ship/Hireling Enhancers.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 10:28 AM   #7
Nobunga
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Location: College Park, Maryland
Default Re: item enhancers and Cheat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotya View Post
Thanks. That is a pretty old thread, so things might be changed since 2009.
This is true. It's why I don't trust any threads from before the first round of Rule Changes in 2010.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotya View Post
That's why it would be good to have an official confirmation.
Nobunga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 09:05 PM   #8
emigio
 
Join Date: Nov 2019
Location: Pizza & Spaghetti
Default Re: item enhancers and Cheat!

guys i did this thread because of that old thread (andrew split my original thread so it could be not so obvious). After Andrew affermation i can say that item enhancers are an exception of the enhancers in general (that is the purpose of this thread). Said that feel free to ask him again
emigio is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 01:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.