Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Old 08-31-2022, 11:44 AM   #831
the_matrix_walker

Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

"While I did like to notion of leading the knights to their quarry to do their own dirty work, I suppose it would be more reliable to intercede and attend the unveiling ourselves and secure the prisoner."

When Vassarious takes the Ice Orc form, are there any icy powers in the template he picked up as the base? That may come in handy in keeping this guy frozen...
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2022, 07:23 AM   #832
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
"While I did like to notion of leading the knights to their quarry to do their own dirty work, I suppose it would be more reliable to intercede and attend the unveiling ourselves and secure the prisoner."
"Good, I'll gather up the equipment and hopefully I can make it back in time."

V just has a suit of armour, and they were wearing it, right? I'll go fetch my rifle, cutlass, construction foam (enough to seal several doors shut), and explosives (enough to breach a whole in the side of an average building).
TGLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 07:33 AM   #833
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Halcyone goes back to the Cave to pick up her gear. Will she be doing anything to make it look less out-of-place?

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2022, 08:54 AM   #834
TGLS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Halcyone goes back to the Cave to pick up her gear. Will she be doing anything to make it look less out-of-place?
Well I was kind of hoping the barrel of construction foam would resemble a barrel of something else. Maybe beer.

Failing that I'll look for a barrel to hide the foam barrel in. It should be denser than water, so maybe I could hide other items in there too?
Quote:
[505] 22-09-02 15:52:04 BST
Scrounging for barrels
3d6 <= 16
5 + 4 + 2 = 11 ... success
Would I have happened to have brought along anything like a backpack? Doesn't need to be huge, just enough to carry 30 lb. of explosives and gauss clips.

Does the rifle happen to have a folding stock? UT says no but maybe? How difficult would it be to stuff the rifle down a pant leg? Maybe it would be a little easier given that the leg isn't full of leg.

Are there rules about openly displaying weapons in public? Not sure if the cutlass would cause a problem.

Could I get some clothes that might do better to help conceal items underneath them, like a long and flowing dress? Maybe I could hold a rifle at the ready while walking around.
Old 09-06-2022, 01:56 PM   #835
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well I was kind of hoping the barrel of construction foam would resemble a barrel of something else. Maybe beer.
rolling IQ... 11... sure, you can have it look like a barrel. Or two barrels.

Quote:
Would I have happened to have brought along anything like a backpack? Doesn't need to be huge, just enough to carry 30 lb. of explosives and gauss clips.
You brought a backpack. You had to walk through the door with all that stuff.

Quote:
Does the rifle happen to have a folding stock? UT says no but maybe? How difficult would it be to stuff the rifle down a pant leg? Maybe it would be a little easier given that the leg isn't full of leg.
lets roll for it... 50% chance...No. Sorry. make sure to bring it next mission.

Quote:
Are there rules about openly displaying weapons in public? Not sure if the cutlass would cause a problem.
No, weapons go everywhere.

Quote:
Could I get some clothes that might do better to help conceal items underneath them, like a long and flowing dress? Maybe I could hold a rifle at the ready while walking around.
Or long and flowing robes... yeah, that will work. The two dominant biomes are desert and Artic, so bulking up on clothes works.

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
Old 09-06-2022, 10:21 PM   #836
TGLS

Quote:
rolling IQ... 11... sure, you can have it look like a barrel. Or two barrels.
Let's go with a barrel.

Quote:
You brought a backpack. You had to walk through the door with all that stuff.
Cool, I suppose it matches local backpacks (though I suppose a barrel and a backpack might be a bit much.

Quote:
lets roll for it... 50% chance...No. Sorry. make sure to bring it next mission.

No, weapons go everywhere.

Or long and flowing robes... yeah, that will work. The two dominant biomes are desert and Artic, so bulking up on clothes works.
Right, so I'll need to make a Holdout roll at -4+X (where X is the clothing bonus) for the rifle. Can the easier to conceal minineedler just be lumped in under the same roll? A Nun's habit was a +5, so that's probably the ceiling.
Quote:
[506] 22-09-07 05:16:53 BST
Holdout MoS
-3d6 +11
- 1 - 6 - 5 + 11 = -1
Looks like a pretty bare success, then again I don't think I'm being searched.

Maybe an Acting roll to get across town? Trundling across town carrying a big ol' barrel, barely breaking a sweat might come off as a little odd.
Quote:
[507] 22-09-07 05:21:16 BST
Acting
3d6 <= 15
5 + 1 + 6 = 12 ... success
Old 09-07-2022, 08:56 AM   #837
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

Halcyone decides rolling the barrel will look most natural, and once into the more populated area of the cave, starts rolling the barrel rather than carrying it. Its still a fair distance. Where is Halcyone bringing the stuff?

As Halcyone is walking back, more orcs trickle into the granary... including one who seems to be the leader.

Old 09-07-2022, 10:20 AM   #838
TGLS

Quote:
Halcyone decides rolling the barrel will look most natural, and once into the more populated area of the cave, starts rolling the barrel rather than carrying it. Its still a fair distance. Where is Halcyone bringing the stuff?
I suppose V told me about the granary? I'll get into the general area of there and then contact V for further instruction.
Old 09-07-2022, 09:55 PM   #839
the_matrix_walker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I suppose V told me about the granary? I'll get into the general area of there and then contact V for further instruction.
Yes, Vassarious slipped out and took orcish form to update you on the granary and returned to watch for... exactly this development!

The elemental watches over the group and examines the interaction to finish evaluating the social dynamic, as to the leader and his lieutenants and who might be harboring their prize.

-

Last edited by the_matrix_walker; 09-08-2022 at 03:50 PM. Reason: fixed verbiage
the_matrix_walker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2022, 09:31 AM   #840
ericthered
Hero of Democracy

The leader listens to the groups discussion about unveiling their "prize". After about 15 minutes of back and forth, he interjects, and everyone falls into line: They will be exposing just the face of the prisoner, and they will be doing it tonight. He assigns them to come up with strategies for negotiating with it, down to the specific words.

It appears they are waiting to get the wording right, but also for an allied knight-shaman to show up to roll back the ice.

Halcyone arrives near the granary.

Last edited by ericthered; 09-09-2022 at 09:36 AM.