Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Board and Card Games > Car Wars

Old 02-12-2021, 01:27 PM   #1
Overload

Default Car Builder master table?

I was thinking,
I'm and old Car Wars player, used to constructing cars via pencil and paper.
With the new game, instead of flipping through hundreds of cards to create a car, why not have a master table listing the stats of each card making it easier to see everything in one place?
It wouldn't list everything about a card, so you'd still need the physical cards to play. I'd expect it to list the keywords, numbers and colors?

Possible? Useful? Legal?
Overload is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 05:49 PM   #2
JimTullis

Default Re: Car Builder master table?

I've been keeping a personal database of card spoilers as we've seen them. It has all the card data, so that I can use it for doing builds.

I will not be sharing it due to the fact that card data is IP of Steve Jackson Games.

If SJ Games want to share a list like this, I would appreciate it since it would save me some typing when we get the cards.
JimTullis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 07:23 AM   #3
kjamma4

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimTullis View Post
I've been keeping a personal database of card .
Yeah, I dropped the name, set, type, and quantity of the cards in a spreadsheet yesterday and will update with more info as the actual cards get in hand.

Designing with cards should be pretty easy but the spreadsheet will make it portable too.
kjamma4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2021, 03:15 PM   #4
43Supporter

Much the same here. How aboot thoot.... >;)

79er

The Jeremy Clarkson Debate Course:
1) I'm Right. 2) You're Wrong. 3) The End.
43Supporter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 11:30 PM   #5
JimTullis

I've got all the cards names and sets entered in my database except for the cards from the core box.

The only ones i have seen are Armored Beer Refrigerator and a few that are shown as illustrations in the rules.

Unlike the other rule sheets, the core rules don't have a list. Has anyone got a list of the 50 build cards?

I've also transposed some of the names. All the Light, Standard, Heavy, and Super Heavy (also experimental,and simple vs complex) got moved to the end of the name so that all the MGs get grouped together as well as all the Plating and Claddings etc.
JimTullis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2021, 12:38 PM   #6
steam_bucky

I intend to have the cards split in to 4 folders so people can browse, and build cars on a game day BUT I know I won't lend the folders out to people. I don't want people losing my cards. I would like people to build their cars in advance.

I would LOVE a master list Or an app. Happy to pay for that. If they don't I can see people just making their own lists or apps.
steam_bucky is offline   Reply With Quote