Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2022, 04:13 PM   #1251
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Annoyingly, the undead pot-dweller ducks the sword swing despite its fumbling.

(OC: the skeleton has Unliving and DR 2, HP 11 -1, Unnatural, Dodge 11 -1.)
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2022, 10:45 PM   #1252
PumpkinLorica
 
PumpkinLorica's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2021
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Gathika takes defensive stance (*ω`*)
__________________
/ᐠ. 。.ᐟ\ᵐᵉᵒʷˎˊ˗
PumpkinLorica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 09:40 AM   #1253
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Watch out!

Bain quickly readies his bow and delivers a DWA, the first shot is aimed to the skull of the skeleton and the second one to its vitals.

Attack 1
Successful Fast draw & Ready (QS)
Shooting
DWA 10 (15, 3, -7, -1: SL, ACC, SKULL, QS) 10
Hide: 3D6 → 10(5 +4 +1)

DAMAGE 1 vs DR 4
2d6+4 (2) IMP
3+1+4-2= 6 * 4 IMP
24 HP of damage.

Attack 2
Since the first attack stops the enemy, Bain readies his next shot, but he stops. It would have been a hit for a 30 HP of damage.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2022, 01:10 PM   #1254
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Smashing the skull of the soaked skeleton makes it stop attacking immediately and slump over, half out of the pot.

(OC: combat over.)

Examining the skeletons in the room, not just the recent attacker, reveals the skeleton were not human buy humanoid. Maybe this is what became of the hobgoblins?
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2022, 11:31 AM   #1255
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Can telrith tell if the bubbling liquid is dangerous to touch or if it might be valuable? Are the supplies used to make it likely to be nearby? How is the pot heated, and how long has it been un-attended?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 10:13 AM   #1256
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Can telrith tell if the bubbling liquid is dangerous to touch or if it might be valuable? Are the supplies used to make it likely to be nearby? How is the pot heated, and how long has it been un-attended?
The liquid is certainly dangerous to touch, because it is boiling hot. It could be valuable to a sage, if you managed to get some of it into a container that preserved it. You do not see the ingredients for it in the room, they might be somewhere else. The pot is heated by a fire under it, several logs of firewood under a grille. You have no idea how ago it was lit, but the firewood looks half burnt to ash.
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 02:41 PM   #1257
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajardoor View Post
(...) The pot is heated by a fire under it, several logs of firewood under a grille. You have no idea how ago it was lit, but the firewood looks half burnt to ash.
Look at the fire, it seems the goblins are somehow cooperating with the necromancers. Keep your guard up.

Bain uses observation (13+1) 6 to search the area, he is carefully searching clues regarding the necromancers*. Once the party is done investigating, he gets ready to delve, Bain recovers his arrow and camouflages (17) 8 himself.

*If we have to check another room during this process, I am including a traps (14) 12 roll.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 10:12 AM   #1258
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Ok, so to really interact more with the gunk Telrith needs Hidden Lore (Undead) or maybe Alchemy. Or to make his secret rolls by more. Telrith considers putting some effort into studying the undead when they get back in town as they continue to face more and more of them.

He looks around for a safe place to dump the gunk. That giant pot is probably worth something.

How are the six sets of manacles fastened into the wall?


What are the walls made out of (will see through earth work on them?)
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 05:45 PM   #1259
ajardoor
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Bain uses observation (13+1) 6 to search the area, he is carefully searching clues regarding the necromancers*. Once the party is done investigating, he gets ready to delve, Bain recovers his arrow and camouflages (17) 8 himself.

*If we have to check another room during this process, I am including a traps (14) 12 roll.
This area, at least, is clear. Guess whoever set up this lab did not want to take a risk with booby-trapping their delicate equipment. He's pretty sure nobody other than humanoids have been here. The necromancers could be human...or used it be...

The arrow he shot into the skeleton broke when it impacted the skull. Darn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Ok, so to really interact more with the gunk Telrith needs Hidden Lore (Undead) or maybe Alchemy. Or to make his secret rolls by more. Telrith considers putting some effort into studying the undead when they get back in town as they continue to face more and more of them.

He looks around for a safe place to dump the gunk. That giant pot is probably worth something.

How are the six sets of manacles fastened into the wall?

What are the walls made out of (will see through earth work on them?)
Terlich could try to get a glass or stone container to hold the hot gunk and preserve it for later.
(OC: Scrounging roll could find a suitable container in the lab. Please note that skills like Alchemy and Hazardous Materials will come in handy if the container gets jostled.)

The manacles are bolted into the wall. Pulling them out would done best with a crowbar.
(OC: Forced Entry? The hardware is DR 6 and HP 10.)

The walls, floor and ceiling of the room are solid stone. More to the point, the current room is probably dozens of yards away from other rooms or even the surface of the hillside.
__________________
My blog: http://tabletoprpg333.home.blog
ajardoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 04:20 PM   #1260
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: [DFRPG] Crawl! IC

Quote:
The arrow he shot into the skeleton broke when it impacted the skull. Darn.
Alright, Bain keeps the arrowhead.

Bain wipes the arrowhead with a cloth, wraps it and puts it in a pocket. He then speaks to his friends (Leadership 12/10):

Let us blow away the mists of hardship and darkness, let us have the riddles reveal an even better tomorrow.

If there is not anything left to do here, he proceeds with caution to the "next level", with the party.
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dfrpg, dungeon fantasy, magic, martial arts, riddle of steel, sharpshooter, sierra hotel adventurers, spells, swordlogic

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:40 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.