Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip > The Fantasy Trip: House Rules

Old 05-08-2022, 04:33 AM   #1
hcobb

Default Non-self powered flaming sword

Exactly as per Flaming Weapon at ITL 152, but it costs one fatigue per minute making it impracticable for use as a light source. Same enchantment procedure as the self-powered version, but the enchantment only takes one week and so the base cost is only $2k.
Old 05-08-2022, 05:04 PM   #2
Bill_in_IN

Default Re: Non-self powered flaming sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcobb View Post
Exactly as per Flaming Weapon at ITL 152, but it costs one fatigue per minute making it impracticable for use as a light source. Same enchantment procedure as the self-powered version, but the enchantment only takes one week and so the base cost is only $2k.
The table on ITL page 152 states that Flaming Weapon costs $10,000 and takes 5 weeks to make. I assume that this is the version that costs 1 ST per turn to use and the self-powered, 0 ST version, would cost $100,000.
Bill_in_IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 11:03 PM   #3
Skarg

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcobb View Post
That sounds exactly like the kind of thing certain players would propose. Expensive item has minor disadvantage, so it's massively less expensive (for me). Combine with how Legacy boosted the damage on these and trololol: 1d+1 stacking damage for $2000. Such a deal.
Skarg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 08:31 AM   #4
warhorse11h

Per my reading of the flaming weapon enchantment, it doesn't require any ST to use it on the weapon, simply command it to flame.
The suggested enchantment for this variant in effect functions to limit the spell on the item and would increase the cost, not reduce it.

Last edited by warhorse11h; 05-11-2022 at 08:38 AM. Reason: clarification
warhorse11h is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2022, 09:34 AM   #5
Bill_in_IN

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse11h View Post
Per my reading of the flaming weapon enchantment, it doesn't require any ST to use it on the weapon, simply command it to flame.
The suggested enchantment for this variant in effect functions to limit the spell on the item and would increase the cost, not reduce it.
That was my understanding of it per the way that we played under Classic TFT rules. At least, that what seems to come out of my memory of it.
Bill_in_IN is offline   Reply With Quote