Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 06-11-2021, 01:54 AM   #21
Steve Plambeck

Default Re: How many spells can an Octapus Mage cast per second?

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcobb View Post
The balance errata would go here at ITL 29:

[When each figure makes its first attack against the pentagram,] "the wizard who drew it must make a 3-die saving roll against IQ to see if he drew it correctly."

Alternatively the GM can rule that only the first hostile attack forces the roll.
Indeed that would make things more consistent. Although I sorta slightly kinda like the idea of first proving it was drawn correctly as being one test (maybe 4 vs IQ?) distinct from the tests to see if something can break a working and proven one. Although the latter if retained could have some really weird consequences. Like it stands up to a Greater Demon, then collapses when the illusion of a mouse tries to run through it. I suppose we could always rationalize that as the Demon weakened it, and the mouse illusion was the straw that broke the camel's back?

As a point of clarification, I assume we all mean "attacking" in these cases is a generalization for anything attempting to violate a pentagram's borders, even unconsciously or accidentally.

Be a cool variation if a pentagram could be set to allow magical things in, but not out. You draw it, toss an old throw rug over it, and voila you've set a trap for any magical creature passing through the room :)
Old 06-11-2021, 04:42 AM   #22
hcobb

I suspect there is a Hexagram article to be made of why exactly huge Pentagrams are made at such great expense when they fall over so quickly?
Old 06-11-2021, 10:07 AM   #23
Senturian

Use 2 inside each other the odds of the Wizard becoming one with the floor is drastically reduced.
Senturian is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
octapus, tft