Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > The Fantasy Trip

Old 05-12-2021, 08:55 AM   #11
phiwum

Default Re: Dragon hunts and nesting habits

Yes, the dragon's eye view is a good point. I was thinking a dragon could go fetch a snack in about an hour to an hour and a half. That gives scant time for a party to make much distance and they can be seen from the air. They'd probably be better off planning an attack at the lair than being caught out in the open.

I haven't decided yet whether there are guards in place. My dragon will be on the top of a round tower. I could place a trap door covered with a weight at the top of the stairs. I was planning on having the stair well be a convenient toilet, with the stairs below covered with slick guano. I guess the poor bastard will have to take the time to clear and open the trap door whenever nature calls.
phiwum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2021, 09:25 AM   #12
phiwum

Default Re: Dragon hunts and nesting habits

One obvious precaution that I didn't think of initially is that the dragon can take an initial flight to try to spot raiders before going off for a petit dejeuner. Of course, the party may be well hidden and waiting, but an IQ 20 dragon is pretty good at spotting a party in hiding.
phiwum is online now   Reply With Quote