Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 12-08-2020, 08:36 PM   #1
Decadence

Default Godzilla: Final Wars

So a few friends and I have been pondering ideas of some movies to convert into a campaign. Godzilla came up. Any advice on how to get started? I'm more curious about statting the Kaiju, the various array. I do not have access to any old Sourcebook. Strictly 4e.
Decadence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 10:00 PM   #2
zoncxs

Default Re: Godzilla: Final Wars

This depends on what you are doing. Are the PCs playing the monsters? If yes then stat them like normal characters and just treat them as a different power scale as described in gurps Supers.

If they are going to be people then don't worry about stating the monsters cause people can kill them anyways.
zoncxs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 10:26 PM   #3
JulianLW

Check this out:

https://www.prismnet.com/~woodward/d7/ggodzilla.html
JulianLW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2020, 11:23 PM   #4
AlexanderHowl

Horror gives suggestions for kaiju. In general, they are M-scale threats in the terminology of Supers, as they are capable of fighting entire armies with a reasonable chance of victory, so they should probably be a minimum of 3,200 CP. The 'average' kaiju would likely have ST 20 (SM+6, -60%) [40], Basic Move+30 [150]; Super ST+28 (SM+6, -60%; Super Effort, +300%) [1232], Injury Tolerance (Damage Reduction /10,000; Cosmic, Round damage down, +50%) [900], Regeneration (Very Fast; FP Only, +0%) [100], Regeneration (Fast; Radiation Only, -60%) [20], Regeneration (Regular) [25], Super Jump 6 [60], Unkillable 1 [50], etc. Solutions are research projects to determine unique vulnerabilities, armies of superhumans, or other kaiju.
AlexanderHowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2020, 11:54 AM   #5
Decadence

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHowl View Post
Horror gives suggestions for kaiju. In general, they are M-scale threats in the terminology of Supers, as they are capable of fighting entire armies with a reasonable chance of victory, so they should probably be a minimum of 3,200 CP. The 'average' kaiju would likely have ST 20 (SM+6, -60%) [40], Basic Move+30 [150]; Super ST+28 (SM+6, -60%; Super Effort, +300%) [1232], Injury Tolerance (Damage Reduction /10,000; Cosmic, Round damage down, +50%) [900], Regeneration (Very Fast; FP Only, +0%) [100], Regeneration (Fast; Radiation Only, -60%) [20], Regeneration (Regular) [25], Super Jump 6 [60], Unkillable 1 [50], etc. Solutions are research projects to determine unique vulnerabilities, armies of superhumans, or other kaiju.
Thank you! This and the link provided above are just what I need.
Decadence is offline   Reply With Quote