Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 06-04-2012, 11:40 PM   #1
JDitoyr

Default Safe houses

My GM and I were discussing the game we're playing, and we both agree that a "base of operation" would be an awesome addition, but we can't find where there are rules for the creation and purchase of such a thing.

I'm now set on the daunting task of going through all my books, because we both know that somewhere there *has* to be rules for a safe house, and how many points it would cost, I was hoping that someone here would be able to point me into the right direction so that I can actually get some sleep in the near future.
JDitoyr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 11:51 PM   #2
vierasmarius

Default Re: Safe houses

The option that springs to mind is the Headquarters chapter of Supers (pg 85). It discusses a few different ways to represent a base of operations. Signature Gear can buy a safe house appropriate to the Status paid for (for example, 5 cp gives a base equivalent to a Status 1 home). If the character already has a high Status, a single Perk grants a safe house appropriate to his Status -3. So a Status 4 individual could get the same Status 1 base for 1 cp instead of 5. Or, a Patron can provide a suitable headquarters, though in that case it may not be under player control. All of these bases are as appropriate to the Tech Level. Supers goes into more depth on base staff, facilities and special properties. It's geared more towards Superhero hideouts than realistic headquarters, but with some tweaking you and your GM may find it fits the bill.
vierasmarius is offline   Reply With Quote