Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 04-30-2021, 02:03 AM   #1
Whitelaughter

Default Discord for Rites from Demonic Lesser WordBound?

canon, demons can take Discord for extra cps, and some attunements expressly allow taking Discord to help pay for them (frex when gaining Sorcery via Infernal Pact).

So my question: can lesser WordBound charge Discord for their Rites?

There are a couple of advantages to this. Firstly, Rites are hideously overpriced for what they give you, so this makes them more tempting; secondly this allows the WordBound to further their Princes' Word among other Words, humans and even ethereals (frex a Servitor of Andre could charge Lust/1, of Haagenti Gluttony/1 etc).

But is there canon for/against?
Whitelaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2021, 04:17 PM   #2
thorr-kan

Default Re: Discord for Rites from Demonic Lesser WordBound?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitelaughter View Post
canon, demons can take Discord for extra cps, and some attunements expressly allow taking Discord to help pay for them (frex when gaining Sorcery via Infernal Pact).

So my question: can lesser WordBound charge Discord for their Rites?

There are a couple of advantages to this. Firstly, Rites are hideously overpriced for what they give you, so this makes them more tempting; secondly this allows the WordBound to further their Princes' Word among other Words, humans and even ethereals (frex a Servitor of Andre could charge Lust/1, of Haagenti Gluttony/1 etc).

But is there canon for/against?
I don't think so?

Discord comes from acting against your dissonance condition(s) and from Superiors, inflicted as a punishment. I seem to recall something requiring access to a Servitor's Heart to do so. But I have no cite.
thorr-kan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2021, 06:36 AM   #3
Whitelaughter

Default Re: Discord for Rites from Demonic Lesser WordBound?

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorr-kan View Post
I don't think so?

Discord comes from acting against your dissonance condition(s) and from Superiors, inflicted as a punishment. I seem to recall something requiring access to a Servitor's Heart to do so. But I have no cite.
Nah, as said, there are specific examples given where discord is accepted to pay for Attunements; also Discord can be gained from Ethereal Combat, Addictive substances, losing your last Force in a realm, to pay for Vessels acquired in Limbo, plus various Songs and relics.

Mind you, controlling a Heart allows stuff; I can't remember all of it, but you may be thinking of Outcasting - by smashing a demon's Heart the Superior inflicts Discord.
Whitelaughter is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hell, rites, word-bound