Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 08-14-2009, 10:14 PM   #1
oma

Default TK questions

On my character sheet it lists TK at skill "11". My DX is 11. But I have 2 levels of PK Talent. It says this adds to rolls for TK including DX rolls. So why doesn't the sheet add the 2 levels of PK Talent into my skill roll which is based off of DX?? Also, in the move section it lists TK ST as 22 which is correct because I have 12 levels normal and then another 10 levels with added disadvantages. But the move is listed as 22 as well. How is that possible?? I can move something with my TK as if my move was equal to my TK ST??

Thank you for any ideas on this.
oma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 10:19 PM   #2
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.
Default Re: TK questions

Psycokinesis Talent only adds to the use of the Telekinesis advantage *IF* it has the PK/Psi limitation (making it part of the PK power). So you must manually add the limitation as well as add a modifier to PK Talent which tells it to give a bonus to the TK advantage. Currently, the modifiers that allow Psi talents to give "skill" bonuses to advantages are in the Powers data file.

Unfortunately, there's not a really good way to automatically add those bonuses, especially for Power Sets that aren't defined like the Psionic Powers in the Basic Set.

As for the move, re-read Teleknesis on p. B92. Yes, Move is equal to TK ST.
Kaboom-baya.

Last edited by ericbsmith; 08-14-2009 at 10:24 PM.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 07:25 AM   #3
oma

Okay, I see you say I need to add the modifier to PK Talent. When I enter the PK Talent modifiers there is a section that says "+1 to SK: Skill name here" and it lists it twice. I went into the first one and said "+1 to DX: DX" and left the other one alone. This changed my mods to say +2 DX:DX and +2 SK:Skill name here. But the level on my weapon tables never changed. Obviously I do not know how to make simple modifier changes.

If someone could walk me through the actual steps of what to type where to get my PK Talent to modify my TK attack level on the weapon area of the sheet that would be great.

thanks
Old 08-15-2009, 08:20 AM   #4
Imion

Just add the modifier 'Gives Skill Bonus to %advantageslist%' to Psychokinesis Talent and select Telekinesis.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:42 AM   #5
carllarson

Quote:
Originally Posted by oma View Post
Okay, I see you say I need to add the modifier to PK Talent. When I enter the PK Talent modifiers there is a section that says "+1 to SK: Skill name here" and it lists it twice. I went into the first one and said "+1 to DX: DX" and left the other one alone. This changed my mods to say +2 DX:DX and +2 SK:Skill name here. But the level on my weapon tables never changed. Obviously I do not know how to make simple modifier changes.

If someone could walk me through the actual steps of what to type where to get my PK Talent to modify my TK attack level on the weapon area of the sheet that would be great.

thanks
Ignore those two entries, unless you are actually using a skill (even then, I don't use them, instead using the modifiers tab).

Use the Modifiers button. This brings up the list of standard modifiers for the talent, and in that list are 4 lines of particular interest to you, all starting with "Gives Skill Bonus to."

Each ends in one of two versions of descriptor, Advantage or Skill, in list or write-in form. You want to choose one of the Advantage options,
%advantageslist% (the list option) or [advantages] (the write-in option).

If you haven't changed the advantage's name, use the list. If you have, use the write-in, with the exact new name you chose.

Provided the advantage has a 'skillused' tag, this will work.
carllarson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 11:50 AM   #6
oma

Perfect!! Putting the two posts together I realized that the reason I could not find the advantagelist option is that I was not loading up the POWERS book. Loading it up, I followed CarlLarson's directions and it is working perfectly. I really appreciate the help guys, it makes it so much more fun to use the program when there is help available.

oh, and now that I look, Imion also. thks