Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > In Nomine

Old 07-05-2014, 11:30 PM   #21
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Default Re: Storium - In Nomine

Quote:
Originally Posted by PK View Post
No, because running an In Nomine game in Storium is about converting the setting, not the mechanics. Just start each celestial with its resonance as the Strength and its dissonance limits as the Weakness. Everything else (attunements, songs, artifacts, etc.) can just be Assets.
Yes. It's the same approach I'd take with FATE. The story is what makes the setting powerful; play to the strengths.

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 02:32 AM   #22
ladyarcana55

Quote:
No, because running an In Nomine game in Storium is about converting the setting, not the mechanics. Just start each celestial with its resonance as the Strength and its dissonance limits as the Weakness. Everything else (attunements, songs, artifacts, etc.) can just be Assets.
I would also imagine that the Superior would be the subplot, and the Choir/Band would be Nature, yes?
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 01:33 PM   #23
wabishtar

Well, if it's going to be that basic, what did we have to contribute $150,000 to unlock? I could log on to Storium right now and create an In Nomine game like you describe, and it would only take me a few hours.
wabishtar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 06:19 PM   #24
PK

(I want to reiterate that I am replying to this as a Storium user and In Nomine fan only, not as an SJ Games employee. At the moment, I have no connection to, or insider knowledge of, the Storium In Nomine project.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladyarcana55 View Post
I would also imagine that the Superior would be the subplot, and the Choir/Band would be Nature, yes?
I'd assume as much for the Nature, though I think the Subplot could range far wider than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wabishtar View Post
Well, if it's going to be that basic, what did we have to contribute $150,000 to unlock? I could log on to Storium right now and create an In Nomine game like you describe, and it would only take me a few hours.
For the work of "a few hours," I believe that you could get the basic Natures, Strengths, Weaknesses, and Subplots up, along with enough other prep to get the game off the ground. But you aren't going to code in every song. Every artifact. Every important NPC.

In addition to that, if you go to the Start A New Game page, you'll see that there are many other sections that haven't even been enabled yet -- Premises, Characters, etc.

Just turning the stuff from the core book into cards is the work of days, not hours. Having someone do all of that work for you means you'll be able to get a Storium In Nomine (heh, "SIN") game up and running in the time it takes you to write up the story description, and once running the game, it means that anything "canonical" that you'll ever need will be one click away, as opposed to "several minutes of me looking up the details in the book and then writing up a card." And I don't know if you've narrated a Storium game yet, but speaking as someone who is, those "several minutes" add up.

MyGURPS: My house rules and GURPS resources.

#SJGamesLive: I answered questions about GURPS After the End and more!
{Watch Video} - {Read Transcript}
PK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 08:34 PM   #25
Rocket Man
Petitioner: Word of IN Filk

Quote:
Having someone do all of that work for you means you'll be able to get a Storium In Nomine (heh, "SIN") game up and running in the time it takes you to write up the story description...
So are you saying that the money to reach the stretch goal was the wages of SIN?

Author: "What Doesn't Kill Me Makes Me Stronger"
Rocket Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 09:43 PM   #26
cptbutton

Quote:
Just turning the stuff from the core book into cards is the work of days, not hours. Having someone do all of that work for you means you'll be able to get a Storium In Nomine (heh, "SIN") game up and running in the time it takes you to write up the story description, and once running the game, it means that anything "canonical" that you'll ever need will be one click away, as opposed to "several minutes of me looking up the details in the book and then writing up a card." And I don't know if you've narrated a Storium game yet, but speaking as someone who is, those "several minutes" add up.
I've found the hardest part is finding the right card art in the public domain or with a license for non-commercial modified reuse.

I hope that the IN Storium conversion includes a bunch of the art from the books.

Does anyone know if there will be any special added mechanics, or just the same types of cards adapted to IN?
cptbutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2016, 05:55 PM   #27
cptbutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptbutton View Post
I've found the hardest part is finding the right card art in the public domain or with a license for non-commercial modified reuse.

I hope that the IN Storium conversion includes a bunch of the art from the books.

Does anyone know if there will be any special added mechanics, or just the same types of cards adapted to IN?
Storium's public launch has happened.

IN not yet available. And the answer to my hope and question above are likely both "no". 8-({

Slightly longer post about it by me here.
Old 03-19-2016, 01:22 AM   #28
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

I don't know about art. (Not my circus, not my monkeys.)

Not sure what I can say about the rest. What I saw definitely had adaptations for Storium-style card-play, of course.

*waits with Djinnish patience*
Old 03-19-2016, 05:53 AM   #29
cptbutton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archangel Beth View Post
I don't know about art. (Not my circus, not my monkeys.)

Not sure what I can say about the rest. What I saw definitely had adaptations for Storium-style card-play, of course.

*waits with Djinnish patience*
Obviously not one serving Litheroy.
Old 03-21-2016, 08:30 PM   #30
Archangel Beth
In Nomine Line Editor

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptbutton View Post
Obviously not one serving Litheroy.
I'm not sure Litheroy would have any Djinn anyway. >_>

Tags