Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 09-28-2023, 11:15 AM   #1
Ragabash Moon

Default _Advantage Weapon Master Damage Bonus is missing?

So as the title says, older GCA4 characters that have been converted are fine, but new characters being made in GCA5 seem to not have _Advantage: Weapon Master Bonus as an option.

Did it get accidentally deleted or was the method of adding the damage changed but the pop-up was not?

Cleopatra: Whenever she assigned me to the switch, was that Voice, or was Raina influencing her thinking? Because, I mean, if it was Raina, she got inside my head and decided that I would screw it up.
Ragabash Moon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2023, 05:39 PM   #2
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: _Advantage Weapon Master Damage Bonus is missing?

I'm not sure what you're seeing, but I just added a Broadsword to a new character, and then clicked the Modifiers button. The second item in the list was
"_Advantage: Weapon Master Damage Bonus", right under "_Advantage: Signature Gear".

Perhaps you're loading something that removed it? I see it there for every weapon I just tried.
Old 09-28-2023, 05:52 PM   #3
Ragabash Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armin View Post
I'm not sure what you're seeing, but I just added a Broadsword to a new character, and then clicked the Modifiers button. The second item in the list was
"_Advantage: Weapon Master Damage Bonus", right under "_Advantage: Signature Gear".

Perhaps you're loading something that removed it? I see it there for every weapon I just tried.

Okay, so you are right, sort of. Just tried a Bastard Sword and it IS there, but its' not for Force Swords. Not sure why. I do see Signature Gear as an option though.

Cleopatra: Whenever she assigned me to the switch, was that Voice, or was Raina influencing her thinking? Because, I mean, if it was Raina, she got inside my head and decided that I would screw it up.
Old 09-29-2023, 08:11 AM   #4
Armin
GCA Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragabash Moon View Post
Okay, so you are right, sort of. Just tried a Bastard Sword and it IS there, but its' not for Force Swords. Not sure why. I do see Signature Gear as an option though.
A force sword does not do thrust or swing damage.
Old 09-29-2023, 06:26 PM   #5
Jareth Valar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragabash Moon View Post
What Armin said, but to clarify. If you read the description of Weapon Master it specifically states a "muscle-powered weapon" like swords, bows, daggers, thrown weapons, etc. Basically anything that bases it's damage off of ST. Since Force Swords have a static damage (ST of 5 or 500 doesn't matter) it doesn't qualify, by RAW, for Weapon Master.

You can of course do what you will in your game. You can always just copy the modifier from a normal sword over to the Force Sword if you wish to see the effect.
Jareth Valar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2023, 03:14 AM   #6
Ragabash Moon

Ah, that makes sense actually. So then being able to put the modifier on a Force Sword was an error in GCA4 that has been fixed in GCA5. :D

Tags
character assistant, weapon master