Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS > GURPS Character Assistant

Old 05-15-2023, 09:58 AM   #1
Nightmaster

Default 3rd Edition Data Files Missing Information

So I am coming very late here to ask for help.

Me and my group play still in 3rd Edition rules (because all the books we have are for that edition) and I noticed that the data files for GCA4 that my GM have are missing several information reguarding equipments and in some cases the info presented is wrong, like the Blaster Pistol presented is from the Basic Set and its listed as having a damage of 3d(5) instead of the 3rd Edition 6d damage.

So I am looking for data files with the missing information on equipment and weapons for the 3rd Edition nooks.

Any help is appreciated
Nightmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2023, 10:10 AM   #2
Armin
GCA Prime

Default Re: 3rd Edition Data Files Missing Information

I don't know for sure what versions of the files your GM has, but they are probably the best that Eric or I had available. So far as I'm aware, those files have not been touched in many years. They seem to be getting more use these days, but as far as I'm aware, nobody has bothered to submit corrections and updates.
Old 05-23-2023, 06:19 PM   #3
Nightmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armin View Post
I don't know for sure what versions of the files your GM has, but they are probably the best that Eric or I had available. So far as I'm aware, those files have not been touched in many years. They seem to be getting more use these days, but as far as I'm aware, nobody has bothered to submit corrections and updates.
Where can I find the most recent data files for the 3rd edition then? That way I can compare then
Old 05-24-2023, 10:30 AM   #4
Armin
GCA Prime

All the ones I had available for GCA4 could be downloaded from here: https://www.misersoft.com/gca/datafiles.php

If your GM has files that aren't from there, they may be from the GCA Repository, although I don't actually know if there are any 3rd Edition files there.
Old 05-24-2023, 08:34 PM   #5
Nightmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armin View Post
All the ones I had available for GCA4 could be downloaded from here: https://www.misersoft.com/gca/datafiles.php

If your GM has files that aren't from there, they may be from the GCA Repository, although I don't actually know if there are any 3rd Edition files there.
Thanks for the help. I will look into it.