Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Munchkin > Munchkin 101

Old 12-07-2022, 01:02 AM   #1
HellShell

Default Couple of unaware details .

1. whether i force someone to help me in a fight or he chooses it by himself and i accept , and we are fighting one monster , if someone else throws a card(e.g potion of cowardice) which says that he can choose for one of us or both of us to escape the battle even if we win the fight(we roll the dice) , and he chooses not the helper but me who i am the main fighter and the one who opened the door , then will the helper face the monster and get the loots plus level for himself / he can fight but the rewards will got to me because its my monster / we must both leave and the selection of one player must only be the helper and it is used to expose me so i must fight it alone ?

2. if a curse is put on me but it affects lets say my left or right player , can this player(left/right player) if is an orc or has an appropriate item dodge the curse ? (i think not because it is not threw on them to dodge but me )

3. is there a common sense or rule that says how many items we can have as ''unequipped'' or how many ''one-time use'' items we have down on our board ? i am saying this because i think charity maybe sometimes should be more easibly used and help the guys on the bottom .

In that case we added a rule that said like one-use items on board can be max 2 potions(potions because they can like carried by the character but other cards which are like''spells'' can not) , and unequipped items max 2 . Do you agree ? how do you play ?

Also do you have a limit on how many items (which dont include any requirements regarding foot-armor etc) you can have on board ? i am saying this because many of my games we end with players have like 10 items which causing confusion .
HellShell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 09:29 AM   #2
Brf

Default Re: Couple of unaware details .

Potion of Cowardice would force both munchkins to run away.

You can carry any number of small items. There is no limit.
Brf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2022, 04:18 PM   #3
Mr_Draco

Default Re: Couple of unaware details .

For question two, you are correct. That player has to be the target of the curse, either from kicking down the door or another player specifically targeting them. If they are the side effect of a curse (like the player to the left/right of the player that was cursed), then they can not cancel the curse or avoid it.

Brf covered everything else. If you want to house rule a limit on unequipped items and small items go ahead but I think most of us play via the rules which is no limit.
Mr_Draco is offline   Reply With Quote