Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game

Old 06-22-2022, 03:41 AM   #11
restlessgriffin

Default Re: The Road to Bardsville

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocephus View Post
I was trying to figure out one of the One Shot Adventures to put in as well.

He recently reviewed someone else's adventure "The Mad Manor of Astabar" which might take a little conversion from D&D but it seems pretty straight forward and it already has a Bard theme.
I plan on using as much published material as possible. I probably won't use D&D stuff. For starters I'll stick with GURPS DFRPG, DF, and Fantasy line.
restlessgriffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2022, 04:00 AM   #12
restlessgriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalin View Post
When I ran "You All Meet at an Inn" at the start of my first DFRPG campaign, they were on a mountain road to Wadi al-Sheik, the town at the start of "Mirror of the Fire Demon." After they finished the inn, discovered the crypt of a barbarian chieftain. Wrote it up in this forum: One-shot adventure: The Tomb of Hroth Yaggeltor. You could probably reskin this to be in the forest and include rumors about it at the inn (or under it...).
OK, that looks promising. I have the Morror of the Fire Demon (MotFD) adventure. Maybe I'll reshuffle things. I think for WSC the region the mention for MotFD is in Enota.
Old 06-22-2022, 04:21 AM   #13
restlessgriffin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bocephus View Post
Well you already have all the fixings for a few possibilities depending on how you want to handle it.

=====================================
Here's an option just off the top of my head.

A Caravan (Goods, Animals, traveling circus, working girls... you pick) on its way to Bardsville gets hit by bandits a day out from town. They got through but lost one of their drovers and all but one guard "Old Cully" (he could be wounded if the GM doesn't want to deal with playing Cully). Cully is loud and opinionated but doesn't actually know how to run a team ....
... the Caravan is looking for a new set of Guards and given what they when through they are serious about having some muscle.

If the PCs join Cully as 'part of his team' you can look forward to him trying to be in charge and messing things up. ...

Either way there is at least one bandit attack in the future. If someone in the group can drive the cart ....
OK, the Caravan sounds like a winner. I guess the caravan will have stopped at the Inn. Guards all get killed/hurt during the Meet at the Inn encounter so they need to be replaced by PCs.

Tags
adventure games