Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2022, 01:50 PM   #801
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
give me a photography roll. If relying on the swarm's programming roll vs. 12.
Well let's take care of that first:
Quote:
[491] 22-08-10 20:19:40 BST
Automated Photography
3d6 <= 12
1 + 2 + 6 = 9 ... success
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
They were... It seems they never filled the tunnel back in...
Luckily for me I guess. Maybe this will change their mind about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Haclyone redeploys the swarms to spy on the grand order. Her hand has been frozen in a translucent block of ice and placed in the basement with the knights guarding it. There are now six knight-shamans in the basement: three orcs and three lizards. More knights continue to arrive. It does not take them too long to call the majority of knights off of the hunt, though a few continue looking around.
Can I put a few drones on the ones who are still looking around? Don

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
There is a lot of discussion about what Halcyone is and what her motives were. Almost all of them agree she is some sort of monster from before the last cataclysm. There is some disagreement if she is a "creature or a construct".
Hm. Suppose their half-right on both sides. Is there any chance they have special insight? Or are they just inferring that from me being alive and not looking at anything alive they know of?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
There is a lot of disagreement if she works for the dwarves or for some other unknown faction. They aren't sure what exactly she wanted, but they all agree is seems to involve the stone melders, and they want to be on high alert to guard the ice blocks.

You'll need a roll to really sort through oddles of data to find someone who is worried about Halcyone interfering with their plans.
I go looking for something resembling coffee. It's going to be a long night.
Quote:
[492] 22-08-10 20:31:16 BST
Intelligence Analysis
3d6 <= 14
5 + 1 + 4 = 10 ... success
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
He was a little of both, frustrated with some of the extra cheers and pleased with others. The factors seem to be complex, but generally he likes the added enthusiasm but finds it is impeding the smooth delivery of his oration.
Maybe he didn't see the relation between what he was saying and when the other cheers came?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Yes, three tried to play it cool, one occasionally nodded on one point or the other, and two showed naked disgust.
I suppose it's a little late to put any drones on the nodding guy. Roll to see if I have a good enough picture of the guy to send drones searching for him.

Quote:
[493] 22-08-10 20:37:46 BST
Automated Photography
3d6 <= 12
2 + 5 + 3 = 10 ... success
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 09:24 AM   #802
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Vassarious moves out of sight and shifts... Taking on their Air Elemental form to have a closer look at the house and continue their surveillance.
V shifts into a being of air, and enters the home.



Their are several adults in the home, of various ages. By their speech they seem to be family. They ask him about how the speech went, how many people came, and generally appear to wish the cause well. They ask how many are willing to fight, and the rabble-rouser says "more than last time. If we keep this up..."


The others seem less convinced that this way forward will work. One in particular wishes him luck in his efforts, with an undertone of "you're going to need it". They think some other strategy will be needed to "Free us from the tyranny of wastelanders"



The others are just as wealthy but take better care of their possessions. Many of them seem to be recently dirty, with mine dust being the primary culprit.



Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well let's take care of that first:
The pages are 95% readable. The pictures are pretty good.


Quote:
Can I put a few drones on the ones who are still looking around? Don
You know the others are out there because people are talking about them, not because you have drones on them. So not with the information you currently have.


Quote:
Hm. Suppose their half-right on both sides. Is there any chance they have special insight? Or are they just inferring that from me being alive and not looking at anything alive they know of?
They're blindly making assumptions based on what they know of this world.


Quote:
I go looking for something resembling coffee. It's going to be a long night.
Your coffee search is Fruitless! Welcome to the end of the world! to the wastes of Tuguk! You shall find no gentle relief for your fatigue!


We'll come back to this roll. It will take a while, but its a success.


Quote:
Maybe he didn't see the relation between what he was saying and when the other cheers came?
He either didn't notice or didn't particularly care.
Quote:
I suppose it's a little late to put any drones on the nodding guy. Roll to see if I have a good enough picture of the guy to send drones searching for him.
You can go ahead and try to find him if you want.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 03:02 PM   #803
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Vassarious looks about for any other identifying features and listens for a bit longer to see if the rabble-rouser goes anywhere else.

If they seem to be staying put, after about 20 minutes, Vassrious will slip back out and find a private place to return to Orc-Merchant form and contact Halcyone and report what they have seen.

"Can you send your bugs to watch this home? Can you also send them to the mines?"
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2022, 06:02 PM   #804
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
You know the others are out there because people are talking about them, not because you have drones on them. So not with the information you currently have.
Well I suppose they won't find me unless I take off my pants, so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Your coffee search is Fruitless! Welcome to the end of the world! to the wastes of Tuguk! You shall find no gentle relief for your fatigue!
Alright. I will instead boil up a kettle of victory tea (i.e. hot water).

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
If they seem to be staying put, after about 20 minutes, Vassrious will slip back out and find a private place to return to Orc-Merchant form and contact Halcyone and report what they have seen.

"Can you send your bugs to watch this home? Can you also send them to the mines?"
By amulet radio, I suppose.

"No problem. I'll have bugs all over his house in the hour."

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
You can go ahead and try to find him if you want.
I'll do that. The knight-shamans live in the guild halls, right? If not, they visit each hall regularly, right? I'll distribute a swarm to each of the guild halls, along with the violent rabble-rousers house. At twenty swarms, that still gives me a lot of swarms to play around with.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 09:42 AM   #805
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
Vassarious looks about for any other identifying features and listens for a bit longer to see if the rabble-rouser goes anywhere else.


If they seem to be staying put, after about 20 minutes, Vassrious will slip back out and find a private place to return to Orc-Merchant form and contact Halcyone and report what they have seen.
The dirty rabble-rouser with the jewelry stays in the house for the full 20 minutes, but the one who talked about the "tyranny of the wastelanders" heads out somewhere.


Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
"No problem. I'll have bugs all over his house in the hour."

I'll do that. The knight-shamans live in the guild halls, right? If not, they visit each hall regularly, right? I'll distribute a swarm to each of the guild halls, along with the violent rabble-rousers house. At twenty swarms, that still gives me a lot of swarms to play around with.
Despite the name "lodge", the knight shamans visit the guild lodges, not live in them. At least most of the time. Swarms now cover the five lodges and the home of the the rabble rouser (lets call him Porglin).



Halcyone finds the face of the knight-shaman who was nodding. He's a member of the grand order, and currently at the lodge.


Anything either of you want to do before Halcyone stays up analyzing knight-shaman responses?
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 12:13 PM   #806
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The dirty rabble-rouser with the jewelry stays in the house for the full 20 minutes, but the one who talked about the "tyranny of the wastelanders" heads out somewhere.
I need to manifest a body to use the communicator, so I cannot give chase at this point, correct?
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2022, 12:14 PM   #807
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Despite the name "lodge", the knight shamans visit the guild lodges, not live in them. At least most of the time. Swarms now cover the five lodges and the home of the the rabble rouser (lets call him Porglin).
Hm. I suppose there less likely going to be incidental conversations going on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Halcyone finds the face of the knight-shaman who was nodding. He's a member of the grand order, and currently at the lodge.
Well let's attach a swarm to follow the nodding knight-shaman around. Maybe he's going to contact with someone from the more radical wing of the stone movement. Or maybe I'm off course and he just agrees with Uglin.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Anything either of you want to do before Halcyone stays up analyzing knight-shaman responses?
Not really.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 09:37 AM   #808
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_matrix_walker View Post
I need to manifest a body to use the communicator, so I cannot give chase at this point, correct?
You need to manifest a body to use the communicator, yes. That does not preclude following Porglin... you just have to find a moment and place to shift. Make a trade-craft! roll at +2 to do so without being noticed or loosing your man.



Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
Well let's attach a swarm to follow the nodding knight-shaman around. Maybe he's going to contact with someone from the more radical wing of the stone movement. Or maybe I'm off course and he just agrees with Uglin.
Its an easy enough bet to make.


Halcyone is in her room, watching the lodges and trying to find someone worried about the most recent event, when she notices two knight shamans outside her window entering her building. One is an orc, one is a lizard. The Lizard seems to be sniffing as she walks.



OCC: nice Per score!
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 02:05 PM   #809
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Halcyone is in her room, watching the lodges and trying to find someone worried about the most recent event, when she notices two knight shamans outside her window entering her building. One is an orc, one is a lizard. The Lizard seems to be sniffing as she walks.
So the Lizards have noses like bloodhounds... That does it. Next world I'm going to brush up on at least the manufacturer's specs of the local fauna. Maybe the magic too.

Even if they weren't following a particular trail, they probably could have picked it up from my frozen arm. While I can look like a lotta things, they'll probably catch the smell of seafood from outside of room

Is there only one path from my room to an exit? Maybe I could climb out the window, into another room (where the occupant is sleeping), and slip out of the inn while they're busy searching the first room. And if that's not an option, maybe just climb down and blend into the crowd.

Quote:
[495] 22-08-22 21:04:47 BST
Climbing
3d6 <= 16
4 + 3 + 2 = 9 ... success

[494] 22-08-22 21:04:34 BST
Stealth
3d6 <= 15
3 + 2 + 1 = 6 ... success
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2022, 02:55 PM   #810
the_matrix_walker
 
the_matrix_walker's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Lynn, MA
Default Re: Corco's Villa (IC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
You need to manifest a body to use the communicator, yes. That does not preclude following Porglin... you just have to find a moment and place to shift. Make a trade-craft! roll at +2 to do so without being noticed or loosing your man.
Vassarious shifts their shape back once again to give pursuit!
Code:
Tradecraft at +2

3d6 <= 16
5 + 2 + 1 = 8 ... success
the_matrix_walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:04 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.