Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-15-2022, 04:41 AM   #1501
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
You've just started securing the reactor: this is the first set of rooms. The reactor stretch from deck four to deck 17. You caught 20 people in this room, and there should be 60 spread out among all of the decks. This is the control area though, and the easiest place to sabotage from.

He thinks it worked.
Daymar is going to try to subvert the remaining people in this room before moving deeper into the reactor.

[1059] 22-07-15 12:41:13 CEST

Mental Surgery (Fanaticism), All-Out Concentrate

3d6 <= 16
1: 3 + 4 + 3 = 10 ... success
2: 2 + 6 + 3 = 11 ... success
3: 2 + 2 + 3 = 7 ... success
4: 2 + 3 + 4 = 9 ... success
5: 6 + 5 + 4 = 15 ... success
6: 2 + 6 + 5 = 13 ... success
7: 3 + 1 + 4 = 8 ... success
8: 2 + 4 + 2 = 8 ... success
9: 3 + 2 + 2 = 7 ... success
10: 5 + 3 + 3 = 11 ... success
11: 6 + 4 + 3 = 13 ... success
12: 2 + 1 + 4 = 7 ... success
13: 1 + 3 + 3 = 7 ... success
14: 4 + 2 + 2 = 8 ... success
15: 2 + 2 + 3 = 7 ... success
16: 5 + 6 + 5 = 16 ... success
17: 1 + 6 + 1 = 8 ... success
18: 5 + 1 + 6 = 12 ... success
19: 4 + 6 + 1 = 11 ... success
20: 1 + 6 + 4 = 11 ... success
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 08:51 AM   #1502
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
...
Sure, I could still use it as material for a trap, and I have a pistol to work with. Heck, if I can find the time I could probably swap it for one of the useless rifles barrels later.
That's what, two riffles you've destroyed? not counting the sabotage of most the backup riffles?


Hua Drills a hole in the door, and pries open the sealing mechanism, ruining the laser riffle she's using.


She thinks she hears people gathering near the door.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar is going to try to subvert the remaining people in this room before moving deeper into the reactor.
Daymar got most of them, but it pretty sure he doesn't have all of them.



Pookivo wants to press on with half the team while Daymar is converting people.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 09:25 AM   #1503
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
That's what, two riffles you've destroyed? not counting the sabotage of most the backup riffles?
I suppose being a relatively poor shot means that I'm a bit more blase about not having a good gun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua Drills a hole in the door, and pries open the sealing mechanism, ruining the laser riffle she's using.

She thinks she hears people gathering near the door.
I'll call out to the guards I brought along, and tell them to prepare for combat. I'll give them a few seconds before I open the door.
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 11:26 AM   #1504
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Daymar got most of them, but it pretty sure he doesn't have all of them.

Pookivo wants to press on with half the team while Daymar is converting people.
Daymar is going to move on with Pookivo, suggesting that two guards are left behind to guard the mostly converted prisoners.
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2022, 08:23 PM   #1505
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Pacifica checks the names of the four “compromised” men, and orders (whispering) them to cover their faces, she tells the others to tie the 4 guys loosely, so they look like detained people; she asks Vinobi for the names of the female officers that could be with Zybo right now. Then she speaks to Zybo:

Sir, I have news that cannot wait. I know you and your company are very tense, everybody does; but I have a message for you. How would you like me to deliver this message?
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 09:04 AM   #1506
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I suppose being a relatively poor shot means that I'm a bit more blase about not having a good gun.

I'll call out to the guards I brought along, and tell them to prepare for combat. I'll give them a few seconds before I open the door.
Hua cracks the door. The compartment is full of people (at least 15, probably more), two of which have raised tools to smack the first person through the door. She doesn't see a warhead.

Hua has the highest speed, and can thus go first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar is going to move on with Pookivo, suggesting that two guards are left behind to guard the mostly converted prisoners.

I take that as a no: Daymar finishes his quick pass over the prisoners so that he can accompany Pookivo on his way down the reactor section.



The are lightly armed, and if they were expecting dreadstormers, they were not expecting an army of security. They sweep through the section.



Towards the end of the sweep, daymar notices that four entire consoles seem to be blinking in some sort of warning.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Pacifica checks the names of the four “compromised” men, and orders (whispering) them to cover their faces, she tells the others to tie the 4 guys loosely, so they look like detained people; she asks Vinobi for the names of the female officers that could be with Zybo right now.
Vinobi: Jiniva, Zibipor, Nikoe, and Tutuna.


You have 10 compromised fighters and 4 clean, rather than 4 compromised and 10 clean fighters.


Quote:
Then she speaks to Zybo:
Quote:

Sir, I have news that cannot wait. I know you and your company are very tense, everybody does; but I have a message for you. How would you like me to deliver this message?
Zybo: "I'll come get the message."

He goes through the door, and the woman lets him go.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!

Last edited by ericthered; 07-20-2022 at 09:30 AM.
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 10:39 AM   #1507
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Hua cracks the door. The compartment is full of people (at least 15, probably more), two of which have raised tools to smack the first person through the door. She doesn't see a warhead.

Hua has the highest speed, and can thus go first.
So are there like interior walls and stuff or is it pretty open? I guess they don't have any firearms if the best they can do are tools.

I shout at them: "On the ground! Everyone standing will be shot!"

Quote:
[1060] 22-07-20 18:34:38 CEST
Intimidation Default (+1 from Callous?)
3d6 <= 11 : 5 + 6 + 6 = 17 ... failure
Well that's just sad. I bet her voice is all squeaky so nobody takes her seriously.

Then I fire at one of the guys holding a tool (Vitals, two yards or less?)
Quote:
[1061] 22-07-20 18:37:25 CEST
Beam Weapons - 3
3d6 <= 12
6 + 4 + 1 = 11 ... success
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2022, 07:32 PM   #1508
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
I take that as a no: Daymar finishes his quick pass over the prisoners so that he can accompany Pookivo on his way down the reactor section.

The are lightly armed, and if they were expecting dreadstormers, they were not expecting an army of security. They sweep through the section.

Towards the end of the sweep, daymar notices that four entire consoles seem to be blinking in some sort of warning.
Daymar is going to try to assess what the blinking warning is about:

[1062] 22-07-21 03:32:24 CEST

Spacer

3d6 <= 16
3 + 2 + 4 = 9 ... success
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 08:56 AM   #1509
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
So are there like interior walls and stuff or is it pretty open? I guess they don't have any firearms if the best they can do are tools.
There are a bunch of storage cell rooms, 10x10, just like most of the ship.


Quote:
I shout at them: "On the ground! Everyone standing will be shot!"

Well that's just sad. I bet her voice is all squeaky so nobody takes her seriously.
The intimidation attempt takes up your surprise round. No one buys it The two crew members swing their tools. One of them has a potential hit for 4 damage.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar is going to try to assess what the blinking warning is about:
The two reactors that are on right now are having problems that require either a manual shut off or the immediate attention of a skilled reactor engineer.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2022, 10:03 AM   #1510
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
There are a bunch of storage cell rooms, 10x10, just like most of the ship.
Well hopefully they aren't keeping anyone with a gun in reserve.

Quote:
Crew trying to smack julian with tools: vs brawling 11
Well that's great! Hua doesn't need to make a dodge roll! :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
The intimidation attempt takes up your surprise round. No one buys it The two crew members swing their tools. One of them has a potential hit for 4 damage
I thought I was still invisible but anyway (They'd probably be able to locate from the yelling):
Quote:
[1065] 22-07-22 17:52:23 CEST
Dodge
3d6 <= 10
2 + 1 + 6 = 9 ... success
Now I fire one of the guys holding a tool (Vitals, two yards or less, 3 shots, bulk?).

I rerolled, if you want to use the previous that's fine
Quote:
[1066] 22-07-22 18:00:06 CEST
Beam Weapons - 3
3d6 <= 12
3 + 3 + 3 = 9 ... success
Three hits if no bulk, two hits if bulk
Quote:
[1067] 22-07-22 18:01:37 CEST
Damage
3d6
1: 1 + 3 + 6 = 10
2: 6 + 1 + 1 = 8
3: 6 + 3 + 4 = 13
I guess the guards are in no position to help yet?
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 12:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.