Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > Play By Post

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2022, 07:37 AM   #1371
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TGLS View Post
I'll hop down to the hatch and open it back up again!

Well I guess I hurt myself.
That's.. a 3 yard fall onto a hard surface with 11 HP for 8x22/100=1.76 = 2d6. You get 7 DR from your Tactical vest. Go ahead and roll.


Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
He continues up to the hatch, keeping an eye out for any other attackers. If he gets a glimpse of one of the attackers he will either shoot (if it's far) or attempt Suggestion (if it's close).

Hua falls onto the shut hatch. No other attackers appear... they seem to have all vanished down the hatch onto deck 7.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 08:18 AM   #1372
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
That's.. a 3 yard fall onto a hard surface with 11 HP for 8x22/100=1.76 = 2d6. You get 7 DR from your Tactical vest. Go ahead and roll.
Quote:
[945] 22-04-25 16:15:07 CEST
Damage
2d6
5 + 4 = 9
OK, so down to 6 HP (2 hits now, 3 from earlier)
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2022, 02:49 PM   #1373
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
That's.. a 3 yard fall onto a hard surface with 11 HP for 8x22/100=1.76 = 2d6. You get 7 DR from your Tactical vest. Go ahead and roll.

Hua falls onto the shut hatch. No other attackers appear... they seem to have all vanished down the hatch onto deck 7.
Daymar orders the man who went down be given care, and goes to check on Hua himself. "This has the potential to blow this thing wide open, we need to catch those men. Let's get this hatch open, we need to pursue them onto deck 7."
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 08:44 AM   #1374
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar orders the man who went down be given care, and goes to check on Hua himself. "This has the potential to blow this thing wide open, we need to catch those men. Let's get this hatch open, we need to pursue them onto deck 7."

One man checks on his buddy, The man is down (below 0 HP) but alive, and even awake.


One security throws open the hatch, and the other fires wildly into it. They have no responding fire, but hear the clang! of a door shutting.


Daymar, are you rolling first aid for HUA? TL is 9, for 1d+1 on a successful roll.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 10:27 AM   #1375
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
One man checks on his buddy, The man is down (below 0 HP) but alive, and even awake.

One security throws open the hatch, and the other fires wildly into it. They have no responding fire, but hear the clang! of a door shutting.

Daymar, are you rolling first aid for HUA? TL is 9, for 1d+1 on a successful roll.
Daymar instructs the other security to go after them, and then performs first aid on Hua.

[946] 22-04-26 18:26:19 CEST

First Aid

3d6 <= 15
4 + 2 + 5 = 11 ... success

[947] 22-04-26 18:26:45 CEST

First Aid HP recovery roll

1d6 +1
4 + 1 = 5
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 11:22 AM   #1376
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

I'll thank Daymar, and get back up to help chase down the security. I'll be going invisible again obviously.

Quote:
[948] 22-04-26 19:22:37 CEST
Photorefraction
3d6 <= 15
2 + 1 + 2 = 5 ... success
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2022, 03:30 PM   #1377
Hide
 
Hide's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
(...) Lt. Butieku curses. "<explicative> They did attack! What happened to the comms? we've been trying to reach you. How many causalities? We need to establish contact with the officer quarters!" Lt. Butieku is moving quickly and talking rapidly. She and the four soliders stride quickly towards Pacifica, holding their weapons, but not pointing them at her... Roll tactics for positioning yourself out of friendly fire lines.
Pacifica makes the move; she is ready to "send the signal" and neutralize the enemies:

Tactics (luck 2)
3d6 <= 7
1 + 2 + 3 = 6 ... success.

OOC: Do I get a surprise attack for Pacifica and her team?
__________________
- 画龍点睛。Hide。
Hide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 08:25 AM   #1378
ericthered
Hero of Democracy
 
ericthered's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: far from the ocean
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by GnomesofZurich View Post
Daymar instructs the other security to go after them, and then performs first aid on Hua.
First aid takes a full minute...



The guards pursue the scouts down the decks: deck seven has the foreward laser station that must be passed over before going down: that must be why they used the door.



They come back reporting that they've lost contact with the enemy. They think they went into the laser section around deck 10.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Hide View Post
Pacifica makes the move; she is ready to "send the signal" and neutralize the enemies:

Tactics (luck 2)
3d6 <= 7
1 + 2 + 3 = 6 ... success.

OOC: Do I get a surprise attack for Pacifica and her team?
Yes, you do, and your soldiers have clean shots that don't risk hitting you.
__________________
Be helpful, not pedantic

Worlds Beyond Earth -- my blog

Check out the PbP forum! If you don't see a game you'd like, ask me about making one!
ericthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2022, 11:37 AM   #1379
TGLS
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
They come back reporting that they've lost contact with the enemy. They think they went into the laser section around deck 10.
I'll move up ahead to do recon on the laser section:
Quote:
[953] 22-04-27 19:34:40 CEST
Observation
3d6 <= 13
1 + 2 + 2 = 5 ... success

[952] 22-04-27 19:34:30 CEST
Stealth
3d6 <= 16
1 + 2 + 3 = 6 ... success
TGLS is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2022, 03:27 PM   #1380
GnomesofZurich
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Canada
Default Re: DreadStormers [IC]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
First aid takes a full minute...

The guards pursue the scouts down the decks: deck seven has the foreward laser station that must be passed over before going down: that must be why they used the door.

They come back reporting that they've lost contact with the enemy. They think they went into the laser section around deck 10.
After treating Hua, Daymar will join the guards. "We need to deal with these scouts, if they went into Deck 10 then we'll need to go after them."
__________________
Secret: Not a Gnome. (Actually a Dwarf with Dwarfism).
GnomesofZurich is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Fnords are Off
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.9
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.