Steve Jackson Games - Site Navigation
Home General Info Follow Us Search Illuminator Store Forums What's New Other Games Ogre GURPS Munchkin Our Games: Home

Go Back   Steve Jackson Games Forums > Roleplaying > GURPS

Old 08-14-2022, 05:03 AM   #1
Drop Bear

Default P.S,I. (For the Phemoec Project seting)

P.S.I. (Phenomenon Security & Investigation)

P.S.I. is a U.S. Federal agency tasked with Security and Investigation of various normally unexplained Phenomena in the U.S. it is mainly concerned with Public Safety, Law Enforcement and Scientific Investigations though it dose have some National Security duties as well.

formally established in the year 2000 after the more liberal era of the 1990's and a string of near exposure incidents in the middle of the decade, compared to the rest of the Psiberocracy it is under funded under staffed and over tasked, it is also one of the parts of the Psiberocracy with the most public expose, P.S.I. is formally part of the Justus Department but reports to both the Attorney Generals Office and the Office of the Vice President.

P.S.I. Agents are recruited from other Federal Law Enforcement and the Military (primary the Psibercorps) their scientific, technical and support staff are recruited from other departments and agencies and rearly careful screed Civilians.

The first crop of PSI agents where a mixed bag of liberally minded ESP Operatives, FBI Agents ans a handful of agents from other agencies who investigated Phenomenon, initially the bulk of the training was carried out at FLETC before the establishment of "PSI School". these first agents where soon joined by a wider variety of law Enforcement Recruits and Black Beret Veterans.

Apart from the PSI HQ in the Al Gore building in Washingtonian D.C., the old HQ in Alexandria Virginia and PSI School at an undisclosed location somewhere in the Pacific North West PSI has no permanently staffed locations, but they have a number of offices that remain shuttered until needed these are normally attached to FBI field offices. though the L.A., San-Fransisco, Las Vegas and Boston offices see heavy use and PSI is constantly petitioning Congress for additional funding to keep them (as-well as Chicago, New Orliens and New York) staffed on a permanent basis.

PSI Field Teams normally consist of two agents and four support staff (normally of scientific or technical in nature) it is normal to have Psionicaly gifted personal as part of the field teems. PSI also uses TRT's (Tactical Response Teams) made up of Psibercorps Veterans who normally operate using the Black Berets doctrine and equipment.
Drop Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2022, 07:13 AM   #2
Fred Brackin

Default Re: P.S,I. (For the Phemoec Project seting)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drop Bear View Post
P.S.I. (Phenomenon Security & Investigation)

P.S.I. is a U.S. Federal agency .
Do you mean the "Phoenix Project" setting from 3e Psionics?
Old 08-17-2022, 05:18 AM   #3
Drop Bear

Default Re: P.S,I. (For the Phemoex Project seting)

opps missed a keystroke, my bad.
Old 08-20-2022, 12:52 AM   #4
Drop Bear

Default Re: P.S,I. (For the Phoenix Project setting)

Locations

P.S.I. HQ (the New Head Quarters)

2nd & 3rd floor Annex 1 Al Gorre Building Washington D.C.

opened in 2015 and fully amusing the roll of the Agencies General Head Quakers in 2018. the Agency Director and her staff along with a small complement of Agents and scientists occupy office space to allow Congress and other DC based departments access to PSI leadership. since the building has few other permanent occupants PSI has virtual free run of the whole complex. the New HQ was established because Congressional Staffers protested having to schlep their Buts outside of the Beltway to the Alexandria Virginia location to do business with the agency.

P.S.I. Old HQ Alexandria Virginia

the Original permanent HQ for PSI opened in 2005 and coming fully online in 2010 it today serves as the Agent and Field Team Deport for operations in the eastern US, it is also the national administrative hub and hosts the agencies Gym, Tactical Range and a Training Center. as well as Morgue, Criminology Lab and other Since & Engineering Labs
Old 08-20-2022, 09:54 AM   #5
Drop Bear

Default P.S,I. (For the Phoenix Project setting)

The (Semi-)public face of the Psiberocracy

PSI is a non Covert Agency and is often used as a front for the wider Psiberocracy interacting with other agencies and departments and for about a week a couple of times a year on a double digit C-Span debunking various phenomena and asserting that the science is inconclusive with research ongoing concerning various other phenomena to the Joint Committee on the subject.

at one sitting of the "Joint Committee on Unexplained Phenomena" in the mid 2000's after being grilled for three hours on UFO's and before moving on to Cryptieds Agents of PSI unmasked the committees Deputy Chairperson as a member of the Millennium Council and arrested him on charges of Domestic Terrorism and Espionage.

Tags
psionic campaigns